Start by marking “I Stand at the Door and Knock: Meditations by the Author of the Hiding Place” as Want to Read:
I Stand at the Door and Knock: Meditations by the Author of the Hiding Place

I Stand at the Door and Knock: Meditations by the Author of the Hiding Place

4.5 of 5 stars 4.50  ·  rating details  ·  121 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Forged in the crucible of a Nazi concentration camp, here are the words and wisdom, the faith and spiritual insight, of Corrie ten Boom. First emerging in print in the past decade, these fifty "lost sermonettes" now come to you in one inspirational volume, sharing with you messages of faith, hope, and forgiveness from a veteran saint.
Published September 23rd 2008 by Zondervan (first published 2008)

To ask other readers questions about I Stand at the Door and Knock, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Stand at the Door and Knock

Ernie Dawson
A nice short read from a Protestant point of view. One great liner in the book bears repeating. Someone told another that God was dead. That person responded, "That isn't true, I just talked to Him this morning!"
Deb Todd
As always, Corrie's books are full of wisdom.
"The best is yet to come." Amen!
David Owen
Solid Encouragement

Collection of brief encouraging messages originally broadcast on radio, with Macy's stories from the Holocaust. They are made positive and powerful by the fact that the author lived what she taught. If you want encouragement, read it!
Blessed by God

For such as this did the Lord spare Corrie Ten Boom's life. She has been reaching the lost & inspiring the saved for most of her life.
Paula Wilkinson
I listened to this book on audible. The reader's accent was very distracting to me, but the material was very good. I would recommend reading it yourself. Had I done that I would likely have a better rating.
I really enjoyed this book. Corrie ten Boom has so much wisdom to share and I enjoyed reading of her experiences and learning from her adventures in serving God.

These chapters are very short, so it makes for a nice, short read and I really liked that about it. I could just sit and read a chapter in just a few minutes and glean so much wisdom!

Sandra Eggleston
This was a really good devotional. It lets you know how important it is to surrender to the father. It also talks about the importance of following the Bible. It is consistent in it's chapters. Most of the devotions stream along the same line. Not a lot of variety. But, still very inspirational.
As a concentration camp survivor, Corrie ten Boom, never gives up her passion for the Lord. She watched her family, and in particular, her sister die in the camps. Corrie still holds onto her beliefs long after many people would feel there is no God. A truly inspiring, thought provoking read.
Good length devotionals to give you something to think about throughout the day. Although this book is dated, talking about current events and Corrie's experience during World War II, the timeless truths she illuminates from scripture are applicable to Christians today.
4 1/2 stars out of 5.
This is a very uplifting book.
Sheila Koelliker
Very uplifting and full of truth. What Christian strength she had !!! She truly believed.
Beautiful meditation that are seeds for thought
Eva North
Eva North marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2015
Cindy Penaflor
Cindy Penaflor marked it as to-read
Nov 08, 2015
Katie Kurry
Katie Kurry marked it as to-read
Nov 06, 2015
Becky marked it as to-read
Nov 03, 2015
Olivia marked it as to-read
Nov 02, 2015
George snover
George snover marked it as to-read
Oct 29, 2015
Mel marked it as to-read
Oct 28, 2015
Connie marked it as to-read
Oct 27, 2015
Michelle Kurtz
Michelle Kurtz marked it as to-read
Oct 25, 2015
Rachel Aunspaugh
Rachel Aunspaugh marked it as to-read
Oct 21, 2015
Jeff marked it as to-read
Oct 17, 2015