Start by marking “Life-Span Development (Eleventh Edition)” as Want to Read:
Life-Span Development (Eleventh Edition)

Life-Span Development (Eleventh Edition)

3.63 of 5 stars 3.63  ·  rating details  ·  243 ratings  ·  16 reviews
As a master teacher, Santrock connects students to current research and real world application. His integrated, personalized learning program gives students the insight they need to study smarter and improve performance. Connect with Life-Span Development and connect with success!

Informed and driven by research. At McGraw-Hill Education, we have spent thousands of hours w
Published 2008 by McGraw Hill (first published January 1st 1984)

To ask other readers questions about Life-Span Development, please sign up.

Recent Questions

This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Niena Rachmaliah
BEST, more than hurlock
Samantha
Overall the book was okay. It was not the most engaging read and some chapters dragged. The book unfortunately presented a handful of the material in a way that was far too dull for my taste. There were some better chapters/sections, and a few interesting points, but a majority of it glazed over information learned in previous courses (such as an intro to Psychology course) and made it feel repetitive for learning.

I did like the presentation of the material inside the books, so it was at least
Lutfia NH

Karakteristik perspektif masa hidup:berlangsung seumur hidup, multidimensi( biologis, kognitif, dan sosioemosi), multiarah(ada yang berkembang dan ada yang menyusut), plastis(plastisitas: kapasitas untuk berubah), multidisiplin kontekstual (tipe pengaruh: pengaruh normtif berdasarkan usia, sejarah dan no normatif.
Konsepsi usia: Usia kronologis (sebenarnya), usia psikologis (kapasitas adaptif individu), usia sosial (ibu dari seorang anak berusia 3 tahun, kurang akurat)
Teori-teori perkembangan kog
Burcu
bebeklik kısmındaki fotoğraflara bakarak ağlıyorum bazen.
Kristin
Throughout the book, the author inserts data that dampens the outlook of aging. I think a fresh prespective would be to include how to maintain a healthy lifestyle, not just statistics on death, obesity, etc. Why not teach readers about nutrition and exercise, dealing with evitable stress (loss, change, aging, health concerns, etc.), etc.? It doesn't have to read like a self-help book, but let's balance the negative aspects with some positive ones.
Amy
I have decided I officially hate psychology! First of all, the book has so many typos and errors I had a hard time not looking for more as I was reading. Second, it was so boring I had a hard time staying awake. I wonder why people would spend their entire lives trying to figure out if a baby can distinguish between an airplane and a bird. Who cares? I certainly don't.
kenzie
I think the only thing I didn't like about the book is the fact that I had to get the brand new version for my human development class and it cost $120 for a paperback.

The book has a lot of interesting information and I really like how the chapters are split up.
Katie
Great resource for any people working with early adults all the way up to late adulthood. Perfect for people in the field of childcare - but check out the newer edition
Jordan
Engaging enough, though I hope to never encounter the adjective, "pubertal," again. Goodbye, PSY 311.
Linda  Branham Greenwell
Okay... has all of the necessary information. It is just not really "interesting"
chaula
Mau tahu tentang manusia? buku "mahal" ini jawabannya. =P
Tunkabean
Took 2 months but I finally finished
Sarah added it
Jul 22, 2015
Bayram
Bayram marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2015
Annah
Annah marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2015
Lade
Lade added it
Jul 16, 2015
Lade
Lade marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2015
Arjwan Sama
Arjwan Sama marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2015
Tamilarasi Saravanan
Tamilarasi Saravanan marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2015
Latifa
Latifa added it
Jul 09, 2015
Kiley Morsch
Kiley Morsch marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2015
  • Theory & Practice of Group Counseling
  • The Skilled Helper: A Problem-Management and Opportunity-Development Approach to Helping
  • Cognition
  • Psychology
  • Don't Sweat the Small Stuff for Women: Simple and Practical Ways to Do What Matters Most and Find Time For You
  • Clinical Handbook of Psychological Disorders: A Step-by-Step Treatment Manual
  • Cognitive Therapy: Basics and Beyond
  • Child Development (with Milestones Card) (MyDevelopmentLab Series)
  • The University of Chicago Spanish - English English - Spanish Dictionary
  • Biological Psychology
  • Children's Letters to God: The New Collection
  • Psychology
  • Groups: Process and Practice [With Infotrac]
Adolescence Educational Psychology Essentials of Life-Span Development A Topical Approach to Life-Span Development Child Development