Board Resolution (Knights of the Board Room, #1)

Board Resolution (Knights of the Board Room #1)

3.73 of 5 stars 3.73  ·  rating details  ·  1,932 ratings  ·  181 reviews
Savannah was groomed from birth to take the reins of her father’s manufacturing empire. Her emotional armor is as tough as the steel used in her factories, and nobody is allowed past it. Business partner Matt realizes that the key to entry is to command her submission. Calling on the unique sensual talents of his four-man management team, he engineers an aggressive and ero...more
Published January 20th 2010 by Ellora's Cave

UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine...

Matt and Savannah have worked together for years. She's knows how to flirt, how to use her womanly attributes to catch a man's eye, make him sweat and close multi-million dollar deals. And all the while she's driven Matt crazy. He's tired of waiting and wants her to belong to him, so he sets up a "meeting" and makes his move.

Board Resolution is the first book in Joey W. Hill's Knights of the Boardroom series and it was one sexually intense book! I can safely say this wouldn't be everyone's cupp...more
Jamie~Book Boyfriend Ho♥

Wow.. this was one extremely sexy, sensual, erotic story....

The entire book takes place in one room over the course of one night.. and not a single second of it was wasted. Matt, Peter, Ben,Jon and Lucas all have a point to make to Savannah.. that she needs to come out of her shell. Matt is deeply in love with her and she with him, though she would never admit it..

Matt and the guys own the business across the street from Savannah and her business.. they have lots of dealings with each other on
Kellie is a bookwhoreasaurus
**Caution review contains some spoilers, some swearing, BDSM talk and a reference to Jersey Shore**
3.5 Stars

HOLY SHIT BATMAN! THAT WAS HOT!

After reading WAAAYYY too many emotional reads lately, I just wanted something I could read, get involved in, not have my emotions wreak havoc on me but not really have to care about it at the same time. Board Resolution was exactly that.

Savannah Tennyson has the nickname of Cyborg Savannah as she is closed off to everything. Her Father has made her tha...more
♥~♥Geri is Mrs. Charlie Hunnam ♥~♥
4 Solid Stars

“Say it again,” she said softly. “Say it so my heart will hear it.” He had stilled within her to give her time to adjust, and he pressed his cheek to hers, his breath in her ear. “You’re mine, Savannah. Now and always.”

This is my first read from Joey Hill and my first foray into more hardcore erotica/BDSM. I went in with my eyes and mind wide open, and I'm glad I did because I would have done the genre a great disservice it had been otherwise.

That said, I did have a couple of jawdr...more
Douglas Meeks
Board Resolution (Knights of the Board Room, #1)Board Resolution by Joey W. Hill

My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Well where should I start ….. I finished reading Board Resolution and the wonder that someone could write such a combination of a nebulous teenage wet dream and the fantasies of every inadequate woman hater was overwhelming.

The premise that a woman who was as powerful and masterful in a male dominated world of high finance could be reduced to some trembling and sexually desperate slave was such a stretch for my human mind to begin with that...more
~J~ Riverina Romantics
4.5 Hearts
5 out of 5 for hotness

Holy hot sauce Batman I think I need to change my undies.

WHAT. A. SCORCHER.

I actually thought I knew a fair bit about this book before I started reading....well the main jist of it anyway.... or the part I was most excited about anyway, A career woman gets her groove on with five guys whilst in a boardroom.

And seriously, those few words were enough for me. I mentally raised my hand and screamed ‘Pick me, pick me....oh please for the love of God, PICK ME.’

But I...more
♆ BookAddict ~ La Crimson Femme
I think this is a buyer/reader beware book. Personally, this is straight up my alley. I read a couple of reviews from women who are horrified and feel this is a book of rape and degradation (sic?). Well it certain was a book filled with non consensual acts. Oh boy were they hot and steaming. All I could think about was if there really were that many males focused on me for this scene, I'd probably die from overload. I'm not sure where Ms. Hill comes up with these scenes. She paints the picture s...more
Searock
Thanks for the loaner, Nan!
*g*

4 stars.
I really liked this book.
It was my first Joey Hill and immediately had me excited to moved onto her other books.
I love the writing and the layers she attempts to add to her erotic material.

This book was so close to fabulous...
I felt like I was reading an impressionist painting.
The brushstrokes were beautiful, masterful even.
The overall picture was striking.
The subjects were wonderful (loved the boys at that table)
But when you look closely, it doesn't qui...more
Aly is so frigging bored
Favorite quote:
She was on the step above him, so their positions put them at eye level. His expression had hardened with an emotion she couldn’t read as he studied her face. In a surprising move, he suddenly slid an arm around her back and legs, swung her up in his arms and turned, carrying her down the steps.
“Matt,” she hissed. “What are you doing?”
At the bottom, he let her feet touch the floor, but he held her elbow another moment. “That was to remind you that someday, you might need someone e...more
Dee
Oh boy what a hot read!....I have not very read many of Joey's books but the more I read the more I like!

