Start by marking “Surf For Your Life: Mick Fanning” as Want to Read:
Surf For Your Life: Mick Fanning

Surf For Your Life: Mick Fanning

World champion surfer Mick Fanning may only be twenty-eight, but he's already experienced more than most of us ever will. How does it feel to lose a brother? Win a world title? Rip your hamstring muscle clean off the bone? Weave through a zippering Superbank barrel for twenty to thirty seconds or paddle over the ledge at places like Pipeline and Teahupo'o? Walk into the ba ...more
Published 2009 by Ebury Press

To ask other readers questions about Surf For Your Life, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Surf For Your Life

Tyler
May 17, 2012 Tyler rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
THIS BOOK IS A SHORT BIOGHRAPHY ABOUT MICK AND HIS BROTHERS LIFE, FILLED WITH PICTURES AND INSPIRING STORIES, THIS BOOK IS GREAT FOR NOT JUST A SURFER BUT A INSPIRED SPORTMAN WHOS WILLING TO PUT IN THE HARD WORK.
Deborah Ideiosepius  omnivorous reader
I finished this book quite a few days ago, I have been sitting on the memory, rolling the aftertaste around in my mouth, trying to put a review together in my head...

I am not a surfer, absolutely love watching them but I can't do it myself. When I took a lesson I found that my complete inability to so much as body surf was less of a problem than my inability to control a surfboard twice my height. I nearly smashed my brains out with it an no one else in the water was safe either.

The point I am m
Jess
Feb 07, 2015 Jess rated it it was amazing
A wonderful book written by a great Australian surfer. I've always heard the name Mick Fanning and now after reading his book I'd love to get into supporting the surfing scene. This book gives you a feeling of warmth, friendship, loss and love. The book went above and beyond my expectations and now I'm excited to read more books about surfers. Fanning really opens up in this book and the love he has for friends, family, surfing and the world is truly amazing and inspirational
Susan Fritz
Feb 02, 2016 Susan Fritz rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
More like 3.5, but bumped it up b/c it made me want to surf while I was in Australia! For those non-surfers out there, this was a good intro on how you can fall in love with surfing. This is also the dude that got bit by the shark this past year while in competition.
Puffy
Apr 14, 2013 Puffy rated it really liked it
A very good book. Inspirational and funny at times. I feel like I'm friend with Mick fanning now. A must read for surfers
Michelle Drielsma
Sep 27, 2016 Michelle Drielsma rated it it was amazing
Mick is a surfing legend and inspiration.. the challenges he has faced is immense. Totally worth the read.
Adib
Jan 13, 2013 Adib rated it really liked it
Really enjoyable read. There is more to this prosurfer than meets the eye. A great outlook in life with some inspiring tales.
Fran Search
Fran Search rated it it was amazing
Jan 10, 2014
Annie
Annie rated it liked it
Nov 22, 2016
Ross Clarke
Ross Clarke rated it really liked it
Sep 10, 2013
Shannon Penrose
Shannon Penrose rated it it was amazing
Jan 25, 2015
Shona Pinkerton
Shona Pinkerton rated it it was amazing
Nov 17, 2016
Andrew
Andrew rated it really liked it
Apr 27, 2012
Kelly
Kelly rated it liked it
Mar 14, 2017
Josh
Josh rated it liked it
Feb 19, 2013
Pedro
Pedro rated it it was amazing
Dec 08, 2016
Cinar Kunduz
Cinar Kunduz rated it it was amazing
Nov 11, 2015
Kerry Coltman
Kerry Coltman rated it really liked it
Nov 23, 2014
Katy
Katy rated it it was amazing
May 01, 2015
Eddie Cranswick
Eddie Cranswick rated it really liked it
Mar 16, 2015
Jean Sajer
Jean Sajer rated it did not like it
Aug 28, 2016
Matt Konig
Matt Konig rated it really liked it
Jan 12, 2015
Tahlia
Tahlia rated it it was amazing
May 14, 2013
Mike
Mike rated it really liked it
Oct 31, 2014
Todd
Todd rated it it was amazing
Dec 16, 2016
8BCharlieM
8BCharlieM rated it liked it
May 21, 2015
Jules
Jules rated it really liked it
Jul 13, 2011
Monique.douglas
Monique.douglas rated it it was amazing
Mar 01, 2016
Blaine Hart
Blaine Hart rated it it was amazing
Feb 08, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Pipe Dreams: A Surfer's Journey
  • All for a Few Perfect Waves: The Audacious Life and Legend of Rebel Surfer Miki Dora
  • See Naples and Die
  • Elizabeth Cady Stanton and Susan B. Anthony
  • One Fourteenth Of An Elephant
  • Andy Warhol : Prince of Pop
  • The Brave Escape of Edith Wharton
  • The Unlikely Voyage of Jack de Crow: A Mirror Odyssey from North Wales to the Black Sea
  • The Octopus and the Orangutan: New Tales of Animal Intrigue, Intelligence, and Ingenuity
  • The Extreme Life of the Sea
  • Hannah: My True Story of Drugs, Cutting, and Mental Illness
  • Saltwater Buddha: A Surfer's Quest to Find Zen on the Sea
  • 101 Things You Thought You Knew About the Titanic . . . but Didn't!
  • The Greatest: Muhammad Ali
  • Borrowed Names: Poems About Laura Ingalls Wilder, Madam C.J. Walker, Marie Curie, and Their Daughters
  • 21: The Story of Roberto Clemente
  • Janis Joplin: Rise Up Singing
  • Lost Boy, Lost Girl: Escaping Civil War in Sudan
Tim^^^Baker

Tim Baker has contributed to GQ, Playboy, and Rolling Stone, is the author of Go Surf, and is the coauthor of Bustin' Down the Door, Occy, and Surf for Your Life.
More about Tim Baker...