Start by marking “Life is Tremendous” as Want to Read:
Life is Tremendous

Life is Tremendous

4.19 of 5 stars 4.19  ·  rating details  ·  227 ratings  ·  25 reviews
Believing that enthusiasm makes the difference, Charlie shows how anyone can be happy, involved, relevant, and secure in the midst of a high-pressure, commercialized, automated society.
Mass Market, 107 pages
Published March 1st 1982 by Tyndale House Publishers (first published 1968)

To ask other readers questions about Life is Tremendous, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Life is Tremendous

Iitimothy47
1. Learning to live: Enjoyed the dry humor:

[Did you hear about the two fellows in jail? Tom said to Joe, "Where are you going?" "To the electic chair," Joe replied. "More power to ya..."]

2. Seven laws of leadership: This is the biggest section of the book, full of practical insights; however, I didn't enjoy reading through this section.

3. Three decisions in life: Enjoyed how much the auther interjected his faith, lacing it into his message.

4. Leaders are readers: Enjoyed. This is the shortest p
Karl
“Life is Tremendous” is one of those books that has had a great deal of acclaim - on the cover of my version, from 1968, it says that over 600,000 copies had been sold (and another million people have purchased it since then) - and after having read this book, I don’t consider myself a raving fan. This is not to say that I found nothing of value in the book, it’s just that I wasn’t “wow-ed” by it and it didn’t say anything “tremendous” to me.

On the 107 pages within, the author, Charlie “Tremendo
Nicholas
Jenna
Since my mom has been diagnosed with cancer, she's been reading for those optimist, meaning-of-life-type books. Since she had this one lying around the house, I decided to give it a try.
First of all, Charles "Tremendous" Jones has the right idea. My favourite chapter is "Leaders are Readers". It talks about how he convinced his own son to read inspirational book for $10 per book, and how it changed both him and Jere (his son). I wish my parents would pay me for reading, I'd be rich! Ahem, back t
Paula Quinene
It's a great little book that feeds the brain positive reinforcement, reminders, and new insights. I gave out almost 30 as gifts for Christmas 2014 BEFORE I EVEN READ IT! I've listened to Charlie Jones on CD - funny and a pretty wise man. When I got the books, I sent them out already knowing they were "tremendous."
Jackie
I chose this book for the 2012 reading challenge because it was short and it took about an hour of my time. I'm not really into self help books but Charlie 'Tremendous' Jones decided if he was going to help his 14 year old son that he needed to come up with a plan . He told his son he would give him 10 dollars for every book he read with a full report of that book and he'd put the 10 dollars toward the boy's car fund. It turns out the first book he gave to his son was 'How To Win Friends and Inf ...more
David
Originally jumping into this book with the intent to read in a few hours, I found it taking about 10 hours to read this book of 100 pages. What I discovered is that this is not a book to be read like preparing food in a microwave.

Sure you can read it quick, but the thoughts presented to the reader will hot on the outside and cold in the center. This was a book that needs to be given time for the thoughts to simmer in your soul. So many great quotes and stories were given, such as, how he motiva
Jeremy
Mar 08, 2015 Jeremy rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2015
A good motivational book about persistence and working towards a great life. Some points were hard to follow but over all it accomplishes it's purpose.
Esther Dan
Love this book!
Jason Ray France
I cannot recommend this book highly enough! It is a quick read, but the results can be truly life changing if you allow it! Open up your heart and mind, forget what you think you know, do yourself a favor, give yourself a break, and prepare for the untapped greatness that only you can let flow out of you!

My favorite line in the book is, "What really makes a man is his inner dynamic and the learning of the law of being motivated, not the power of motivating others."
Rgrega72
This book contains the 7 laws of leadership. The laws apply not only to business but to life. The leadership role is not only at work. Anything we do in life there is always an opportunity to be a leader. The 7 principles of leadership will equip you with the tools you need to be and effecient and effective leader in all aspects of your life. The book is dated so you, especially woman, may have to take some of the language with a grain of salt.
Chris Bates
Fun and insightful for everyone's purposeful and thus tremendous life that awaits all who choose to focus on what is tremendous about life. It's a quick read and a great place to start a powerful, spiritual life. It includes categorical lists of quality books and an idea of how to get kids to read quality books and reflect on them by paying them as an investment toward their first car.
SJ Barakony
A terrific "read in one sitting (with a highlighter!)" book -- it took just over 24 hours to read, broken into about 5-6 blocks of time.

Solid 4 stars - there are many quotes in this book that I'd never come across before in over 130 other books - that alone adds the phantom 1/2 star that Goodreads doesn't allow ;-)
Fran
The book I own was published in 1968 by Executive Books. The Library of Congress Catralog Card Number is 68-31704.

The contents of this book expresses the seven laws of leadership, not only in business, but in life.
James
One of my favorite books. It is easy to read. One of the biggest influences in how I speak to people in business & personal relationships. Speak so they remember their own thoughts!
Wyatt Harris
What a real opener of the mind and heart! This is one I will return to frequently. It deals a lot with job satisfaction, growth, and everything else.
Adam
Good solid principles in a pretty quick read. Some of his helps are a little out-dated, but a good place to start for personal development.
Thomas Kinsfather
This short book is overflowing with motivation and zeal for life. It only takes 2 hours to read. You're doing yourself a favor.
Lugene
Short but very to the point. Got a lot of good ideas and will have to read this again.
April
it was an OK book did not really learn anything that I already did not know.
Mamoon Staya
grear read. hard to put down once you start reading it
Bronwen Hall
Easy to read and filled with gems for a positive life
Brandon Perry
A lot of great quick life nuggets in this book
Iman
Oct 13, 2009 Iman added it
:) nice one
Camryn Nelloms
Camryn Nelloms marked it as to-read
James Kurtz
James Kurtz marked it as to-read
Ejal Shah
Ejal Shah marked it as to-read
Adam
Adam marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2015
  • University of Success
  • God Wants You to Be Rich: How and Why Everyone Can Enjoy Material and Spiritual Wealth in Our Abundant World
  • For Better or for Best: A Valuable Guide to Knowing, Understanding, and Loving Your Husband
  • The Winner Within
  • Bringing Out the Best in People: How to Enjoy Helping Others Excel
  • The Coming Aristocracy
  • Four Pillars of a Man's Heart: Bringing Strength into Balance
  • 8 Attributes of Great Achievers
  • Tough Times Never Last, But Tough People Do!
Books Are Tremendous: What They Represent to Some of Those Who Have Written, Read and Loved Them The Price of Leadership (Life-Changing Classics) Forgiveness is Tremendous Humor Is Tremendous Being Tremendous: The Life, Lessons, and Legacy of Charlie "Tremendous" Jones

“Things don't go wrong and break your heart so you can become bitter and give up. They happen to break you down and build you up so you can be all that you were intended to be.” 597 likes