Start by marking “Miss Spider's Sunny Patch Kids” as Want to Read:
Miss Spider's Sunny Patch Kids
Preview

Miss Spider's Sunny Patch Kids

3.5 of 5 stars 3.50  ·  rating details  ·  58 ratings  ·  16 reviews
All of Sunny Patch is buzzing with the most wonderful news: Miss Spider and Holly are expecting!

Published May 1st 2004 by Scholastic Press

To ask other readers questions about Miss Spider's Sunny Patch Kids, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Miss Spider's Sunny Patch Kids

Britt Kitko
Summary: Everyone's favorite eight-legged charmer is back! And she's beginning an exciting new chapter in her life --- having babies! Like all new parents-to-be, Miss Spider and Holly worry. "Do babies bite? Do they need sun? Why do they wiggle so?!" Most of all they worry, "Will we be good parents?" But not to fear. When their ten little egglings hatch and there are eight booties knitted just in time for every one, Miss Spider and Holly discover that love at the heart of a family turns worries ...more
Garrett Ellis
Would be a good book for a young student that is struggling with the concept of expecting to have a younger brother or sister join the family! May be a suggested reading to parents, not a book that I would read aloud!
This book had many humorous moments. It lost me a bit in wordiness, but the overall story was a fun read.
Melanie
Miss Spider's first eggs are hatching and she's nervous. She ends up with a good group of kids. One of whom, Squirt, when he finds a homeless egg, vows to find its mother. He finds himself lost, hold up with Stinky bug, and his mother's worried about him being off on his own. Eventually lost egg is returned to correct mother and Squirt is returned to Miss Spider. Miss Spider also gains a few extra kids that Squirt picked up in his wanderings.

Another story that doesn't make a lot of sense. Childr
Sarah Romero
The writing is beautiful, high caliber for a kid's book. If you want to start your child off on the right foot to having a vast vocabulary and an appreciation for literature, this is the book to do it with! This line sticks with me: "And the sun smiled away the snow." As a writer of non-juvenile content, I know I can still learn much from the Miss Spider's books.
Dolly
Jun 28, 2009 Dolly rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
Shelves: 2009, childrens
Our girls have seen this television show and I figured they'd enjoy the books as well. The story was pretty good, although a bit longer than I expected, and I think our girls began to lose interest. It's colorfully illustrated and goes along with the show, so our girls knew about the various characters.
Alison
Great illustrations! This book also allows children to relate to a television show, because the book is based off of a children’s cartoon. This book touches on helping other, and the importance of helping others. Good independent read for a first or second grader.
Michelle
I actually didn't enjoy this book as much as I thought that I would. I love watching this series on Nick Jr. but I needed to force myself to stop and try to read the book. I don't think that I will be sharing this book with my cousins anytime soon.
KyleeJ
Let's kids know that families can be 'made' as well as 'created'. That parents love their adopted children just as much as their biological children. It made me tear up at he end.
Ashley
Lots of bright colors draw your attention to this book. It is a fun book to read aloud because it rhymes. Kids get very excited about seeing all the different types of bugs.
Ellen
Although the illustrations are gorgeous, I don't like a story line about children wandering off without telling their parents, worrying their parents, and of course getting lost.
Glenn Kennedy
This book has really engaging illustrations. The rhymes in the story are good and they will keep the students attention and work on their poetry.
Brandee Terry
The colorful illustrations are great for children although the length is a bit longer for a child's interest.
Tammy
Kids really liked this one. Love children's books that rhyme.
Sharron
Beautiful illustrations and good stories.
Pauline
Sweet, classic Miss Spider.
Patti
Patti marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2015
Kasia
Kasia marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2015
Dusty Ginsbach
Dusty Ginsbach marked it as to-read
Jan 12, 2015
Jenny
Jenny marked it as to-read
Oct 10, 2014
Laura added it
Sep 30, 2014
Roland &
Roland & marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2014
Becky
Becky marked it as to-read
Nov 04, 2013