Start by marking “Wary Were (Greer #2)” as Want to Read:
Wary Were (Greer #2)

Wary Were (Greer #2)

Being a cat isn’t easy. Neither is being a wolf. Being both is damn near impossible, but Christian does his best. Life isn’t made any easier by the fact that his particular inner feline is a Rag Doll and goes limp at the lightest touch. Roll that into a night on the town and he finds himself on the wrong side of a sexually charged mob of men. Healing, he heads to Strange H ...more
Published January 17th 2010 by Liquid Silver Books

Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions
I liked it there was a lot of story here for it being so short. Well developed and interesting
Serena Yates
Jan 26, 2010 Serena Yates rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m-m
I really liked this story about Christian, a wounded, lonely werewolf/werecat mix who is hunted by an evil creature.

Christian finds sanctuary in Shady Hollow which is run by a fae named Jacinda. He meets Ethan and Jarek who make it very obvious they want him with them. But he is very wary and when the creature follows him to his new home he needs to fight it before he can start his new life.

I liked the description of Christian coming out of his shell with Ethan's and Jarek's help. There was a lo
May 19, 2012 Sarah rated it it was ok
I like this slightly better than the first time I read it, but I still dislike it. The author never quite manages to explain how a were can be half one species and half another; Ethan's characterization comes off as intellectually disabled more than "happy bouncy puppy" and thus makes him highly problematic in that you have to wonder why anyone would want him as a partner in an adult relationship; the plot is contrived and fairly predictable. The entire story reads like bad fanfic-- I would say ...more
Tamara
Jan 21, 2014 Tamara rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this MMM menage. Jerek is a growly wolf who is sweet to the the core and Ethan is a Labrador shifter who is all puppy who never seemed to grow up. Ethan was absolutely hilarious, with his runaway mouth and over abundance of energy. I could just see him bouncing around and it made me smile. He was just what the damaged Christian needed to heal, that and the security of a the strong and loving Jerek.

See my full review at http://wp.me/p38Iym-2bT
Don Bradshaw
Feb 08, 2011 Don Bradshaw rated it really liked it
This was not the run of the mill shifter book but still exceeded my expectations. Christian is half wolf and half cat, a total misfit. He is attacked one night by a magical and totally evil creature called a Gagii. He flees to a magically protected place called Strange Hollow and right into the arms of his two mates. The only problem is that the Gagii follows Christian. The characters in the story were great. Ethan's antics had me laughing at times. It was a very worthwhile read.
Ayanna
Dec 27, 2013 Ayanna rated it liked it
So much lulwut and wtf and I have no idea what the fuck is going on now.

But still, it was amusing.

The villain actually was quite chilling at times.

This concept of mixed shifters is still rather over my head. What exactly does his transformed form look like if he's a cat-wolf? I'm really, really curious.

It was all lightness and fluff and scariness and fluff and chilling holy-shit-that-villain O_O and more fluff and I liked it.

Plus, cat-shifter (kind of).
Julesmarie
Jun 07, 2012 Julesmarie rated it it was ok
Shelves: m-m, shifters
Yet another instance when I should have paid more attention to reviews. Many of them said how annoying Ethan was, and I wholeheartedly agree. I have enjoyed similar characters in other books (there were times he totally reminded me of Rudy from Jet Mykles' Leashed series). However, Ethan went WAAAAAY past that into the realm of honestly annoying me. There was a line every now and then that cracked me up, but not often enough to make up for all the times he bothered me.

I was also confused as to h
Jimmy Hanson
Apr 25, 2010 Jimmy Hanson rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2010, menage, 2011, shifter
A threesome novel from a new-to-me writer - and a wonderful beginning to what I hope will be a long list of books/novellas from Celia Kyle.

Ethan and Jarek are a loving couple somehwat typical to the m/m scene - extremely large, sometimes over-protective werewolf [Jarek:], hyper-happy-bouncy puppy [Ethan:], and the insecure man they claim as their own [Christian:].

I liked the way their relationship was handled, though sometimes it just felt a little - off. I'm not sure exactly why. Maybe because
Suzan
Mar 15, 2014 Suzan rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Paranormal Romance fans
I enjoyed this one in the series although again the stories in this series are a lot shorter then in the other series' by Celia Kyle I've read. It definitely packed a lot into the story! I loved Jarek, Ethan and Christian! Jarek is a tough guy with a really good heart and very protective over Ethan and Christian. Ethan is a little ball of happy energy, perky and overexcited, just like the puppy he is!

