Snow Tree

Snow Tree

4.1 of 5 stars 4.10  ·  rating details  ·  30 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Nature lovers of all ages will delight in this ornate Christmas picture book that celebrates the splendor of the natural world Lavish embossing on every page gently illuminates snow-covered hills and trees, bringing to life the frozen beauty of the woodland setting. A little black bear wakes up to find a wintry world of white all around him. He wonders where all the colors...more
Published October 1st 1997 by Dutton Juvenile (first published 1997)

Ina
This is a very sweet book. Bear wakes up to a white and snowy world and all the forest animals work to return color to the world, by decorating a beautiful snow tree. The illustrations are breathtakingly beautiful and the text is wonderful, as each of the animals describe their gift to the snow tree and what that gift represents...blue jay contributes some of his blue feathers saying that they are "all I have to give, but these feathers are as blue as the summer sky and the rolling waters of the...more
Sarah M.
This story reminds me of how children are always asking questions when they don't understand things. The animals in the book help to show the little bear the colors from the other seasons. This story does have the idea of Christmas when they decorate the snow tree. This could also be a good book to use when teaching children about the different seasons, and the colors they would see in each season.
Belinda
A beautiful book that I absolutely loved as a child. It was one of my favourites.
I used to love lightly running my fingers over the embossed pages as I read the cute little story of a bear in search for coloured objects to decorate a christmas tree with.
Sarah Winters
This book had raised up pictures that add to the book, and great detailed but simple pictures. It has a great Christmas story-line with animals that younger students would love. I think kindergarten to third grade would be good for this book.
Geoff
Interesting embossed pages with broad white backgrounds of snow emphasize the colorful images. Now, where did moose get that golden star?
Maria Wheeler
Wonderfully illustrated with great textured elements too-one of my daughter's faves.
Literary  Chanteuse
Really nice story and great illustration. Perfect for Christmas.
Carole Bastarache
Carole Bastarache marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2014
Lauren
Lauren marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2014
Jasmine
Jasmine marked it as to-read
Dec 10, 2013
Winsy Lam
Winsy Lam marked it as to-read
Nov 20, 2013
Kelli
Kelli added it
Aug 22, 2013
Bryce
Bryce added it
Mar 30, 2013
The Race Classic Spooky Stories Catopia: A Cat Compendium The Forgotten Garden The Amazing Spider-Man Pop-Up: Marvel True Believers Retro Collection