Start by marking “I Stand at the Door and Knock: Meditations by the Author of the Hiding Place” as Want to Read:
I Stand at the Door and Knock: Meditations by the Author of the Hiding Place

I Stand at the Door and Knock: Meditations by the Author of the Hiding Place

4.48  ·  Rating Details  ·  178 Ratings  ·  20 Reviews
Forged in the crucible of a Nazi concentration camp, here are the words and wisdom, the faith and spiritual insight, of Corrie ten Boom. First emerging in print in the past decade, these fifty "lost sermonettes" now come to you in one inspirational volume, sharing with you messages of faith, hope, and forgiveness from a veteran saint.
Published September 23rd 2008 by Zondervan (first published 2008)

To ask other readers questions about I Stand at the Door and Knock, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Stand at the Door and Knock

Ernie Dawson
A nice short read from a Protestant point of view. One great liner in the book bears repeating. Someone told another that God was dead. That person responded, "That isn't true, I just talked to Him this morning!"
Deb Todd
Mar 04, 2013 Deb Todd rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As always, Corrie's books are full of wisdom.
Danielle
Dec 07, 2013 Danielle rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"The best is yet to come." Amen!
Lydia Howe
Corrie ten Boom is one of my favorite authors. Her style is exceedingly simplistic and so easy to understand. She uses every-day analogies that help to cement her stories and bring them to mind during normal activities.

Corrie ten Boom lived in the Netherlands during WW2 and she, along with her family, were very involved with working with the underground networks and hiding a handful of Jews, and supplying transportation, ration cards, and homes for countless others. Although this book doesn't t
David Owen
Jul 03, 2015 David Owen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Solid Encouragement

Collection of brief encouraging messages originally broadcast on radio, with Macy's stories from the Holocaust. They are made positive and powerful by the fact that the author lived what she taught. If you want encouragement, read it!
Meg
Jun 02, 2016 Meg rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
In the beginning of this book I found some advice for the current situation at work, but the advice has me conflicted. I think I am doing as the advice suggests while still maintaining a communicative effort to improve our work environment and atmosphere while increasing efficiency and productivity, but am I? Could I be seeking to step into a place of judgement against those who are stalling the productivity and darken the workplace atmosphere?
I'm uncertain about my own motives, and want to use
Angel Parrish
Book was a gift!

What a lovely devotional book! I really enjoyed it a lot! No earth-shattering revelations, but plenty of good reminders. And some beautiful thoughts I'd never considered before, like "there must be light in the valley of the shadow of death in order for there to be a shadow, and Jesus is that light." What a great thought!

In all, an excellent daily devotional. They are transcribed radio broadcasts from Germany--never shared in print until this book. Each chapter is just 3-4 pages
Amanda
Apr 15, 2016 Amanda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: spiritual
I read this as a nightly devotion over the last few months. It is simply Corrie ten Boom's radio addresses written down. Every one is inspiring, simple and full of God's love. I want to read everything she's written--she's one of my heroes!
Joann
Aug 16, 2015 Joann rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Blessed by God

For such as this did the Lord spare Corrie Ten Boom's life. She has been reaching the lost & inspiring the saved for most of her life.
Paula Wilkinson
I listened to this book on audible. The reader's accent was very distracting to me, but the material was very good. I would recommend reading it yourself. Had I done that I would likely have a better rating.
Meowzette
Translated chapters were okay

Although I deeply respect Corrie for her enduring faith and her ability to forgive given her story, this book lacked flow. The translated text seemed disjointed at times.
Bekah
Oct 31, 2014 Bekah rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book. Corrie ten Boom has so much wisdom to share and I enjoyed reading of her experiences and learning from her adventures in serving God.

These chapters are very short, so it makes for a nice, short read and I really liked that about it. I could just sit and read a chapter in just a few minutes and glean so much wisdom!

Kathryn
I always enjoy anything I read from Corrie Ten Boom. She really speaks to my heart.
Sandra Eggleston
Sep 11, 2012 Sandra Eggleston rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a really good devotional. It lets you know how important it is to surrender to the father. It also talks about the importance of following the Bible. It is consistent in it's chapters. Most of the devotions stream along the same line. Not a lot of variety. But, still very inspirational.
Celeste
Jan 18, 2012 Celeste rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As a concentration camp survivor, Corrie ten Boom, never gives up her passion for the Lord. She watched her family, and in particular, her sister die in the camps. Corrie still holds onto her beliefs long after many people would feel there is no God. A truly inspiring, thought provoking read.
Christine
Good length devotionals to give you something to think about throughout the day. Although this book is dated, talking about current events and Corrie's experience during World War II, the timeless truths she illuminates from scripture are applicable to Christians today.
Alli
Jan 18, 2014 Alli rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 1/2 stars out of 5.
This is a very uplifting book.
Sheila Koelliker
Very uplifting and full of truth. What Christian strength she had !!! She truly believed.
Cam
May 29, 2016 Cam rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Thought-provoking and spirit challenging!
Christina
Nov 03, 2009 Christina rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Beautiful meditation that are seeds for thought
Connie Merican
Connie Merican rated it liked it
Jul 25, 2016
Brent Taylor
Brent Taylor rated it really liked it
Jul 23, 2016
Je74393
Je74393 marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2016
Melissa Gifford
Melissa Gifford marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2016
Evelyn
Evelyn marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2016
David
David is currently reading it
Jul 17, 2016
Lindsay
Lindsay marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2016
Dani
Dani marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2016
Ashlyn
Ashlyn marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2016
Amanda Weaver
Amanda Weaver marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2016
  • Loving God When You Don't Love the Church: Opening the Door to Healing
  • The Plain Choice: A True Story of Choosing to Live an Amish Life
  • What God Desires
  • NIV Once-A-Day 31 Days of Wisdom
  • Closer: Devotions to Draw Couples Together
  • The Bumps Are What You Climb on: Encouragement for Difficult Days
  • The Pastor's Wife
  • The God Who Sees You: Look to Him When You Feel Discouraged, Forgotten, or Invisible
  • Messenger: The Legacy of Mattie J.T. Stepanek and Heartsongs
  • Center of the Universe: A Look at Life From the Lighter Side
  • The Life of David As Reflected in His Psalms
  • Fresh Faith: What Happens When Real Faith Ignites God's People
  • 50 Days of Heaven: Reflections That Bring Eternity to Light
Corrie ten Boom and her family were Christians who were active in social work in their home town of Haarlem, the Netherlands. During the Nazi occupation, they chose to act out their faith through peaceful resistance to the Nazis by active participation in the Dutch underground. They were hiding, feeding and transporting Jews and underground members hunted by the Gestapo out of the country. It is e ...more
More about Corrie ten Boom...

“You have had to travel a long way to get here, to tell us about the Lord Jesus. Please thank your tribe that they have allowed you to come here.” 0 likes
“And I've never met anybody who said that they were sorry that the Lord Jesus had entered their hearts.” 0 likes