Las esferas de sueños (Reinos Olvidados; Los Arpistas #5)

Las esferas de sueños (Forgotten Realms: Songs & Swords #5)

3.67 of 5 stars 3.67  ·  rating details  ·  633 ratings  ·  5 reviews
La Ciudad del Esplendor es un lugar en el que se puede comprar cualquier cosa imaginable, incluso sueños, si es que uno está dispuesto a pagar el precio. Cuando la venta de esferas de sueños amenaza la vida de su hermanastra recién descubierta, Danilo Thann une sus fuerzas con Arilyn Hojaluna para descubrir quién maneja desde la sombra los hilos de ese letal negocio. Su in...more
Paperback, Primera, 384 pages
Published October 30th 2003 by Timun Mas (first published 1999)

Jesse
I liked it, but not as much as other books I've read by Cunningham.

The three characters that have been stars of 5(I think) of her books, have come back together one more time; the jaded half-elf, Arilyn, the psudo fop/mage, Danilo, and the evilish crime lord of Waterdeep, Elaith. In this story, they spend their time almost entirely within the city of Waterdeep. This was cool, and I like the way that Cunningham continues to flesh out the "Manhattan" of Forgotten Realms.

The reason I only gave th...more
Hacedores Desierto
Muy bien, llegamos al quinto libro de esta saga. Aunque personalmente para mí es el cuarto, siendo el Bastión del Espino algo más parecido a un spin off que una parte de la saga propiamente dicha.

Una de las cosas que más me ha llamado la atención de este libro es lo bien colocado que está en el tiempo. Como está colocado bastante después de las aventuras sucedidas en el segundo y tercer libro, nos mantiene en la intriga de qué es lo que ha sucedido de lo que no nos hemos enterado.
Sigue leyendo...more
Doris
It took over halfway through the book for it to get interesting. I almost tossed it in my discard pile, but kept reading mainly to fill time while traveling and during lunch breaks on those days when I had no errands and no lunch companion. Once it picked up, it was hard to put down.

Recommendation – if you read this, speed read through the first 100 pages or so, just enough to get a feel for the characters. Once the action starts though it engages your interest!

Snail in Danger (Sid) Nicolaides
I think that this book was somewhat hampered by its setting (tabletop gaming campaign). And possibly editorial guidelines. I don't know this for certain, but I got the feeling that violence is allowed, and bawdiness is allowed, but that romance is to be limited.

Something that just dawned on me: Danilo and Arilyn are Mulder and Scully. With swords.
Keith Craig
An average fantasy novel. I can't say I would recommend it but I won't discourage you either. Good mindless entertainment.
John
John marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2014
Bree
Bree added it
Jul 13, 2014
Allen
Allen marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2014
Pam
Pam added it
Jul 04, 2014
Shawn Camp
Shawn Camp marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2014
Rusty Schaeffer
Rusty Schaeffer marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2014
  • The Veiled Dragon (Forgotten Realms: The Harpers, #12)
  • Rising Tide (The Threat from the Sea #1)
  • All Shadows Fled (Forgotten Realms: Shadow of the Avatar, #3)
  • Curse of the Shadowmage (Forgotten Realms: The Harpers, #11)
  • Finder's Bane (Forgotten Realms: Lost Gods, #1; The Harpers, #15)
  • Realms of the Arcane (Forgotten Realms: Anthologies, #5)
  • Mistress of the Night (Forgotten Realms: The Priests, #2)
  • Mortal Consequences (Forgotten Realms: Netheril, #3)
  • Final Gate (Forgotten Realms: The Last Mythal, #3)
  • Blackstaff (Forgotten Realms: The Wizards, #1)
  • War in Tethyr (Forgotten Realms: The Nobles, #2)

Elaine Cunningham is an American fantasy and science fiction author, especially known for her almost poetic literary style and her contributions to the Dungeons & Dragons role playing game campaign setting of Forgotten Realms, including the realms of Evermeet, Halruaa,...more
More about Elaine Cunningham...
Dark Journey (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order, #10) Elfshadow (Forgotten Realms: The Harpers, #2; Songs & Swords, #1) Daughter of the Drow (Starlight & Shadows #1) Tangled Webs (Starlight & Shadows #2) Windwalker (Starlight & Shadows #3)