Start by marking “The Complete Idiot's Guide to Beekeeping” as Want to Read:
The Complete Idiot's Guide to Beekeeping

The Complete Idiot's Guide to Beekeeping (The Complete Idiot's Guides)

3.89 of 5 stars 3.89  ·  rating details  ·  57 ratings  ·  8 reviews
The buzz on beekeeping.

The Complete Idiot's Guide(r) to Beekeeping has all the information a beginning beekeeper needs to know to start a hive and keep it buzzing. Expert beekeepers Dean Stiglitz and Laurie Herboldsheimer, owners of Golden Rule Honey, take readers step by step through the entire process-from information on the inhabitants of a hive and how it works to co
Published May 4th 2010 by Alpha (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The Complete Idiot's Guide to Beekeeping, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Complete Idiot's Guide to Beekeeping

Doug Orleans
My musician friends Dean and Ramona (aka Laurie) got into beekeeping a few years ago. Then they got REALLY into beekeeping, starting a business selling their honey and honey products (Golden Rule Honey, at http://beeuntoothers.com/). Then they got approached to write a book about beekeeping... not just any book, but the Complete Idiot's Guide! Very exciting, and they did a great job.

It's not just an instruction manual: they have a not-so-hidden agenda, which is to promote treatment-free beekeepi
Amber
This book is amazing! After reading it I feel totally confident in taking care of my bees. I read through the section about lighting the smoker and installing package bees right before I did mine and everything went totally smoothly. Especially helpful: the tip not to drop the queen cage into the swirling mass of bees. Hahahahaha.

The way the book is broken down makes everything easy to find. You don't have to read through giant paragraph blocks of text to get to the heart of what the authors ar
Mark
I've thought about beekeeping for a few years and when I found an old, 1920's honey extractor for sale I bought it. Without bees, of course, it is not much use. I know nothing about beekeeping. Stiglitz's book is a great book for people like me. The book is not just about honey extraction. In fact, most of the book is not about the product of honey, but about the animal itself: the bee.

This book offers the "complete idiot" solid information about natural beekeeping. Based on the premise that bee
Julie
A good source of reference for treatment-free beekeeping on any level. I would prefer to have more sources given for further information as there were only about 5-8 supply companies and none other sources listed.
Andy
It was the first beekeeping book I read. Good simple over view, well set up, intro to vocabulary specific to beekeeping. Easy reading.
A very interesting and informative book. It makes me want to try beekeeping myself!
Morvite Bilyick
the book is a complete beekeeping course guide, AMAZING!
Helene
Jun 11, 2011 Helene added it
It's the bees kneessssssss!
Daniel Crisan
Daniel Crisan is currently reading it
Apr 22, 2015
Chris
Chris marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2015
Aleksandra Taranov
Aleksandra Taranov marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2015
Laurie Pfister
Laurie Pfister marked it as to-read
Mar 20, 2015
Marianne
Marianne is currently reading it
Feb 19, 2015
Claire
Claire marked it as to-read
Feb 17, 2015
Anne
Anne marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2015
January
January marked it as to-read
Jan 30, 2015
Aaron Lozano
Aaron Lozano marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2015
Memin
Memin marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

The Complete Idiot's Guides (1 - 10 of 207 books)
  • The Complete Idiot's Guide to 2012
  • The Complete Idiot's Guide to American History
  • The Complete Idiot's Guide to American Literature
  • The Complete Idiot's Guide to Ancient Greece
  • The Complete Idiot's Guide to Assertiveness
  • The Complete Idiot's Guide to Astronomy (Complete Idiot's Guide to)
The Complete Idiot's Guide to Beekeeping