Start by marking “Midnight Sons Volume 3” as Want to Read:
Midnight Sons Volume 3

Midnight Sons Volume 3 (Midnight Sons #5-7)

4.11  ·  Rating Details  ·  986 Ratings  ·  49 Reviews
"Falling for Him"

Christian, the youngest O'Halloran brother, has a problem, and her name is Mariah Douglas. The Midnight Sons secretary is always losing his messages, misplacing his files and generally creating chaos. Despite that, he can't get her out of his mind....

"Ending in Marriage"

The clashes between pilot Duke Porter and Seattle attorney Tracy Santiago are legendary
Published February 1st 2010 by Mira Books (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Midnight Sons Volume 3, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Midnight Sons Volume 3

Lara
Jun 26, 2014 Lara rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2014
The stories are enjoyable, as with all Macomber books. This time one of Midnight Sons - the original people for whom the women were "imported" - actually gets a chance at love.

What I'm discovering is that Macomber has the male characters realise what they've done wrong, but then fails to have them verbalize to the women. Somehow the women just know what the reader is privileged to know. Slightly sloppy writing, but I keep reading Macomber because they're fast reads and help me keep on target to
Drebbles
Aug 02, 2013 Drebbles rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2010
Set in Alaska, "Midnight Son's, Volume 3" (the last collection of the Midnight Son's books by Debbie Macomber) consists of two books: "Falling For Him" (first published in 1996) and "Ending in Marriage" (also first published in 1996) as well as a short novella, "Midnight Sons and Daughters" (first published in 2000).

"Falling For Him"

Christian O'Halloran has clashed with Mariah Douglas ever since she started working as a secretary for Midnight Sons. She always messes things up when he's around an
 Gigi Ann
Apr 24, 2013 Gigi Ann rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lonely men in Hard Luck, Alaska,
Looking for Women.
Our town might be cold,
But our hearts are warm!

Location: north of the Arctic Circle. Population: 150 (mostly men!)
But the three O'Halloran brothers, who run a bush-plane charter service called Midnight Sons, are heading a campaign to bring women to town....

"Falling for Him"

Tiffany
Compilation of two stories the first is Falling for Him. Since Christian helped bring women to Hard Luck Alaska he thought he could pick out his perfect secretary for Midnight Sons. He picked gorgeous Allison who stayed in Hard Luck for only a day. He then hired Mariah and since that time he has tried everything who could to have her quit, leave, or to fire her. To no avail. Mariah who is in love with Christian has not idea what to do with Christian. I have read that hate and love are similair t ...more
Annalisa
Mar 15, 2011 Annalisa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a good conclusion to the series. I especially enjoyed the Midnight Sons and Daughters that brought us full circle back to the children from the very first book.

Amazon Product Description:
Location: north of the Arctic Circle. Population: 150 (mostly men!) But the three O’Halloran brothers, who run a bush-plane charter service called Midnight Sons, are heading a campaign to bring women to town Falling for Him: Christian, the youngest O’Halloran brother, has a problem, and her name is Mari
Ria F
Apr 17, 2014 Ria F rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Giving this 2 stars may be a bit harsh - but this series has me totally disappointed. I mean I know ultimately this is a formula plot genre - but 5 separate stories all exactly the same?

1. Boy swears he isn't cut out for marriage
2. Girl falls for boy but doesn't let him know.
3. Boy falls for girl but doesn't realize it
4. Boy drives girl away
5. Girl decides to cut her losses and will leave but is pining for boy anyway\
6. Boy about to lose girl- panics - proposes - quicky wedding - 3 out of 5 get
Jeanne
Jan 03, 2014 Jeanne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book very much. "Falling for Him" was about Midnight Son's Charter Plane Service co-owner, Christian O'Halloran and their secretary, Mariah Douglas. They seemed like oil and water but they couldn't stand being away from each other. "Ending in Marriage" was about pilot Duke Porter and attorney Tracy Santiago. They fought like cats and dogs. They were both very opinionated and seemed to be opposites. But when they examined their feelings, they were in love with each other. Midnight ...more
Kim Hampton
Aug 19, 2014 Kim Hampton rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The last installment of the Midnight Sons series by Debbie Macomber contains two full books, plus a shorter story. In "Falling for Him" Christian, the youngest O'Halloran brother, tries his hardest to get the Midnight Sons' secretary, Mariah Douglas, fired for incompetence. Problem is, she's only incompetent around HIM! What would he actually do if she decided to go? In "Ending in Marriage" Duke Porter, one of Midnight Sons' pilots, has a lot of fun butting heads with Tracy Santiago, a high-powe ...more
Julie Barrett
Midnight Sons Volume 3: Falling for Him / Ending in Marriage / Midnight Sons and Daughters
Continuing family saga of Hard Luck, Alaska where 3 brothers have started up a bush pilot service for the residents.
The town is small and they also have jobs for women who want to move there to live and work.
The brothers watch as each one finds their one true love they will marry and start a family with.
Love the wilderness and hearing of it on the trips. Light romance.
Especially like the 3rd book in this
Nicki
Jan 23, 2016 Nicki rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It has been awhile since I visited Hard Luck, Alaska. So I sat down for a visit. As always it was a fun time to read 3 more stories of life in Alaska. Debbie Macomber is great at writing. I just love the stories she creates. They are super. I don't think I could live in that climate but I do enjoy visiting.
Cherie Kasper
Jul 11, 2014 Cherie Kasper rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction-general
This volume included three separate stories. I loved how the last one was about some of the children after they had grown up. Again, all of the characters were tied together to all of the first women who came to Hard Luck, Alaska.
Bernette Beals
Apr 27, 2015 Bernette Beals rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Midnight Sons Volume 3 review

