Start by marking “Elves, Fairies & Gnomes” as Want to Read:
Elves, Fairies & Gnomes

Elves, Fairies & Gnomes

liked it 3.0  ·  Rating Details ·  2 Ratings  ·  2 Reviews
Published February 12th 1980 by Knopf Books for Young Readers (first published February 1980)

To ask other readers questions about Elves, Fairies & Gnomes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Elves, Fairies & Gnomes

Siskiyou-Suzy
Jul 31, 2016 Siskiyou-Suzy rated it really liked it
This little book (the copy I found has library binding) is a compilation of fairy-themed poems. One of Rosekrans Hoffman’s books was once nominated for a Caldecott, but it doesn’t look like she ever found much success. I do like her illustrations though – they remind me of Shmendrick from The Last Unicorn, all big-nosed and awkward.

I would have loved this book as a child. Many of the poems are truly enchanting, while others just confuse me. The illustrations are nice to look at, even if I feel i
Kris
Aug 14, 2016 Kris rated it it was ok
Shelves: childrens, fantasy
My children really liked the poetry in this book. It's fun to read, however, the illustrations are very lacking. All the illustrations are black and white hand drawn, the illustrated baby at the front of the book, as well as, the back looks really strange. Overall I was happy about the poetry, but nothing about this book really stood out as more than ok.
Shawna
Shawna marked it as to-read
Dec 02, 2010
Keir Bridges
Keir Bridges marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2016