There are plenty of great reviews out there so I am not gonna re-hash it but I will mention that Lucas's mouth/tongue is to die for and I really wish I had me one of Jon's toys!

I am looking forward to reading the rest of the guy's stories.
Kim B
2.5 Stars

Ugh! I read this because so many of my GR friends love this series. I was warned that this was not the best in the series, but I was still really disappointed.

My problem? Next to nothing in this story is believable. A 35 year old virgin? Who's first time is with 5 men? Orcastrated by one who claims to be in love with her? And its a full on BDSM scene? Sorry, not buying it.

The only redeeming quality was the flashbacks. They made sense and gave me hope that there was a real loving bond be...more
Danija
The first time I read this book last year, I didn't like it very much. I don't know why, it just didn't sit well with me. Now, since I've decided to finally continue with this series, I wanted to meet the knights again, and give this particular knight another chance.

After reading Board Resolution the second time, all I can say is that my previous thoughts about it were only due to bad timing, because this time I really, really liked it.
“You want me with a hunger so bad you’ll tear my flesh o
Lady Heather

WOW!!!

Matt and Savannah have been working together for years. There's always been an attraction and underlying sexual tension between them.

Savannah has been raised by a domineering father, who never showed any emotions because he taught Savannah that it was a form of weakness.
She never felt loved by her father. She only lived by his "rules", and he dictated everything in her life to prepare and mold her to inevitably take-over his company.

Matt is a Corporate CEO who really "sees" Savannah. He d...more
Cynthia (aka Artemis)
Nov 13, 2012 Cynthia (aka Artemis) rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Anyone wanting to experience a well-written erotic BDSM romance.

BOARD RESOLUTION jumps straight from the frying pan into the fire. Once I started reading, there was no stopping. Fabulous! The five men that make up the management team of Kensington & Associates have a professional history with Savannah. I liked that Ms. Hill began each of Savannah's scenes with the minor players (four in all) with a bit of back story. Each of them have their own "specialties", and you'll never look at pearls the same way again. I don't necessarily consider this a BDSM nov...more
Becs - Sinfully Sexy Book Reviews
Well, this was a verrrry steamy story. Savannah has been raised by her widowed father almost without emotion to take over his company. Matt has been watching her for years, knows she is his, realises she is submissive but knows that she is closed up behind a steel wall. He decides a boardroom intervention of an erotic nature is the only way to break through her defences and bring her to him.

He calls a Friday evening meeting and what follows is of fairly dubious consent when he restrains her and...more
Sheryl
Apr 18, 2012 Sheryl rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommended to Sheryl by: Glamdring
Alright, I'm going to swear here, so if you don't want to read it, my advice is to move on.........................................

Well f**k me five ways till Sunday, that SURE was interesting! I must admit, not my usual cup of tea BUT I'm going to continue reading the rest of this series, just to see if I develop a favorite Knight of the Boardroom :) I may NEVER be able to look at a boardroom the same way again....
Cyn Mistress Kitty
OH MY GOD This goes down as one of the best, hottest stories I have ever read. Mercy, I had to stop every few pages to take a cold shower. All I can say is I would kill to have 5 sexy men work together to give me pleasure. The ending was a little cheesy but I didn't care and liked it. I can't wait to read the stories of the other hot knights of the boardroom.
Michael Dunellen
This review was sponsored by Behind the Chintz Curtain. You can read it below but the formatting over there is much nicer. :)

What do you call a tale where a woman shows up for a business meeting only to be assaulted, manhandled, stripped naked, rendered immobile by being bound to a specially designed piece of furniture, blindfolded, gagged and forced to submit to her captor and, possibly, his stalwart management team?

Aw, you guessed it – it’s a love story.

Geoffrey Tennyson wasn’t one of those me...more
~ Irene ♥s ~ Søren~Ben O'Callahan~Joe Callahan~Javier~Spin~Deacon~Isaac ~
I was told to read these in order, even though pretty much every book in the series can be read as a stand-alone, so I did just that.

Maybe I was just rushing to get through this to get the last book (Ben's story) because that's how I found out about the series to begin with. So after having read all five, I can honestly say that this is my least favorite of the series. Matt is super hot but this story just didn't do it for me. I felt like I was bored for the most part of the book.

Not a big fan...more
Mandi Schreiner
I'm not sure what to think of this book. The first 10% was awesome. Super dominant business man and his main competitor is the heroine. He sets up a meeting and then makes it known he wants her. Their initial verbal exchange is pretty cool.