Christian is the main in the story and he's a really sweet and good guy but damaged. He's just
Lexi Ander
Aug 03, 2010 Lexi Ander rated it it was amazing
Very cute concept. Christian is half wolf, half cat shifter. I like how Celia made the two work together. My absolute favorite though was Ethan, the laborador shifter (not black but golden brown). He's talking a mile a minute, no filter to what he says and I can just imagine him wiggling around like a joyful puppy. Ethan eases the story line and keeps it from being too dark and sad. Ethan was the sunshine and I will be thinking about him for days.
AquaScales
Nov 05, 2011 AquaScales rated it it was amazing
This was a fun story with a quirky cast of characters. Not just the central three but the entire town of supernaturals. The primay couple bringing in the third was done well. Their relationship, contrasing happy go lucky puppy with werewolf, was endearing. It had some dark, violent moments but they were not explicit and relieved by humor, comapssion and cute amounts of levity. I finished it grinning and would read it again.
Nothing To See Here
I read this when it first came out with the Strange Hollow collection. It was cute at points but nothing memorable and not a book I'd pick up and reread. Now that it has been rereleased, and maybe tweaked? I do plan on picking up the new version and giving it a go.
Sabi
May 25, 2012 Sabi rated it really liked it
I liked it very much, it was a different type of shifters, with no instant love for all the "mates" in this threesome, where dealing with the past has a lot to do with healing and forgive oneself, before beggining a relationship. Nice characters, and Ethan was adorable.
Shawnie Nicole
Jul 24, 2013 Shawnie Nicole rated it really liked it
Not my favorite, but it was sweet and light despite the evil..
Davina
Mar 26, 2011 Davina rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-own-ebook
i like this book. couldn't wait to see what the stalker will do, sorry for the 2 werepeeps who died thou.
April
Feb 11, 2015 April rated it it was ok
Shelves: epubs, romance
I wanted to like this, but in the end I found the story rushed and formulaic and text badly proofed and poorly formatted.
Shona
Feb 20, 2015 Shona rated it it was ok
Shelves: magic, romance, ebook, adult
The dialogue was awful and the plot abbreviated. Two stars is generous in the extreme
Darla Arnold
Sep 07, 2010 Darla Arnold rated it it was amazing
This is a good short story, nice world building, I loved the pup, he had a nice energy, you could see him bouncing, I just wish it was longer.
Irene
Oct 07, 2012 Irene rated it did not like it
Shelves: fantasy
Really liked the idea of opposing personalities in a mixed were and i thought it had lots of possibilities but really but development in my opinion :( A shame
Debbie
Debbie rated it really liked it
Mar 01, 2011
Linus
Linus rated it liked it
Jul 14, 2013
Sharon
Sharon rated it liked it
Jun 05, 2011
Wendy Ann
Wendy Ann rated it liked it
Sep 19, 2010
Elizabeth
Elizabeth rated it liked it
Mar 04, 2016
Sarah rated it really liked it
Apr 12, 2015
Danielle Lesure
Danielle Lesure rated it did not like it
Jul 20, 2013
Andries Burger
Andries Burger rated it really liked it
May 01, 2011
Rebecca Combrink
Rebecca Combrink rated it really liked it
Sep 07, 2014
Kayla
Kayla rated it really liked it
Jan 31, 2013
  • Duck Fart (Del Fantasma)
  • Marrick's Promise (Thrown to the Lions #2)
  • Between Heaven & Hell (Heavenly Sins #1)
  • Blood Howl (Sanguis Noctis, #1)
  • Human Nature
  • Wolf Run
  • Touch of a Wolf
  • Mates in Life and Death (Spirit Wolves #2)
  • Resolution (Refuge Shifters, #4)
  • Last Call Europe: Black Wolf
  • Chaps and Hope (Mossy Glenn Ranch, #1)
  • Betrayed (Cursed #2)
  • The Center of Earth and Sky (Center of Earth and Sky, #1)
  • Bound To Please (Playing for Keeps, #2)
  • The Given & The Taken (Tooth and Claw, #1)
  • Lucky (Putman County, #1)
  • Sebastian's Wolves (Among Wolves #1)
  • Wolf Town (Wolf Town, #1)
Celia Kyle would like to rule the world and become a ninja. As a fall-back, she’s working on her writing career and giving readers stories that touch their hearts and *ahem* other places. Visit her online at http://celiakyle.com | http://facebook.com/celiakyle | http://twitter.com/celiakyle | http://pinterest.com/celiakyle
More about Celia Kyle...

Greer (2 books)
  • Can't Bear It (Greer #1)