Start by marking “How to Remodel a Man” as Want to Read:
How to Remodel a Man

How to Remodel a Man

3.93  ·  Rating Details  ·  136 Ratings  ·  24 Reviews
How to Remodel a Man offers concrete, step by step instructions for actually changing the character and behavior of men. Keen insight into the male of the species by one of its own, will for the first time shed light on such mysterious subjects as "Why can't men open a refrigerator and see the mayonnaise?"

With clear, step-by-step instructions for actually altering the char

Published September 29th 2005 by St. Martin's Press (first published August 4th 2004)

To ask other readers questions about How to Remodel a Man, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about How to Remodel a Man

Spencer
Jul 09, 2014 Spencer rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I was hoping this was going to be a self-help guide to personal improvement. Fail. (kidding. I don't judge books by their covers, but I do read book covers before I decide to commit to reading a book I don't know anything about). Reading the cover, I realized it was supposed to be funny. FAIL. Cameron apparently also wrote the "8 Simple Rules for Dating My Teenage Daughter." I hadn't read that, but had seen a couple episodes of the TV series, and thought "if they made a TV series out of it, it h ...more
Msor
May 28, 2009 Msor rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Okay, so I fully admit that my first thought when I saw this book on the libaray shelf was, "Finally! A book written by a man, about how to change a man...this is great!!! I hope it can teach me how to teach my husband how to get his clothes INTO the laundry basket instead of BESIDE the basket!!!" In other words, I didn't realize the book was, essentially, humorous fiction. So although my initial hopes for the usefulness of this book were dashed upon reading it, I still really liked the book. It ...more
Milka
Jul 29, 2013 Milka rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the funniest book I've read in a long time! As in, laugh out loud funny. This is probably not the best book to read in a public place, where strangers stare at you every time you laugh, wondering what the heck is wrong with you. I enjoyed every remodeling tip, from how to get your man to help with housework without giving him a chance to sabotage it, to how to get a man to listen. Cameron managed to gather the many things women complain about in men and how to fix the situation (insert M ...more
Robin
Dec 07, 2015 Robin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
laugh out loud funny
Viktoriya
May 09, 2010 Viktoriya rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: funny, 2010
This book is hilarious!!! I absolutely loved the author's sense of humor, his perspective, and his sarcasm. This is the type of book that needs to be read with a pen and a notebook, because there are so many simply priceless quotes that I would want to have handy.
Two highlights of the book: the conversation between intestine and brain about farting problems in church and the manual on how to change toilet paper. :)
Bridget
still in the process of reading... but you gotta love a book that makes you laugh out loud! told from the point of view from a (self-proclaimed) "remodeled" man, the author gives insight & advice to the inner thoughts of a man. witty, sarcastic and down-right funny!
Brendabacha
Sep 21, 2011 Brendabacha rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book I took to my girlfriend's house book to read to her while the husbands caught up.
No woman could get away with writing this. But since a man wrote it, it is just fine to make fun of the irritating male behaviors. Once again, laugh out loud funny.
Caroline
Nov 25, 2007 Caroline rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: brainy
Hilarious book that nails every male stereotype and plays havoc with them in a a funny way. It also teaches women that there are some things you can't mess around with a man.. but some tips to help. Yes, my boyfriend knows I"m reading this. It's so funny!
Janelle
Aug 31, 2007 Janelle rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: humor
This book is absolutely hilarious. I read parts of it out loud to my husband, and he thought that the author's insights on the male species were right on. If you need a good laugh and some relational food for thought, this is the place to start.
Mark Mallett
Dec 03, 2011 Mark Mallett rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nonfiction, humor
A little uneven at times, but frequently laugh-out-loud and with an embedded story to boot. Recommended for a quick read (even though it took me a long time, that has nothing to do with the book).
Jessica
May 27, 2009 Jessica rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very funny book :) I highly recommend this one. It's a little more of a straight comedy book than an actual guide that might help, but I think a lot of the stuff he says will be helpful :)
Rita
Oct 12, 2012 Rita rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It is a fun book. Some of the exampled dialogues are a bit over the top.
Hubster called this man a traitor. I'm pretty sure it's because many of these "quirks" applied to him, too.
Dot
Jan 17, 2009 Dot rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A male (!) friend gave me this book to read. And I loved it. Laughed and laughed as I read it. A light read but fun ; very tongue in cheek.
Andrea
Dec 06, 2013 Andrea rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Funny from start to finish. An entertaining read on how you really won't be able to change a man, but if you wanted to try, this would be the book.
Kim
Dec 30, 2008 Kim rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This made me laugh out loud almost as much as Bill Bryson does. A great book for married women.
Missy
Oct 16, 2008 Missy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
FUNNY! You have to read this book as it was intended... tongue and cheek.. but oh gosh, SO FUNNY!
Molly Broxterman
It was very funny. I laughed so hard sometimes I cried. Would guys like it as much? I don't know.
Kris Kennett
Somehow coming from a man, this book doesn't work. Corny and predictable.
Jami
Jul 05, 2012 Jami rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comedy
It was a good comedic book - I laughed out loud in a few places.
Sinéad
Jun 22, 2012 Sinéad rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition

Give it 2/5 cos my little bro bought it for me...aw
Jill
Jul 24, 2012 Jill rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I couldn't finish it. It was funny, but not grabbing.
Maureen
Funny book that I'm sure many women can relate to.
Rhonda
Aug 08, 2009 Rhonda rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
more of a skimmer..just couldn't get into it
Sheila
May 19, 2011 Sheila rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hilarious!
Randy Abstruss
Randy Abstruss rated it it was amazing
David Guignol
David Guignol rated it it was amazing
Jill Swenson
Jill Swenson rated it it was amazing
Aimee Shaffer
Aimee Shaffer marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2016
Karen Dreiling
Karen Dreiling rated it it was amazing
Mar 24, 2016
  • Zagazoo
  • The Proper Wife (Knotty Pines, #2)
  • Almonds and Raisins
  • Becoming Your Own Therapist
  • How the Swans Came to the Lake
  • When Life Hurts: Finding Hope and Healing from the Pain You Carry
  • The Lost One: A Life of Peter Lorre
I’ve always loved dogs, which puts me in a unique category along with what, maybe two or three billion people?

What’s not to love about an animal who will sit in your living room all day long, waiting for you to get home, and even if you need to work late and then stop for a stress-relieving beverage on your way home, when you unlock that front door, is absolutely overjoyed to see you? How could yo
More about W. Bruce Cameron...