Start by marking “The Pendragon Murders” as Want to Read:
The Pendragon Murders

The Pendragon Murders (Merlin Investigation #3)

Merlin investigates a royal mystery at Stonehenge.
A baron and his sons are found dead at Stonehenge. King Arthur's potential heirs start to mysteriously die. And only Merlin can prove that the murders are not the work of the plague, but something much more sinister.
Published February 2nd 2010 by Berkley Books (first published December 17th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about The Pendragon Murders, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Pendragon Murders

Amanda Meggs
Overall The Pendragon Murders was a good book. The title gave away what was supposed to be a mystery solved at the end, which is a pretty big spoiler provided by the author. I was also disappointed with the effort the author put in on occasion, as when Merlin was speaking in Latin, it was clearly the few Latin phrases the author knew eg. Caveat emptor - very shallow effort because Merlin is well travelled and well read and I presume well versed in Latin.

The mystery was quite good despite the tit
Sallie
Jul 18, 2010 Sallie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mysteries
I found this on our last travels to WA State. New author and mystery to me, so now I need to locate the first two in the series.

Interesting idea but some of the anachronisms got to me - Merlin talking about conscious and unconscious brain and his arthritis. Were those terms around in 600AD?? I don't think so. I'll still look for the earlier books.
Rebecca
Oct 03, 2012 Rebecca rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

I found this book incredibly amusing. It reminded me of the show BBCs Merlin. Everyone bickering , Arthur having a bunch of illegitimate sons, Nimue masquerading as a boy. It was all very funny. Then again I enjoy sarcasm and bickering characters. There wasn't really much of a mystery aspect , but I still found it a wonderful read. It's a new take on the legends!
Kim
Mar 06, 2010 Kim rated it it was ok
It's not a bad story at all, at the traditional / cozy end of the mystery spectrum (not at all cutesy cozy though) but my god everyone is constantly bickering and picking on or at each other / playing or assuming mind games. Relentlessly. Everyone. Did I mention relentlessly?
Elizabeth
This book was a selection of the library book club. It was entertaining and enjoyable. Some members objected that this book--set in Arthurian times--didn't use "old" English, but its lack didn't bother me. I like reading about Camelot!
Boyd
Jul 27, 2012 Boyd rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

A good way to conclude this series. I have always thought Merlin viewed this way was much more interesting, and if he existed, was probably close to the real thing.
Kit★
Was excited to find this at the dollar store and had to get it. Now I need to find #2!
Janet
Janet rated it really liked it
Nov 07, 2011
Rich Stoehr
Rich Stoehr rated it liked it
May 10, 2010
Eva Hamrick
Eva Hamrick rated it liked it
Aug 29, 2012
David Lauritzen
David Lauritzen rated it liked it
Nov 24, 2013
Mickey
Mickey rated it it was ok
Apr 08, 2010
Amy
Amy rated it did not like it
Sep 12, 2012
Ashling
Ashling rated it really liked it
Sep 27, 2011
Emily Sutherland
Emily Sutherland rated it it was ok
Jul 28, 2013
Lauren
Lauren rated it it was amazing
Mar 19, 2013
Crissy Voyles
Crissy Voyles rated it liked it
Jan 04, 2015
Yvonneo
Yvonneo rated it did not like it
Oct 10, 2015
JMarie
JMarie rated it it was ok
May 20, 2013
Tom
Tom rated it liked it
Feb 19, 2012
Gayle
Gayle rated it it was amazing
May 10, 2010
Chris Dartois
Chris Dartois rated it really liked it
Jul 28, 2014
Lorac625
Lorac625 rated it liked it
Feb 14, 2015
Vana
Vana rated it really liked it
Oct 29, 2012
Melody
Melody rated it liked it
Aug 25, 2016
Ariel
Ariel rated it it was ok
Apr 24, 2010
Carol Giambrone
Carol Giambrone rated it liked it
May 21, 2010
Aug 01, 2010
Carly
Carly rated it liked it
Feb 21, 2013

Merlin Investigation (3 books)
  • The Excalibur Murders (Merlin Investigation, #1)
  • The Lancelot Murders (Merlin Investigation, #2)