Start by marking “Captive Splendors (Captive, #3)” as Want to Read:
Captive Splendors (Captive, #3)

Captive Splendors (Captive #3)

3.88  ·  Rating Details  ·  236 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
They struggled to deny their forbidden love, their splendid passions imprisoned by unspoken desire. A sizzling story of love and desire swept away upon the sea.
Published September 12th 1983 by Ivy Books (first published 1980)

To ask other readers questions about Captive Splendors, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Captive Splendors

Twiggy
Dire

Skim read only.

Heroine Wren decides she loves a total creep. She goes out of her way to meet with him and engages in compromising situations with him. He is also sleeping with her alleged best friend, who is ( in name only) a puritan. After about 100 pages of this, she goes to meet him secretly But he rapes her violently and then loses her in a card game to a group of rough sea men who then gang rape her. Description of these events is almost prosaic and suggests that it's nothing much to w
Kristal Taylor
Oct 30, 2013 Kristal Taylor rated it it was amazing
I see the negative reviews but read for yourself. This book was great. I have loved this entire series. Women pirates it was awesome with their trials and love. Fern Micheals book has never disappointed me.
L. (Climbing Mt. TBR one page at a time)
May 26, 2013 L. (Climbing Mt. TBR one page at a time) rated it it was ok
Recommended to L. (Climbing Mt. TBR one page at a time) by: Smart Bitches
As Old Skool romances go, this one wasn't all that bad. On the other hand it never reached the exalted So Bad It's Good level I was so hoping for.

This is the third book in a series I hadn't read before. Thankfully the first few chapters give an adequate outline of who is who and what is what so I had a basic idea of the story so far. Anything I didn't get wasn't important enough to worry about. What is boils down to is we're following the adventures of squeally Wren van der Rhys. The story start
Lara
Jan 26, 2016 Lara rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I thought this had way too many plot lines and not enough time spent on building the feelings between the two main characters. Toward the end, I found myself feeling anxious that the author would be able to resolve all the issues before the end of the book. She did resolve them, but it seemed rushed and not well thought out. I found myself very dissatisfied at the result of the ending.
Ash
Jun 07, 2013 Ash marked it as to-read

"Caleb is an ass-hat throughout the entire book. At one point Michaels decides he might actually need to have a feeling other than gas, so she has him reflect on what he’s looking for in a lady:

“Somewhere, someplace, someday, he would find a woman full of wonder and excitement, a woman who would love him the way he would love her. They would make love the first time to his satisfaction and the second time to the satisfaction of both; each time they would b
Marnie
Nov 28, 2014 Marnie rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
While I have enjoyed reading this series by Fern Michaels and the era of pirating, They are now kind of sounding like the same thing over again. Still liked book, but there comes a time when a series needs to end. I think there is one more left.
Tee
Sep 10, 2015 Tee rated it did not like it
Oh what fun was played on these two blind simpering fools ; by two other crazy idiots just a touch more vain then Caleb & Wren. I was surprised Wren even predicted the weather on board the Siren.

On to book 4... Fury, please don't be such a twit, or do be do da. whatever. I coulda stopped after book 1 I'm thinking.
Brandi
Jun 27, 2013 Brandi rated it it was ok
Bad pacing, lots of 'telling not showing' and no good sex scenes. A few 'read aloud to whoever will listen' sentences.
Kaylynn Johnsen
Aug 22, 2009 Kaylynn Johnsen rated it liked it
I was so excited when I found this, I wanted to continue the saga of this family. (Still young and dumb.)
Peggy
Peggy marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2016
Sarah marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2016
penny wheeler
penny wheeler marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2016
Kenneth Mast
Kenneth Mast marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2016
Debta Davis
Debta Davis is currently reading it
Jun 13, 2016
Gina Shupp
Gina Shupp marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2016
Sharon Williams
Sharon Williams rated it it was amazing
Jun 05, 2016
Amy
Amy marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2016
Sue
Sue added it
Jun 02, 2016
Kate
Kate is currently reading it
Jun 02, 2016
Constance (Addie)
Constance (Addie) marked it as to-read
May 31, 2016
Catherine
Catherine marked it as to-read
May 30, 2016
Wendy
Wendy marked it as to-read
May 15, 2016
Lori Daley
Lori Daley marked it as to-read
May 14, 2016
Janet Kersten
Janet Kersten rated it it was amazing
May 11, 2016
C J Wolfe
C J Wolfe rated it really liked it
May 05, 2016
Judy
Judy rated it really liked it
Apr 29, 2016
Tara
Tara rated it did not like it
Apr 26, 2016
Sherry
Sherry rated it it was amazing
Apr 16, 2016
jackiewitmer
jackiewitmer rated it it was amazing
Apr 14, 2016
Jessica Morris
Jessica Morris marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2016
  • Fire & Ice
  • Pirate's Bride
  • Fortune's Flames
  • The Wind and the Sea
  • Lady Of Fire (Fire, #1)
  • Lady Vixen (Louisiana, #5)
  • Nor Gold (The Pirate Captain: Chronicles of a Legend, #2)
  • A Gift of Joy (Delanza #2.5)
  • Till Dawn Tames the Night
  • Bonds of Love
  • Dare to Love
Fern Michaels isn’t a person. I’m not sure she’s an entity either since an entity is something with separate existence. Fern Michaels is what I DO. Me, Mary Ruth Kuczkir. Growing up in Hastings, Pennsylvania, I was called Ruth. I became Mary when I entered the business world where first names were the order of the day. To this day, family and friends call me Dink, a name my father gave me when I w ...more
More about Fern Michaels...

Captive (4 books)
  • Captive Passions (Captive, #1)
  • Captive Embraces (Captive, #2)
  • Captive Secrets (Captive, #4)