Start by marking “Life Is Tremendous” as Want to Read:
Life Is Tremendous

Life Is Tremendous

4.22  ·  Rating Details  ·  308 Ratings  ·  27 Reviews
Believing that enthusiasm makes the difference, Charlie shows how anyone can be happy, involved, relevant, and secure in the midst of a high-pressure, commercialized, automated society.
Published July 14th 1981 by Living Books (first published 1968)

To ask other readers questions about Life Is Tremendous, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Life Is Tremendous

Iitimothy47
Apr 25, 2013 Iitimothy47 rated it liked it
Shelves: asignments
1. Learning to live: Enjoyed the dry humor:

[Did you hear about the two fellows in jail? Tom said to Joe, "Where are you going?" "To the electic chair," Joe replied. "More power to ya..."]

2. Seven laws of leadership: This is the biggest section of the book, full of practical insights; however, I didn't enjoy reading through this section.

3. Three decisions in life: Enjoyed how much the auther interjected his faith, lacing it into his message.

4. Leaders are readers: Enjoyed. This is the shortest p
Karl
Sep 19, 2014 Karl rated it liked it
“Life is Tremendous” is one of those books that has had a great deal of acclaim - on the cover of my version, from 1968, it says that over 600,000 copies had been sold (and another million people have purchased it since then) - and after having read this book, I don’t consider myself a raving fan. This is not to say that I found nothing of value in the book, it’s just that I wasn’t “wow-ed” by it and it didn’t say anything “tremendous” to me.

On the 107 pages within, the author, Charlie “Tremendo
Nicholas
Apr 03, 2009 Nicholas rated it liked it
Shelves: lifestyle
Jenna
Nov 19, 2009 Jenna rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reveiwed-books
Since my mom has been diagnosed with cancer, she's been reading for those optimist, meaning-of-life-type books. Since she had this one lying around the house, I decided to give it a try.
First of all, Charles "Tremendous" Jones has the right idea. My favourite chapter is "Leaders are Readers". It talks about how he convinced his own son to read inspirational book for $10 per book, and how it changed both him and Jere (his son). I wish my parents would pay me for reading, I'd be rich! Ahem, back t
Paula Quinene
Jan 11, 2015 Paula Quinene rated it it was amazing
It's a great little book that feeds the brain positive reinforcement, reminders, and new insights. I gave out almost 30 as gifts for Christmas 2014 BEFORE I EVEN READ IT! I've listened to Charlie Jones on CD - funny and a pretty wise man. When I got the books, I sent them out already knowing they were "tremendous."
Jackie
Jan 04, 2012 Jackie rated it it was ok
Shelves: i-own-it
I chose this book for the 2012 reading challenge because it was short and it took about an hour of my time. I'm not really into self help books but Charlie 'Tremendous' Jones decided if he was going to help his 14 year old son that he needed to come up with a plan . He told his son he would give him 10 dollars for every book he read with a full report of that book and he'd put the 10 dollars toward the boy's car fund. It turns out the first book he gave to his son was 'How To Win Friends and Inf ...more
David
Jul 19, 2012 David rated it it was amazing
Shelves: business
Originally jumping into this book with the intent to read in a few hours, I found it taking about 10 hours to read this book of 100 pages. What I discovered is that this is not a book to be read like preparing food in a microwave.

Sure you can read it quick, but the thoughts presented to the reader will hot on the outside and cold in the center. This was a book that needs to be given time for the thoughts to simmer in your soul. So many great quotes and stories were given, such as, how he motiva
Jeremy
Mar 08, 2015 Jeremy rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015
A good motivational book about persistence and working towards a great life. Some points were hard to follow but over all it accomplishes it's purpose.
Smetsger
9th printing. May, 1972. Published by Tyndale House. This edition is not the one pictured.
Esther Dan
Jan 12, 2015 Esther Dan rated it it was amazing
Love this book!
Matt
Jan 31, 2016 Matt added it
Key from this book for me: Work isn't hard, getting excited about your work is hard. If you can do this, everything else is easier
Jason Ray France
Mar 31, 2016 Jason Ray France rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I cannot recommend this book highly enough! It is a quick read, but the results can be truly life changing if you allow it! Open up your heart and mind, forget what you think you know, do yourself a favor, give yourself a break, and prepare for the untapped greatness that only you can let flow out of you!

