Start by marking “Prince of Dreams Prince of Dreams Prince of Dreams” as Want to Read:
Prince of Dreams Prince of Dreams Prince of Dreams

Prince of Dreams Prince of Dreams Prince of Dreams

3.46 of 5 stars 3.46  ·  rating details  ·  238 ratings  ·  16 reviews
"It is a generation after the fall of Camelot. The legendary figures of Britain's brief but shining renaissance-Arthur, Lancelot, Guinevere-are gone but notforgotten. Their memories live on in song and story. But Arthur's dream of a united Britain is fading fast. The hard-won alliance of independent kingdoms is fracturing. Sensing weakness, defeated enemies arereturning.
"
S
Published December 30th 2003 by Del Rey Books

Be the first to ask a question about Prince of Dreams Prince of Dreams Prince of Dreams

Terry (Ter05 TwiMoms/ MundieMoms)
Apr 21, 2011 Terry (Ter05 TwiMoms/ MundieMoms) rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Readers of Queen of Camelot & Grail Prince
Recommended to Terry (Ter05 TwiMoms/ MundieMoms) by: The author's previous two books
This retelling of the age old Tristan and Isolde tragic love story was beautifully done as only Nancy McKenzie can do. Although it is not listed as a trilogy or series, this book does follow Queen of Camelot and Grail Prince even though in this telling it is about 25 years after Arthur's death. This legend/story has it's origins in the 12th century so has been altered and changed through poetry, opera, books, and movies. The premise remains the same of the Knight Tristan who is nephew to King Ma ...more
Gary
I had previously read Queen of Camelot and Grail Prince and found them thrilling epic masterpieces and wanted to get hold of this book for along time.
This retelling of the tale of the star crossed lover Tristan and Iseult does not disappoint.
It traces how Tristan, the Prince of Lyonesse is sent by his uncle Markion, a usurper for the crown of Cornwall that should be Tristans, to fetch his bride Iseult, Princess of Gwynedd Iseult rejects the suitor favoured by her mother the boorish and brutal Pa
Allie
This was my first Tristan and Essylte novel. Other than seeing the recent movie I admit I didn't really know the legend. I enjoyed the fact that I had read the Queen of Camelot and Grail Prince before this because the stories do intertwine but I don't think it is necessary to read them first. I never got as attached though to the main characters in this book as I did with McKenzie's other novels. At times Essylte was pretty annoying and stupid, but I liked Tristan. I also liked most all the less ...more
Kristina
Kristen
Aug 15, 2008 Kristen rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Arthurian legend fans
Shelves: arthurian, fantasy
I do love Arthurian legend in just about any incarnation. I still haven't found one that compares to The Mists of Avalon, and likely never will. But I enjoy trying to find one nonetheless.

This book was all right. Certainly not bad, but not the best I've ever read. I found the characters to be a little flat, frankly. There wasn't really enough of a new spin on anything to make it really stand out. The heroes were all heroic and damaged, as usual. The women were all gorgeous and noble, as usual.
Jessica
I was so disappointed by this book! Queen of Camelot, by this same author, is fabulous and one of my favourites. Grail Prince is a kind of sequel to Queen of Camelor, and Prince of Dreams is a kind of sequel to Grail Prince (both could be read in isolation though). Prince of Dreams was long, boring and pointless. The love between the two main characters was obsessive and unrealistic. They fell in love at first glance, which is fine, however I think one of his first words to her is “I love you” a ...more
Kari
So far I really like this book. McKenzie is very good at making the characters seem like they are real people. I have read two of her other books, Queen of Camelot and Grail Prince. I really enjoyed reading both of these books and I hope she has more books I can dig into.
Kristin
The book started out okay, but it seems like McKenzie felt the need to squeeze every detail of every version of the legend into one book. It was too long, especially if you're familiar with the story. We all know how it has to end.
Jamie York
I was so disappointed in this book. I loved Queen of Camelot and Grail Prince, but I just couldn't connect with the characters in this book the same way. I didn't like them and I didn't like their story.
Pam
This book was really good. I enjoyed the story of Tristan and Isolde. At times it was confusing to remember who each of the characters was.
Jillian
Not as magical as McKenzie's other works, but certainly worth reading to sort of round out following the characters from the Queen of Camelot series.
Emily
This book is a really interesting take on the Tristan and Isolde legend. It's got it all:drama, romance, war, a science fiction twist.
Joanna
My rating had nothing to do with the author's writing. I love her work. It was the story itself.
Kimberly B.
Queen of Camelot is Nancy McKenzie's jewel, but I really enjoyed this as well.
Stephanie Pugh
tragic. almost not worth the read. it's tragic without the balance of beauty.
Maryam
still reading it.
Shane Dougall
Shane Dougall marked it as to-read
Nov 27, 2014
E.v. Sage
E.v. Sage marked it as to-read
Nov 27, 2014
Sarah marked it as to-read
Nov 20, 2014
Denise
Denise marked it as to-read
Nov 17, 2014
Mab
Mab added it
Nov 17, 2014
Maria Mahoney
Maria Mahoney marked it as to-read
Nov 14, 2014
Mariana Ortega
Mariana Ortega marked it as to-read
Nov 06, 2014
Jennifer Gott
Jennifer Gott marked it as to-read
Nov 06, 2014
Sarah marked it as to-read
Nov 05, 2014
  • The Lady of the Sea (Tristan and Isolde, #3)
  • Dark Moon of Avalon (Twilight of Avalon, #2)
  • Beloved Exile (Firelord, #2)
  • Guinevere Evermore (Guinevere, #3)
  • Queen of the Summer Stars (Guinevere, #2)
  • Lancelot
  • For Camelot's Honor (The Paths to Camelot, #2)
  • Percival's Angel (Merlin's Harp, #3)
  • The Idylls of the Queen: A Tale of Queen Guenevere
  • Mordred's Curse
  • Warrior of the West (King Arthur, #2)
  • Yseult: A Tale of Love in the Age of King Arthur (The Pendragon Chronicles, #1)
  • The Road to Avalon (Dark Ages of Britain, #1)
Nancy McKenzie is the author of several novels based on Arthurian tales. Guinevere’s Gift is her first novel for young adults. She lives in Danbury, Connecticut.
More about Nancy McKenzie...
Queen of Camelot The Child Queen: The Tale of Guinevere and King Arthur Grail Prince Guinevere's Gift (Chrysalis Queen Quartet, #1) High Queen