Start by marking “Fade Out” as Want to Read:
Fade Out

Fade Out (The Morganville Vampires #7)

4.2  ·  Rating Details ·  34,651 Ratings  ·  848 Reviews
Without the evil vampire Bishop ruling over the town of Morganville, the resident vampires have made major concessions to the human population. With their newfound freedoms, Claire Danvers and her friends are almost starting to feel comfortable again.

Now Claire can actually concentrate on her studies, and her friend Eve joins the local theater company. But when one of Eve
Audio CD, 0 pages
Published March 23rd 2010 by Tantor Media (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Fade Out, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fade Out

Literary Ames {Against GR Censorship}
Good but not brilliant. This one is a little more sedate and less action packed but it took a worrying element (i.e. Ada) of the previous book and expanded upon it. That's what I like about this series, it flows almost effortlessly like it's one long story rather than episodes. Everything is explained and played out to its natural end.

I instantly took a disliking to Kim, her attitude was inexcusable. I couldn't understand why Eve worshipped her. Kim's media project to expose Morganville was bril
Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey)
Quick review:

Cover: It’s okay
Rating: PG-13
Overall: Another installment. I didn’t love it or hate it.
Characters: Well written
Plot: It started off promising but fizzled a little for me by the end.
Page Turner: Yes
Series Cont.? Yes
Recommend: Yes
Book Boyfriend: Myrnin

SUMMARY (50 words or less)

Another installment that started off with some good drama but quickly fell in line with previous installments. Bummer. It was still good. I didn’t really like the Ada storyline. It was so farf
Susan
Apr 20, 2009 Susan rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Joanne
Jan 05, 2010 Joanne rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya-urban-fantasy
I can’t believe the genius that is Rachel Caine. How it is possible to have so many unique storylines for the same series that will always hook you in, leave you guessing right to the very last page, and never get old, or disappoint in any way, is beyond me. Rachel Caine is simply amazing, and with Fade Out, she’s done it again!

So, with Carpe Corpus, the sixth book in the series, we had the end of the six book long story arc. Knowing how awesome Rachel Caine is, I knew Fade Out would be good, bu
Arlene
What can I say about this series that I haven’t mentioned before? It’s awesome, it’s engaging, it’s perfectly casted with four splendid characters, and it’s a series that I want to continue on for quite some time.

Fade Out is the seventh installment of the Morganville Vampire series where in this town, humans are the minority and vampires call the shots. Claire, Eve, Shane and Michael are part of the Glass House and have banned together to keep each other safe from evil doers. However, when someo
Books for Badger
Rachel Caine should have stopped at book 6. It had a good ending and the series would have been able to rest in peace. But I will give her credit where credit is due, because I care enough about Michael Glass to keep reading, so well played Ms. Caine.

The only good person left in this series is Michael Glass. He is always their for everyone, vampire and human, and even though his situation sucks he still does the right thing every time. Eve is a bitch, Claire is useless, and Shane is an ass. The
Theresa
Jun 28, 2009 Theresa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, ya, 2009
After all the closure in the previous book in the series, Carpe Corpus, I was curious as to where Caine was going to go in this entry. I kept on wondering for over half the book since there didn't seem to be any REAL conflict besides a couple little squabbles here and there. At the time, I found myself hooked - because I love the series - but not devouring the book because there just wasn't that much going on.

Then things started taking shape and I gobbled up the second half in no time. There are
Sasha
Sep 28, 2010 Sasha rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, young-adult
Fade Out, the seventh book in the Morganville Vampires series, is about what's been happening in the city after Carpe Corpus finshed. They've defeated Bishop, they've changed the rules so that humans are more comfortable living with their undead neighbors, and things seem to be back to normal. Claire is no longer a slave to Bishop, and is going to school and living with her parents while still going over to the Glass House whenever she can to see her friends and boyfriend, Shane. Eve has been ca ...more
kari
Jun 08, 2010 kari rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya, 2010
I kind of wish this series had ended with the last book. At the end of that one, Claire and Shane were in love, the evil vamps had been defeated, things were going to change in Morganville and all seemed well. It really was a good ending.
But this one picks up a few months later and it's just odd. Claire is being pursued by a hundreds of years old steampunk vampire/computer machine that wants her dead and keeps attacking her. It's just almost too weird.
Then there is a video voyeur who has disapp
Nic
Love, love, love this book!!! It was exciting, dark, funny, capitaviting and sexy.

I love the world of Morganville that Rachel Caine has created, her books are so well written and this installment didn't let me down. A new plot that was action packed and full of suprises.

