Start by marking “Life-Span Development (Eleventh Edition)” as Want to Read:
Life-Span Development (Eleventh Edition)

Life-Span Development (Eleventh Edition)

As a master teacher, Santrock connects students to current research and real world application. His integrated, personalized learning program gives students the insight they need to study smarter and improve performance. Connect with Life-Span Development and connect with success!

Informed and driven by research. At McGraw-Hill Education, we have spent thousands of hours w
Published 2008 by McGraw Hill (first published January 1st 1984)

To ask other readers questions about Life-Span Development, please sign up.

Recent Questions

This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Niena Rachmaliah
BEST, more than hurlock
Lutfia NH
Dec 02, 2013 Lutfia NH rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Karakteristik perspektif masa hidup:berlangsung seumur hidup, multidimensi( biologis, kognitif, dan sosioemosi), multiarah(ada yang berkembang dan ada yang menyusut), plastis(plastisitas: kapasitas untuk berubah), multidisiplin kontekstual (tipe pengaruh: pengaruh normtif berdasarkan usia, sejarah dan no normatif.
Konsepsi usia: Usia kronologis (sebenarnya), usia psikologis (kapasitas adaptif individu), usia sosial (ibu dari seorang anak berusia 3 tahun, kurang akurat)
Teori-teori perkembangan kog
Samantha
Overall the book was okay. It was not the most engaging read and some chapters dragged. The book unfortunately presented a handful of the material in a way that was far too dull for my taste. There were some better chapters/sections, and a few interesting points, but a majority of it glazed over information learned in previous courses (such as an intro to Psychology course) and made it feel repetitive for learning.

I did like the presentation of the material inside the books, so it was at least
Kristin
May 12, 2010 Kristin rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Throughout the book, the author inserts data that dampens the outlook of aging. I think a fresh prespective would be to include how to maintain a healthy lifestyle, not just statistics on death, obesity, etc. Why not teach readers about nutrition and exercise, dealing with evitable stress (loss, change, aging, health concerns, etc.), etc.? It doesn't have to read like a self-help book, but let's balance the negative aspects with some positive ones.
Amy
Mar 14, 2009 Amy rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I have decided I officially hate psychology! First of all, the book has so many typos and errors I had a hard time not looking for more as I was reading. Second, it was so boring I had a hard time staying awake. I wonder why people would spend their entire lives trying to figure out if a baby can distinguish between an airplane and a bird. Who cares? I certainly don't.
kenzie
Sep 12, 2013 kenzie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I think the only thing I didn't like about the book is the fact that I had to get the brand new version for my human development class and it cost $120 for a paperback.

The book has a lot of interesting information and I really like how the chapters are split up.
Kat Foley
Jan 09, 2016 Kat Foley rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not the first time I've taken a final exam. First time I've taken a final exam in the middle of the night while simultaneously battling mosquitoes....
Katie
Jun 19, 2012 Katie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great resource for any people working with early adults all the way up to late adulthood. Perfect for people in the field of childcare - but check out the newer edition
Tunkabean
Took 2 months but I finally finished
Linda  Branham Greenwell
Okay... has all of the necessary information. It is just not really "interesting"
chaula
Jun 23, 2007 chaula rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: psikologi
Mau tahu tentang manusia? buku "mahal" ini jawabannya. =P
Burcu
Nov 28, 2014 Burcu rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: psikoloji
bebeklik kısmındaki fotoğraflara bakarak ağlıyorum bazen.
Jordan
Dec 06, 2012 Jordan rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Engaging enough, though I hope to never encounter the adjective, "pubertal," again. Goodbye, PSY 311.
Mariam Nawaz
Mohamad Iqbal
Mar 07, 2013 Mohamad Iqbal rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
open your mind
Lubena Amen
Oct 07, 2009 Lubena Amen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome book
kelsie umbel
kelsie umbel rated it it was amazing
Jan 03, 2015
A'Driane
A'Driane rated it really liked it
Dec 30, 2014
Rev. Shelia Rush
Rev. Shelia Rush rated it it was amazing
Sep 10, 2014
Lucky
Lucky rated it it was ok
Sep 25, 2007
kayleigh Allen
kayleigh Allen rated it did not like it
Aug 08, 2016
Deanna Norris
Deanna Norris rated it liked it
Dec 19, 2012
Liz
Liz rated it it was ok
May 08, 2016
Debbie
Debbie rated it really liked it
Aug 12, 2015
Dava Tuttle
Dava Tuttle rated it did not like it
Jan 04, 2010
Deborah Hong
Deborah Hong rated it liked it
Dec 26, 2016
Dian
Dian rated it liked it
Dec 24, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Theory and Practice of Group Counseling
  • The Skilled Helper: A Problem-Management and Opportunity-Development Approach to Helping
  • Clinical Handbook of Psychological Disorders: A Step-by-Step Treatment Manual
  • Psychology
  • Don't Sweat the Small Stuff for Women: Simple and Practical Ways to Do What Matters Most and Find Time for You (Don't Sweat the Small Stuff Series)
  • Clinical Psychopharmacology Made Ridiculously Simple
  • Cognitive Therapy: Basics and Beyond
  • The Sanity We Are Born With: A Buddhist Approach to Psychology
  • Fundamentals of Human Neuropsychology
  • Child Development [with Milestones Card]
  • I Don't Want to Talk About It: Overcoming the Secret Legacy of Male Depression
  • Children's Letters to God: The New Collection