Start by marking “Crystal The Snow Fairy (Rainbow Magic #8; Weather Fairies, #1)” as Want to Read:
Crystal The Snow Fairy (Rainbow Magic #8; Weather Fairies, #1)

Crystal The Snow Fairy (Weather Fairies #1)

3.86  ·  Rating Details  ·  2,070 Ratings  ·  82 Reviews
The Weather Fairies have lost their magical feathers! Rachel and Kirsty search for one in each Weather Fairies book. Read all seven books to help bring the weather back to Fairyland!
Fairyland is home to the seven Weather Fairies! They use magical feathers to bring all of the weather to Fairyland. But when the feathers disappear, the weather turns wacky. The Weather Fairie
Published March 1st 2006 by Scholastic Paperbacks

To ask other readers questions about Crystal The Snow Fairy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Crystal The Snow Fairy

Mckayla
Jul 13, 2009 Mckayla rated it really liked it
(9 3/4) Gerasimos Kyritsis
Feb 10, 2013 (9 3/4) Gerasimos Kyritsis rated it liked it
Shelves: own
I loved this as a child. Yes I know I am a boy and this should appeal to girls only, but fairies (kind and beautiful on the outside, dark on the inside) always fascinated me. I was a strange kid.
Rebecca
Oct 17, 2013 Rebecca rated it really liked it
On her last vacation, Rachel Walker met her new best friend Kirsty. Together the pair was able to save the Fairy Kingdom by restoring all the Rainbow Fairies to power and defeating the evil Jack Frost and his goblins.

Now on heir summer break, the girls once again meet up – and luckily for the Fairy Kingdom, for Jack is once again wreaking havoc. He has stolen each of the seven magic tail feathers used by the Weather fairies to set weather in the Kingdom. Rachel and Kirsty, with the help of the W
Holly Letson
Jan 25, 2013 Holly Letson rated it really liked it
This is the start of the *Weather Fairies* Saga, in which Jack Frost has stolen Doodle the Weather Vane and scattered his feathers amongst the human world. These feathers each control a different type of weather, and it's up to Kirsty and Rachel--along with the feather's corresponding fairy--to collect and return them to Fairyland. But, this is easier said than done, since Jack Frost has a goblin guarding each feather.
-----------
Kirsty and Rachel are called to Fairyland to have the above expla
Liz
After reading this book, I'm forced to conclude climate change isn't real. There's a rooster named Doodle in Fairyland who controls the weather. Doodle has a feather to represent each type of weather, so every morning he picks one out and gives it to the correct fairy who will ensure that whatever type of weather Doodle has selected happens.

Really we're all just at the whims of a rooster named Doodle and a bunch of fairies. Sorry to break this to you guys through a GoodReads review.
$hanel
Mar 18, 2010 $hanel rated it it was amazing
Fairy Land is home to seven weather fairies and each control weather in Fairy Land. When Jack Frost steals all seven of the magical feathers from Doodle the rooster Fairy Land becomes frozen and cold. Rachel and Kirsty are the only ones to bring back all seven feathers and the first fairy they come upon is Crystal the snow fairy.
Samantha
Apr 28, 2011 Samantha rated it liked it
Shelves: transitional
It was ok, little girls would love this book. Two young girls turn into fairies and save fairyland from jack frost. Little girls would eat this up. The two girls have to be brave and use their brains to help the fairy's beat jack frost.
Ava P.
Oct 11, 2015 Ava P. rated it it was amazing
It is summer vacation and Kirsty Tate is so happy. She is happy until it starts to snow and it is summer. Kirsty has a friend named Rachel and last year she and Rachel had saved all of the Rainbow fairies. Kirsty's dad was placing a weather vane on top of their house roof. When he was finished Kirsty went to look at it and saw glittering sparkles. Kirsty was so confused and went to her room. By accident, in her room Kirsty knocked over a snow globe the fairies had given her. Before she knew it K ...more
( ͡°╭͜ʖ╮͡° ) Tenzin ( ͡°╭͜ʖ╮͡° ) Isnt Sketchy at All ( ͡°╭͜ʖ╮͡° )
Very inspirational.
I was deeply moved and I learned a lot from this book.
Even better then 50 Shades Of Grey.
I recommend this to anyone who likes big topic expressed in serious but deep ways.
We should read this in Mr. Baughn's class. Even more lessons in here the All The Right Stuff.
Stacy Natal
Alexia read and reviewed this book. "I thought that the goblins were a good idea in the book. I was glad that the magic feather got saved. I've read three fairy books but now I want to read them in order."
Paige
Dec 06, 2012 Paige added it
I read this book back when I was like 7 or 8. I liked the series but now when I see them I wonder how I used to think these were long. I am so weird.
Amy
Oct 23, 2010 Amy rated it really liked it
Shelves: punkin-s-shelf
In this series, Jack Frost steals the magic weather vane and makes the weather go crazy. Kirsty and Rachel are back to save the day.
Cecelia
Jun 03, 2015 Cecelia rated it really liked it
It starts snowing in summer because Crystal the Snow Fairy's magic feather is missing. Jack Frost's goblin stole it. They stole all of the weather fairies feathers. Doodle the rooster gives the weather fairies their feathers each morning to decide what the weather will be like. They are his tail feathers, but they don't hurt to take off. Now Doodle is a regular weather vane in the human world. When he gets back all of his feathers he can go back to fairyland and be alive again. Each time Rachel ...more
Kelli
Aug 06, 2013 Kelli rated it liked it
My four year old daughter loves these! And SURPRISE! my two year old son will actually sit and listen to one at a time. (Not two back to back though, have to get out a "boy" book after one of these, still, pretty impressive that he'll sit through it!) They are VERY predictable, and not so magical for me, not like "the little white horse" or "the never girls" BUT they are perfect, quick reads for my daughter and a great transition between picture books and chapter books. There are small pencil dr ...more
Reagan
Feb 02, 2014 Reagan rated it it was amazing
Doodles magic tail feathers are all stolen by the nasty goblins. The goblin was so cold on his feet. That gave Rachel a idea so the three friends put the plan into action. Rachel turned into a human again and then she gave the goblin a pair of slippers and the goblin fell asleep with the slippers on. When Rachel got back to the others she shrank back into a fairy and then the three friends snuck into the room where the goblin slept and they stole the magic feather.
Sarah Crawford
Jan 21, 2016 Sarah Crawford rated it really liked it
It's summer vacation for Rachel and Kirsty, but there's a problem; it's snowing. Hard. It's another adventure beginning for the two girls. A goblin has one of the magic feathers, the one that controls snow, and it's up to the girls to get it back.