My favorite line in the book is, "What really makes a man is his inner dynamic and the learning of the law of being motivated, not the power of motivating others."
Rgrega72
This book contains the 7 laws of leadership. The laws apply not only to business but to life. The leadership role is not only at work. Anything we do in life there is always an opportunity to be a leader. The 7 principles of leadership will equip you with the tools you need to be and effecient and effective leader in all aspects of your life. The book is dated so you, especially woman, may have to take some of the language with a grain of salt.
Chris Bates
May 12, 2012 Chris Bates rated it it was amazing
Shelves: spirituality
Fun and insightful for everyone's purposeful and thus tremendous life that awaits all who choose to focus on what is tremendous about life. It's a quick read and a great place to start a powerful, spiritual life. It includes categorical lists of quality books and an idea of how to get kids to read quality books and reflect on them by paying them as an investment toward their first car.
SJ Barakony
May 18, 2014 SJ Barakony rated it really liked it
Shelves: f-fun
A terrific "read in one sitting (with a highlighter!)" book -- it took just over 24 hours to read, broken into about 5-6 blocks of time.

Solid 4 stars - there are many quotes in this book that I'd never come across before in over 130 other books - that alone adds the phantom 1/2 star that Goodreads doesn't allow ;-)
Fran
Nov 29, 2009 Fran rated it it was amazing
The book I own was published in 1968 by Executive Books. The Library of Congress Catralog Card Number is 68-31704.

The contents of this book expresses the seven laws of leadership, not only in business, but in life.
James
Feb 15, 2013 James rated it it was amazing
One of my favorite books. It is easy to read. One of the biggest influences in how I speak to people in business & personal relationships. Speak so they remember their own thoughts!
Wyatt Harris
May 16, 2011 Wyatt Harris rated it it was amazing
What a real opener of the mind and heart! This is one I will return to frequently. It deals a lot with job satisfaction, growth, and everything else.
Adam
Jul 08, 2011 Adam rated it really liked it
Good solid principles in a pretty quick read. Some of his helps are a little out-dated, but a good place to start for personal development.
Thomas Kinsfather
Jul 21, 2010 Thomas Kinsfather rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This short book is overflowing with motivation and zeal for life. It only takes 2 hours to read. You're doing yourself a favor.
Lugene
Aug 20, 2013 Lugene rated it it was amazing
Short but very to the point. Got a lot of good ideas and will have to read this again.
April
Oct 15, 2012 April rated it liked it
it was an OK book did not really learn anything that I already did not know.
Mamoon Staya
Feb 22, 2013 Mamoon Staya rated it it was amazing
grear read. hard to put down once you start reading it
Bronwen Hall
Apr 04, 2013 Bronwen Hall rated it really liked it
Easy to read and filled with gems for a positive life
Brandon Perry
Nov 04, 2013 Brandon Perry rated it really liked it
A lot of great quick life nuggets in this book
Iman
Oct 13, 2009 Iman added it
:) nice one
Joshua
Oct 01, 2013 Joshua rated it really liked it
Good read
Micko A
Micko A rated it really liked it
Jul 01, 2016
Richard Shallcross
Richard Shallcross rated it it was amazing
Jun 30, 2016
Noha Tarek
Noha Tarek rated it it was amazing
Jun 30, 2016
  • University of Success
  • God Wants You to Be Rich: How and Why Everyone Can Enjoy Material and Spiritual Wealth in Our Abundant World
  • For Better or for Best: A Valuable Guide to Knowing, Understanding, and Loving Your Husband
  • The Message of a Master: Classic Tale of Wealth, Wisdon, and the Secret of Success
  • The Winner Within
  • 8 Attributes of Great Achievers
  • The Coming Aristocracy
  • Four Pillars of a Man's Heart: Bringing Strength into Balance
  • The Magic of Believing

“Things don't go wrong and break your heart so you can become bitter and give up. They happen to break you down and build you up so you can be all that you were intended to be.” 606 likes