Start by marking “I Stand at the Door and Knock: Meditations by the Author of the Hiding Place” as Want to Read:
I Stand at the Door and Knock: Meditations by the Author of the Hiding Place

I Stand at the Door and Knock: Meditations by the Author of the Hiding Place

4.46 of 5 stars 4.46  ·  rating details  ·  69 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Forged in the crucible of a Nazi concentration camp, here are the words and wisdom, the faith and spiritual insight, of Corrie ten Boom. First emerging in print in the past decade, these fifty "lost sermonettes" now come to you in one inspirational volume, sharing with you messages of faith, hope, and forgiveness from a veteran saint.
Published September 23rd 2008 by Zondervan (first published 2008)

To ask other readers questions about I Stand at the Door and Knock, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Stand at the Door and Knock

Paula Wilkinson
I listened to this book on audible. The reader's accent was very distracting to me, but the material was very good. I would recommend reading it yourself. Had I done that I would likely have a better rating.
Bekah
I really enjoyed this book. Corrie ten Boom has so much wisdom to share and I enjoyed reading of her experiences and learning from her adventures in serving God.

These chapters are very short, so it makes for a nice, short read and I really liked that about it. I could just sit and read a chapter in just a few minutes and glean so much wisdom!

Sandra Eggleston
This was a really good devotional. It lets you know how important it is to surrender to the father. It also talks about the importance of following the Bible. It is consistent in it's chapters. Most of the devotions stream along the same line. Not a lot of variety. But, still very inspirational.
Celeste
As a concentration camp survivor, Corrie ten Boom, never gives up her passion for the Lord. She watched her family, and in particular, her sister die in the camps. Corrie still holds onto her beliefs long after many people would feel there is no God. A truly inspiring, thought provoking read.
Christine
Good length devotionals to give you something to think about throughout the day. Although this book is dated, talking about current events and Corrie's experience during World War II, the timeless truths she illuminates from scripture are applicable to Christians today.
Alli
4 1/2 stars out of 5.
This is a very uplifting book.
Ernie Dawson
A nice short read from a Protestant point of view. One great liner in the book bears repeating. Someone told another that God was dead. That person responded, "That isn't true, I just talked to Him this morning!"
Deb Todd
As always, Corrie's books are full of wisdom.
Christina
Beautiful meditation that are seeds for thought
Danielle
"The best is yet to come." Amen!
Ricardo Tavárez
Ricardo Tavárez is currently reading it
Nov 23, 2014
Clarissa
Clarissa marked it as to-read
Nov 05, 2014
Riley Taurone
Riley Taurone marked it as to-read
Oct 24, 2014
Ephraim Chaney
Ephraim Chaney marked it as to-read
Oct 18, 2014
Veronica Lacayo
Veronica Lacayo marked it as to-read
Oct 17, 2014
Christine
Christine marked it as to-read
Oct 15, 2014
Eilidh
Eilidh marked it as to-read
Oct 06, 2014
Donna Grosmeyer
Donna Grosmeyer marked it as to-read
Oct 03, 2014
Chris
Chris marked it as to-read
Sep 24, 2014
Carol Aguilar
Carol Aguilar marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2014
Grace Koster
Grace Koster marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2014
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2014
Lavinia
Lavinia marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2014
Abbey
Abbey marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2014
Jean
Jean marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2014