The are so many amazing characters in this book. Even the evil ones I enjoy reading about. I love Shane and Claire's realtionship, they are one of my favourite couples because it seems more realistic then some other novels and
Carrie
Dec 03, 2015 Carrie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fade Out is the seventh book in the Morganville Vampire series. Continuing on where the sixth left off this is a rebuilding time for Morganville. Bishop is no longer around, Amelie is grieving, some new rogue vampires are introduced and an old flame of Shane's shows up in town.

Not one of my favorites of the series by any means. I'd say the theme to this book was jealousy, not very intriguing really. The action slowed down quite a bit and what there was seemed a little predictable. Hopefully the
Merve S.
Sep 08, 2011 Merve S. rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
Bu seriyi gerçekten seviyorum :)) Ne vampir kitaplarındaki o karamsar hava, nede ne idüğü belirsiz, karaktersiz karakterler var :D Bu serinin aksiyomu ve komedisi cidden okumaya değer :))
Kt
Oct 25, 2010 Kt rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's Morganville, so the gang knew not to trust things to stay calm, but they sure hoped it would. Everyone but Claire seems to think the "new" girl Kim is great, but Claire isn't so sure. When Kim goes missing, the gang sets out to find her, but quickly find out she really wasn't who she seemed. She's violated the trust of the entire town by creating a video project exposing the deepest secrets of Morganville. It's up to Claire and the others to find her before the vamps do as its not just her ...more
Cristina Boncea
Aproape 4 stele, a fost volumul care mi-a plăcut cel mai mult până acum. Am avut mereu dubii legate de cărțile astea și totuși, mi-a făcut plăcere să le citesc. Le ador aura dark și romance-ul și povestea în sine.
În volumul 7, Ada e beleaua cea mare. Ada e computerul dar și fosta ființă umană, fost vampir, creat de Myrnin. Ea vrea să o distrugă pe Claire. Al doilea antagonist este Kim, o tipă îndrăgostită de Shane și cu un complex de vedetism, de asemenea perversă, care vrea să facă un film desp
Angie
Mar 17, 2012 Angie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
10/17/15: Rereading!!!

In this seventh installment, things are looking up for our friends in Morganville. Bishop's gone. Michael's got a major gig and the possibility of a record deal. Eve's been cast in the town play and picked up a new friend, Kim. Shane's finally got himself a job and no one has put him in the hospital recently. And Claire...well, she's got an awful sunburn and is being used as a pawn in another game of power.

After the nicely wrapped up ending of Carpe Corpus I was curious whe
Sue
Nov 09, 2009 Sue rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Helen Power
This book took a little more time for me to get into than the previous instalments. Carpe Corpus resolved all the major plotlines, and this book began without an obvious direction or purpose. As the novel progressed, it became clear that Caine was picking at a thread introduced in the previous book (Ava the AI), and had decided to weave a new story based on that. I enjoyed the plot, even though it read a little like a B movie, (view spoiler) ...more
Ahrcadia the Duck Tamer
This has probably been one of my favorite Morganville vampires books, with the exception of Oliver. He's always been one of my favorite characters (Okay, maybe not in the first book.) and I don't like the direction he, or Amelie, for that matter, seems to be going in. But besides that...

Myrnin! Wow! He's finally not (very) crazy, so we get lots more real character development, rather than the dumb attention getting stunts he used to pull that seemed to pass for a personality. Now we have an actu
Sophie *Ninja Rapunzel*
Liz
Sep 15, 2011 Liz rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What could go wrong after the resolution at the end of Carpe Diem?
The age old fallabilities of humans; jealousy and fear of "the other". The jealousy theme is presented between Claire and Kim, and Myrnin and Ada. Claire showed a more healthy way of dealing with jealousy- Ada not so much.
I couldn't help reminisce about sci-fi and fantasy shows that have dealt with this theme of the created mechanical being who "loved" its creator: the feminine robot in the 6th season of Buffy, the Vampire Slayer
Nickyrian
Sep 08, 2014 Nickyrian rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have borrowed an audiobook of this from a library so I can finally finish the series before the TV series comes on. One thing I like about this series is that every book has different story but still evolves on the residents of Morganville. In this book, I have lost my sanity (in a funny way) because of Mynin. His bunny slippers with fangs has made me chuckle several times and naming his spider pet, Bob. I think this is the only book I have read a vampire who is bipolar. I also like how the au ...more
This was an okay story, but it wasn’t one of the best books in this series.
The characters in this were alright, although I couldn’t imagine Myrnin wearing fluffy buddy slippers! That was slightly ridiculous.
The storyline was okay, but it was a bit boring. The main focus of the story seemed to be Myrnin’s assistant Ada, and some random play that Eve was part of. There didn’t seem to be much about the vampires in this at all.
The ending was okay, but I’m really hoping the next book will be better.
Jan Lewis, Author Sidekick
Eh. This one was just okay for me. I don't think it was nearly as good as this others, which kinda worries me. I felt like the story ended in a good place at the end of Carpe Corpus, and after reading Fade Out, I'm thinking Caine might should have just stopped there.
Dichotomy Girl
My goal was to re-read these in order to actually finish the series, but I seem to be petering out even sooner this time around. Uh-oh...