There's a very funny scene of a goblin with cold feet trying to warm himself in front of a fire, and the same goblin, later, becoming part of a rapidly expanding and moving snowball. Definitely another cute book in the series.
Nicola
Feb 05, 2014 Nicola rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kiddos, kat-s-read
The faeries git the feather from the goblin but they had to turn into faeries to do so. They slipped through the window and they sliiped the feather out of his hand while he was sleeping. He woke up but they flew straight out of the window. He was going so fast that he formed into a giant snowball while rolling down the hill. He was trapped in the snowball so they got away.....By Katarina age 7
Anne
Mar 02, 2014 Anne rated it it was amazing
I would only give it 3 stars because it's not as long as the special edition books in the is series. My favorite part was when they had to go to Grandma Willow's house and she wasn't there. I like the parts with the goblins. And I really like the stories because they have a lot of adventure in them.
Trinity
Feb 22, 2015 Trinity rated it it was amazing
I think it was great!! It's about all the weather faries lose their feathers and that is what controls the weather and the goblins
steal the feathers and the 2 girls are Kirsty and Rachel and they save the feathers by working together as a team. I love it so much.
Rachel (Sfogs)
Oct 30, 2014 Rachel (Sfogs) rated it liked it
Shelves: library
Cute story.
The weather rooster has had his magic tail feathers stolen, and the girls are asked to help get them back. On a very snowy...Summer day!
Evie
Feb 01, 2015 Evie rated it really liked it
Shelves: own, 1-0-ar-pts
"my favorite part was when the goblins got the feather from Doodle (SP?) and then the faeries got the feather from the goblins."
Stephanie
This is a series of all sorts of books. Brain candy - but Kenzie is tearing right through them.
Julias14
Feb 13, 2014 Julias14 rated it it was ok
My students LOVE these books. Not sure why, but hey, there is no such thing as bad reading!!
Piper
Jun 19, 2015 Piper rated it liked it
I read this in 20 minutes because I used to love them when I was younger :D
Julia
Mar 08, 2015 Julia rated it did not like it
This was Horrible Horrible and more HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jul 03, 2014 Laura rated it liked it
i like this series and look forward to reading more!
Madison Cole
Aug 29, 2015 Madison Cole rated it it was amazing
Her It's So C-Cold Outside It Was Amazing
Shaff.Musthafa
Sep 18, 2015 Shaff.Musthafa rated it it was amazing
Shelves:
This is my favorite story book...
Sara Mayse
Jan 01, 2015 Sara Mayse rated it it was amazing
Review is per Amelia. I give it two stars.
crystal the snow fairy 4 15 Mar 05, 2013 04:38PM
  • Rani in the Mermaid Lagoon (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #5)
  • Beck Beyond the Sea (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #10)
  • Princess Charlotte and the Birthday Ball (The Tiara Club, #1)
  • Prilla and the Butterfly Lie (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #8)
  • The Trouble With Tink (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #1)
  • Fira and the Full Moon (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #6)
  • Chocolate Dreams
  • Lily's Pesky Plant (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #4)
  • Beck and the Great Berry Battle (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #3)
  • A Masterpiece for Bess (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #7)
  • Pink Princess Rules The School (Perfectly Princess)
  • The Charm Bracelet (Fairy Realm, #1)
  • Shadow (The Puppy Place, #3)
  • Ivy and Bean and the Ghost That Had to Go (Ivy and Bean, #2)
  • The Mystery of the UFO (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #2)
  • Dreams Come True (My Secret Unicorn, #2)
  • The Zoo Crew (Nancy Drew and the Clue Crew, #14)
Daisy Meadows is the pseudonym used for the four writers of the Rainbow Magic children's series: Narinder Dhami, Sue Bentley, Linda Chapman, and Sue Mongredien. Rainbow Magic features differing groups of fairies as main characters, including the Jewel fairies, Weather fairies, Pet fairies, Petal fairies, and Sporty fairies.

Narinder Dhami was born in Wolverhampton, England on November 15, 1958. Sh
More about Daisy Meadows...

Weather Fairies (8 books)
  • Abigail The Breeze Fairy (Rainbow Magic, #9; Weather Fairies, #2)
  • Pearl The Cloud Fairy (Rainbow Magic, #10; Weather Fairies, #3)
  • Goldie The Sunshine Fairy (Rainbow Magic, #11; Weather Fairies, #4)
  • Evie The Mist Fairy (Rainbow Magic, #12; Weather Fairies, #5)
  • Storm The Lightning Fairy (Rainbow Magic, #13; Weather Fairies, #6)
  • Hayley The Rain Fairy (Rainbow Magic, #14; Weather Fairies, #7)
  • The Weather Fairies: #1-5