But then...it just got too crazy for me. Heroine is a 35 year old virgin and ends up hanging in some type of sexual harness that comes out of the board room's ceiling. And then hero invites his 4 team members in and they get a 1% extra share of his company for...more
PJ
Matthew Kensington and Savannah Tennyson, both CEOs and longtime corporate sparring partners, have faced each other across the boardroom table countless times, each time the room boiling over with their sexual tension. Now, Matt has decided the time has come to claim her as his, and he knows he's in for a fight. She's a no-bullshitter, bitter and ballsy, and he believes she's barely holding on--trapped in a role cultivated from early childhood by her cold, unfeeling, CEO father. Indeed, there we...more
Jill
hmm I liked this book but have to admit, the way it was written I sometimes had trouble imangining or visualizing the scenes. I don't usually have this problem and I don't know what it was about this one that made it difficult.
Other than that it was a steamy read, with a little dubious consent and d/s and bdsm thrown in.
Optimist ♰King's Wench♰
This short has a surprising amount of character development but still left me wanting to know more about the other guys so on that front it's a great start to a series. Savannah is an independent, driven & lonely woman. It was ingrained in her by her father to be self-reliant & never fully trust another, never let her guard down. Given the fact that she's 35 she's fortified those defenses into a fortress which makes her intimidating to face in a board room. She's known Matt Kensington &...more
Duchess Crystal
*** 4 Stars ***

Hold on to your knickers (or not) ladies!! This is one CALIENTE read!!

**Warning**

This book contains hot, steamy, sexual foreplay that is some what non-consensual. The sex is (view spoiler).

Savannah Tennyson is closed off to everything because her father has made her that way. Her father gave her a set of rules to apply to all aspects of her life and which is why her co-workers gave her the nickname of Cyborg Savannah. After her father's death...more
Jen
OK...again this is another series that I would probably NOT recommend for most of my friends on GR.
I felt strongly about posting just one thought about this particular book - the first in this series - because a lot of the reviews on GR felt that the storyline was borderline non-consentual/rape and I just didn't feel that way. This storyline is VERY sexual and NOT in a vanilla sex kind of way, so it is pretty intense, but I truly felt (like in most of the D/s books) that Matt had to break past h...more
Book Utopia
Few write erotic romance like Joey Hill. Technically, it probably counts as a menage, but Matt uses his four-man team like sexual toys in pleasing Savannah, and there is never any contact between the men. All the focus is on getting Savannah off, and for Matt to show her how sexy she really is, and there is an eventual h/h HEA. Word of warning, though. The initial scene where Matt tells Savannah what is going to happen has tones of noncon in it, though Savannah's thoughts (it's her POV) make it...more
Mariana

It's when you meet Matt

description

This was sweet and hot as hell!

I already see this is going to be one of my favorite series. I read Ben's book first and I'm enjoying every moment of the other knight's stories!

❃ Brandy ❃
Wow! This book took some getting used to.... I love romantic erotica, but I was definitely not expecting the events that happened in this book. I keep saying this, but I wish there were half stars because I would have given this book a 4.5. The only reason I didn't give it a 5 is because I had a hard time buying into a man who is as in love with a female as much as Matt claimed to be & he let other men touch her. Men are naturally territorial & I always have a hard time buying into this...more
Vedrana
Yep, these are my masters now.

Love them and hopefully there will be more humor and few more suprises along the way.... excuse me, I am going to the next one... yes, Master :D
lol
CaroleDee
Board Resolution is pure, unadulterated sexual fantasy. I can absolutely see this novella appealing to a career minded woman with a kinky side. While things do get a tad over the top at times (multiple partners, forced seduction, spanking, toys, bondage) I highly enjoyed it's erotic nature. For times when you're in the mood for something short, naughty, and ultimately sweet this one will do quite nicely ;)
  • Unlaced (Knights of the Board Room, #2)
  • Loving Control (Club Rio Brava, #1)
  • Carrie's Answer (Worthington Group, #1)
  • In the Zone
  • Molly's Lips: Club Mephisto Retold (Club Mephisto, #1.5)
  • Safeword Rainbow (Safeword, #1)
  • Bind and Keep Me (Pierced Hearts, #2)
  • My Wicked Valentine (Club Wicked, #1)
  • Master of the Abyss (Mountain Masters & Dark Haven, #2)
  • Unfair Advantage (Diablo Blanco Club, #1)
  • Play With Me (Pleasure Playground)
  • Make Me Shiver (Just Make Me, #1)
  • FrankenDom
  • Under By Duress
  • Slave To Love
I’ve always had an aversion to reading, watching or hearing interviews of favorite actors, authors, musicians, etc. because so often the real person doesn’t measure up to the beauty of the art they produce. Their politics or religion are distasteful, or they’re shallow and self-absorbed, a vacuous mop-head without a lick of sense. From then on, though I may appreciate their craft or art, it has so...more
More about Joey W. Hill...
The Vampire Queen's Servant (Vampire Queen, #1) Natural Law (Nature of Desire, #2) Rough Canvas (Nature of Desire, #6) The Mark of the Vampire Queen (Vampire Queen, #2) Ice Queen (Nature of Desire, #3)