Not to mention that this book caused me to have really bizarre dreams last night, that Shane betrayed us (us being all my family and friends in real life) and I was devastated, and Joss Whedon had to act as my therapist by making me talk about my feelings while he drew funny pictures....
Heather G Gentle
Jul 09, 2009 Heather G Gentle rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great "one day novel" series. Quick read that's just entertaining and fun. Nothing heavy, predictable outcomes, cute characters ( Myrnin is my favorite ) and a bit of weirdness and good humor thrown in for good measure. Appropriate for all ages and I can't imagine anyone being offended by anything in these books. I will definitely continue this series.
Amanda
Gabbie (Rampant Readers)

My Review:

Favorite Quote(s):

"'It's only a hunting spider, it won't hurt you.' 'So not the point!' 'Oh, pish. It's just another living creature. Nothing to be frightened of, if handled properly. I think I'll call him Bob. Bob the spider.' 'You're insane.'"

"'Silver nitrate and water in a super soaker,' he told her. 'My own invention. Ought to be good at twenty feet, kind of like wasp spray.'

Oh. 'You get me the nicest things.'

'Anybody can get jewelry. Posers'"

Favorite Character: Myrnin. He's hilari
Tiffany Danner
I gave this 3.5 stars on my blog, just not an option here on GR!

As I first sat down to write this review I had a hard time writing my own quick synopsis of the story, without giving away spoilers. I can’t explain why, other than I don’t really think there was much story for the first half of the book. I enjoyed the book, as I always enjoy Rachel Caine’s writing, but this one fell short compared to previous Morganville books.

With the demise of Bishop and his clan, Morganville is a much more relax
Julia
Sep 30, 2009 Julia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The seventh installment of The Morganville Vampires, Fade Out, was no disappointment- It brought fast paced, entertaining action to this little town in Texas once again. I won't dive into a super long review like I usually do, I think most of you that would be interested in reading this have read the first six books- and if you liked all of those- you will love this one.

Since my favorite character no longer appears in the books, I think I will settle for Michael being my new favorite- Myrnin com
YA Reads Book Reviews
With Bishop out of the picture, I bet you thought life in Morganville would take a bit of a dull turn, especially now that the humans in town seem to have a more equal footing than ever before. Well, you thought wrong. This is Morganville, after all, which is short for trouble, with a capital M.

A few things have changed, though. Shane has a job, for one. He’s bringing in the dosh and making his contribution to the crappy Morganville society, chopping and cooking meat at the local BBQ joint. The
Shane and Claire ~Eve and Micheal 76 237 Nov 06, 2013 10:12AM
Eve and Oliver??????? 17 71 Feb 20, 2013 05:26AM
  • The Eternal Kiss: 13 Vampire Tales of Blood and Desire
  • Out for Blood (Drake Chronicles, #3)
  • The Coffin Club (Vampire Kisses, #5)
  • Stake That (Blood Coven Vampire, #2)
  • High Stakes (Vampire Beach, #5)
  • Immortal: Love Stories with Bite
  • Stargazer (Evernight, #2)
  • Jealousy (Strange Angels, #3)
  • Rogue (Shifters, #2)
  • Drink Deep (Chicagoland Vampires, #5)
  • Succubus Shadows (Georgina Kincaid, #5)
  • The Good Ghouls' Guide to Getting Even (Beth Frasier #1)

The Morganville Vampires (1 - 10 of 20 books)
  • Viper and the Farmer
  • Glass Houses (The Morganville Vampires, #1)
  • The Dead Girls' Dance (The Morganville Vampires, #2)
  • Midnight Alley (The Morganville Vampires, #3)
  • Feast of Fools (The Morganville Vampires, #4)
  • Lord of Misrule (The Morganville Vampires, #5)
  • Carpe Corpus (The Morganville Vampires, #6)
  • Kiss of Death (The Morganville Vampires, #8)
  • Ghost Town (The Morganville Vampires, #9)
  • Bite Club (The Morganville Vampires, #10)

“Goodness,' Myrnin said quietly. 'I don't think I should be watching this. I don't think I'm old enough.” 474 likes
“I don’t see a way in,” Eve whispered.
Why are you whispering?” Myrnin whispered back. “Vampires can hear us, anyway.”
358 likes