The third volume of Midnight Sons is as wonderful as the other stories before it. I hate to see the end of the series about Hard Luck, Alaska and it's residents.
Shelley Vanbrunt
Oct 11, 2015 Shelley Vanbrunt rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
this was a great series on how clues less men can be. I loved that she included a follow up store on Scott, Chrissie and Susan.
Sandy
Jul 25, 2014 Sandy rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Terrible. Ivecread many Debbie M. Books but this one was terrible. Little plot. Poor character development.
Sarah Eisele
Dec 26, 2014 Sarah Eisele rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I must admit, I love the Alaska stories, on the whole. They make me smile.
Marie Buccellato
Sad to see this series end - I loved all these characters
Kristen Kramer
Jan 07, 2016 Kristen Kramer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm a sucker for books set in Alaska. I enjoyed the whole series.
Evelyn Wilson
Apr 28, 2014 Evelyn Wilson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Three books, so good !!!
Nov 02, 2012 Sarah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobooks
this is my least favorite of the series. the first two stories are almost identical, i actually FF through part of the book (second one), it was a bit annoying. I liked the tie in and closure we got from midnight sons and daughters, but the relationship happened too fast and i didn't feel that the characters lives were believable, based on what you knew about them as kids.

If you were invested in the series, this is a must read- but do read these books in order or you lose out on the character de
Susan
Feb 17, 2012 Susan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
I enjoy these stories even though they are predictable. I would like to see more of a resolution in the relationships however, they seem to spend 90% of the book hating each other and then all of the sudden they decide, let's get married. Even though we know they love each other, they don't show us. They could use to talk more when they figure it out so we feel more resolution. We get all of the major characters resolution in this compilation of stories.

Good Clean Romance.
Linda
Mar 22, 2014 Linda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Before a trip to Alaska I read this series of books by Debbie Macomber to get in the spirit of the country. I liked her easy writing style. Good light reading.
Maureen Mullis
Apr 24, 2012 Maureen Mullis rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a nice conclusion to a fun series. I love the weaving of the various characters throughout the six books and seeing the changes in the town as the plotline progressed. I also enjoyed the short story at the end of this book where the story jumps ahead about 15 years to find out about the children and where all the relationships have ended up. Macomber is an excellent story teller, and Midnight Sons is a warm-hearted, enjoyable series.
Diane
Jan 06, 2016 Diane rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyable conclusion to the Midnight Sons series.
Jodi A.
Aug 19, 2013 Jodi A. rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Debbie Macomber is always a guaranteed winner for something to read. Her characters always feel like someone you want to sit down with and spend hours chatting over coffee. Loved that the publisher decided to re-release this series. I'd read only one of the books of the series, so it was nice to be able to get everyone's story, all in one shot.
Mary Ann
A good set of clean romances. Set with an idealistic style the reader is guaranteed with a happy ending and snippets of previous events from other stories. Set in Alaska, for the most part, this stays away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life in the big city.
Michelle
It was kind of the same old same old as with the other 2 in the series Don't get me wrong I love her writing but sometimes I just get a little bored because it is predictable
Barbi
May 30, 2013 Barbi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a wonderful end to this series! Each story was wonderful and heart-warming. I loved how each story continued to tell the story of other townsfolk.
Stephanie
Aug 31, 2013 Stephanie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Marriage is more than romance--it's a partnership. It's working together, sharing each others' joys and sorrows. It's building dreams.
Gail Jorgensen
Mar 28, 2010 Gail Jorgensen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyed yet another Debbie Macomber book this one takes place in Alaska it was three short stories.
Canda
Jul 29, 2012 Canda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Of the three stories in this volume, the last one was definitely my favorite!
  • Santa In Montana (Calder Saga #11)
  • Honeysuckle Summer (The Sweet Magnolias #7)
  • The Apartment (Harlequin Romance Manga)
  • His Holiday Heart (The McKaslin Clan: Series 3, #8)
  • The Christmas Cookie Chronicles: Christine
  • Holiday Magic
  • Wild Men of Alaska (Wild Men of Alaska #1-4)
  • Stories for Christmas: Free heart-warming festive tasters from three bestselling authors
  • Sweet Rains: Second Nature / Lessons Learned
  • High-Stakes Holiday Reunion (The Security Experts, #3)
  • Midnight Kiss (Virgin River, #10.5)
  • Lakeshore Christmas (Lakeshore Chronicles, #6)
  • The McKettrick Legend (McKettricks, #5 & 9)
Debbie Macomber is a #1 New York Times bestselling author and one of today’s most popular writers with more than 200 million copies of her books in print worldwide. In her novels, Macomber brings to life compelling relationships that embrace family and enduring friendships, uplifting her readers with stories of connection and hope. Macomber’s novels have spent over 770 weeks on the New York Times ...more
More about Debbie Macomber...

Midnight Sons (6 books)
  • Brides for Brothers (Midnight Sons, #1)
  • The Marriage Risk (Midnight Sons, #2)
  • Daddy's Little Helper (Midnight Sons, #3; Harlequin Romance, #3387)
  • Because of the Baby (Midnight Sons, #4; Harlequin Romance, #3395)
  • Falling for Him (Midnight Sons, #5)
  • Ending In Marriage (Midnight Sons Series, #6)