Start by marking “Siege: X-Men: Dark Wolverine & New Mutants” as Want to Read:
Siege: X-Men: Dark Wolverine & New Mutants

Siege: X-Men: Dark Wolverine & New Mutants (Wolverine, Volume III #16)

liked it 3.0  ·  Rating Details ·  217 Ratings  ·  21 Reviews
The end has come.
While he is counted among the greatest villains the Marvel Universe has ever seen, one question remains: whose side is Daken really on? As part of the Siege on Asgard, what, or who, will he encounter in the land of the gods that will change him forever? And in New Mutants, with all the Asgardians falling in the Siege of Asgard, someone needs to deal with t
Hardcover, Premiere, 128 pages
Published August 4th 2010 by Marvel

To ask other readers questions about Siege, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Siege

Anne
May 04, 2011 Anne rated it did not like it
Awful. This added nothing to the Siege storyline. We already knew Daken was a psychopath. We now know he's a boring psychopath.
If you're going to devote an entire book to a dark character, then it needs to have at least one of the following:
a) a sense of humor
b) a character with at least some redeeming qualities
c) a plot that is pivotal to the larger story arc
This was just weird...and not in a good way.
Mike
Mar 28, 2010 Mike rated it it was ok
I started encountering Daken through the Dark Reign story arc, and I've never really gotten into most writers' interpretation of him. I like what Bendis does with him in Dark Avengers, but it's not a real unique personality there. Here though it's disappointing, seeing such a troubled and generally sociopathic character have such a...tinny inner monologue.

The New Mutants story was pretty much throwaway - if you were a big fan of them, maybe this would be a treat, but as someone who hasn't read t
Jen
Aug 11, 2016 Jen rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Dark Wolverine entry was worthless. Complete waste of time. Oh well.

New Mutants - learned more about Dani Moonstar's relationship with Hela and Asgard. But it was really short and didn't need to be in a volume like this, it could have been added to almost any other volume that already had multiple runs.
J'aime
Jun 17, 2013 J'aime rated it liked it
"Siege: X-Men" is definitely a misleading title. This should have been called "Siege: Dark Wolverine", since more than half the book concerns Daken, the son of Wolverine - and no other X-Men ever appear. This is followed by New Mutants #11, which concerns Dani Moonstar being called upon by Hela to act as a Valkyrie and bring the dead from the Siege battlefield to Hel; and finally, some HAMMER dossiers on all the players involved and the potential threat assessment of each.

This tie-in seems like
André
Aug 17, 2010 André rated it it was ok
The first and most important thing I must say about this is that Siege: X-Men doesn't speak of the X-Men at all, as they didn't participate in the siege. It concentrates on the events around two mutants, Daken and Valkyrie.
I know little of Daken, having seen him only a few times and having never read anything on him as main character, so I felt a bit lost while reading this comic. I do agree that the story was well adapted to an Asgard focused moment in the Marvel history, but other than that,
Lissa
Aug 14, 2015 Lissa rated it it was ok
Shelves: comics, read-in-2011
The X-Men stayed pretty low when it came to the Siege event; the only issues collected here are three from Dark Wolverine (featuring Daken, Wolverine's son) and one from New Mutants (I haven't read anything from that title yet and had no idea who any of them were). There's also some throw-away issue collected here about who is involved in Siege, but I never read those anyway.

I normally enjoy Daken, but these issues were pretty lame. Daken kills Norman Osborn...except he doesn't. Daken leads the
Gavin
Jul 09, 2013 Gavin rated it it was ok
Shelves: comics
This is Dark Wolverine and New Mutants, not X-Men at all. That's obviously done to sell more books, yes, but not cool.
The idea of following Daken was cool, but this art makes him look female, and doesn't make him all that interesting.
I was scratching my head at most of this.
I have already come across the New Mutants story about Dani Moonstar being a Valkryie for Hela somewhere else, probably in Siege itself, and that was the more interesting story.
Though the one book summary of characters was in
Timothy McNeil
I honestly don't know what to make of this. A lot of that would be my fault for taking a long break from being a regular (and a decent break from being an occasional) Marvel reader, but I seriously have no idea what is going on in the Marvel universe in 2010. Or why the tacked on issue (with wildly different artwork) was included in this book.
Feather Mista
Entretenido complemento a la saga Asedio... Y bueno, eso. El dibujo está bastante bien, no es de lo más lindo pero sirve para narrar. El guion me convenció menos, pero quizás porque leí muy poco de Daken más allá de sus apariciones iniciales. A grandes rasgos, se deja leer pero no mucho más. Sin duda alguna, me convenció bastante menos que otros comics a los que le puse el mismo puntaje.
Travis Duke
A daken story is what this book mAinly focuses on and a poor story at that. Asgard is under attack but who cares when daken is contemplating his life, not very entertaining really. The story only falls off more when if shifts to the dani moonstone story, even less interesting to me. Overall a miss mash of a book with mediocre art.
Mf
Jan 14, 2012 Mf rated it it was ok
I don't like dark wolverine. The title on the book said X-men not dark wolverine so it was misleading. On top of that, I haven't been drawn in to the whole Siege arc. I keep trying but it's not for me. Finally the last story in here is repeated in siege: thor
Abbie
Apr 16, 2012 Abbie rated it it was ok
Shelves: graphic-novel, 2012
Was really confused about this story, as I haven't read any of this arc and didn't know anything about any of the characters. The art was decent.
Kerry
Sep 22, 2010 Kerry rated it did not like it
And the point of that was what?
Angela
Jul 12, 2011 Angela rated it really liked it
This is only 4 stars for the New Mutants Moonstar story which was brilliant. The Daken story I really could take or leave it.
Dan
Aug 08, 2013 Dan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not really the xmen, but still a great story. I will have to catch up on the rest.
Jacob
Oct 06, 2015 Jacob rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novel
I was going give this 4 stars, but then they filled up the end of the book with files and crap instead of story
AGraphicMaduck
Nov 04, 2013 AGraphicMaduck rated it liked it
Shelves: x-books
more 3.5 but liked the daken issues...the rest was "eh..." I'm very liberal with stars...this one I'd check out from the library or borrow from someone, not necessarily a "buy."
Sonic
Mar 17, 2011 Sonic rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Started out fun with a edgy dark-Wolverine tale, but then fizzled out with a weak Dani Moonstar story and a bunch of filler crap.
Alexandria
Oct 26, 2014 Alexandria rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book to no end. I actually own the single issues because the writing and illustration was on point!
Flemming Lorenzen
Flemming Lorenzen rated it liked it
Sep 16, 2016
Scott
Scott rated it it was amazing
Nov 27, 2011
Mitch
Mitch rated it really liked it
May 16, 2012
Lucas Rafael
Lucas Rafael rated it really liked it
May 05, 2016
Ronik
Ronik rated it liked it
Feb 02, 2015
Nathan
Nathan rated it liked it
May 07, 2013
Steve
Steve rated it did not like it
Sep 19, 2012
Alejandro
Alejandro rated it really liked it
Nov 26, 2012
Brian
Brian rated it really liked it
Jul 26, 2011
Justin
Justin rated it really liked it
Jun 09, 2015
  • X-Men: Second Coming Revelations
  • X-Men: Phoenix Rising
  • Dark X-Men
  • Uncanny X-Men: The Birth of Generation Hope

Wolverine, Volume III (1 - 10 of 23 books)
  • Wolverine, Volume 1: The Brotherhood