Siege: X-Men- Dark Wolverine & New Mutants

Siege: X-Men- Dark Wolverine & New Mutants (Lobezno Oscuro #2)

2.92 of 5 stars 2.92  ·  rating details  ·  131 ratings  ·  16 reviews
The end has come. While he is counted among the greatest villains the Marvel Universe has ever seen, one question remains: whose side is Daken really on? As part of the SIEGE on Asgard, what, or who, will he encounter in the land of the gods that will change him forever? And in New Mutants, with all the Asgardians falling in the Siege of Asgard, someone needs to deal with...more
Published August 4th 2010 by Marvel Comics (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Siege, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Siege

Mike
I started encountering Daken through the Dark Reign story arc, and I've never really gotten into most writers' interpretation of him. I like what Bendis does with him in Dark Avengers, but it's not a real unique personality there. Here though it's disappointing, seeing such a troubled and generally sociopathic character have such a...tinny inner monologue.

The New Mutants story was pretty much throwaway - if you were a big fan of them, maybe this would be a treat, but as someone who hasn't read t...more
Anne
Awful. This added nothing to the Siege storyline. We already knew Daken was a psychopath. We now know he's a boring psychopath.
If you're going to devote an entire book to a dark character, then it needs to have at least one of the following:
a) a sense of humor
b) a character with at least some redeeming qualities
c) a plot that is pivotal to the larger story arc
This was just weird...and not in a good way.
Jaime
"Siege: X-Men" is definitely a misleading title. This should have been called "Siege: Dark Wolverine", since more than half the book concerns Daken, the son of Wolverine - and no other X-Men ever appear. This is followed by New Mutants #11, which concerns Dani Moonstar being called upon by Hela to act as a Valkyrie and bring the dead from the Siege battlefield to Hel; and finally, some HAMMER dossiers on all the players involved and the potential threat assessment of each.

This tie-in seems like...more
André
The first and most important thing I must say about this is that Siege: X-Men doesn't speak of the X-Men at all, as they didn't participate in the siege. It concentrates on the events around two mutants, Daken and Valkyrie.
I know little of Daken, having seen him only a few times and having never read anything on him as main character, so I felt a bit lost while reading this comic. I do agree that the story was well adapted to an Asgard focused moment in the Marvel history, but other than that,...more
Travis
A daken story is what this book mAinly focuses on and a poor story at that. Asgard is under attack but who cares when daken is contemplating his life, not very entertaining really. The story only falls off more when if shifts to the dani moonstone story, even less interesting to me. Overall a miss mash of a book with mediocre art.
Gavin
This is Dark Wolverine and New Mutants, not X-Men at all. That's obviously done to sell more books, yes, but not cool.
The idea of following Daken was cool, but this art makes him look female, and doesn't make him all that interesting.
I was scratching my head at most of this.
I have already come across the New Mutants story about Dani Moonstar being a Valkryie for Hela somewhere else, probably in Siege itself, and that was the more interesting story.
Though the one book summary of characters was in...more
Federiken Masters
Entretenido complemento a la saga Asedio... Y bueno, eso. El dibujo está bastante bien, no es de lo más lindo pero sirve para narrar. El guion me convenció menos, pero quizás porque leí muy poco de Daken más allá de sus apariciones iniciales. A grandes rasgos, se deja leer pero no mucho más. Sin duda alguna, me convenció bastante menos que otros comics a los que le puse el mismo puntaje.
Timothy McNeil
I honestly don't know what to make of this. A lot of that would be my fault for taking a long break from being a regular (and a decent break from being an occasional) Marvel reader, but I seriously have no idea what is going on in the Marvel universe in 2010. Or why the tacked on issue (with wildly different artwork) was included in this book.
Mf
I don't like dark wolverine. The title on the book said X-men not dark wolverine so it was misleading. On top of that, I haven't been drawn in to the whole Siege arc. I keep trying but it's not for me. Finally the last story in here is repeated in siege: thor
AGraphicMaduck
more 3.5 but liked the daken issues...the rest was "eh..." I'm very liberal with stars...this one I'd check out from the library or borrow from someone, not necessarily a "buy."
Abbie
Was really confused about this story, as I haven't read any of this arc and didn't know anything about any of the characters. The art was decent.
Sonic
Started out fun with a edgy dark-Wolverine tale, but then fizzled out with a weak Dani Moonstar story and a bunch of filler crap.
Angela
This is only 4 stars for the New Mutants Moonstar story which was brilliant. The Daken story I really could take or leave it.
The Book Geek
Not really the xmen, but still a great story. I will have to catch up on the rest.
Kerry
And the point of that was what?
Lara
Lara added it
Sep 12, 2014
Sacred Heart
Sacred Heart marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2014
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2014
Derek Wade
Derek Wade marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2014
Marka
Marka added it
Jul 28, 2014
Marie Duguid
Marie Duguid marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Deadpool: Secret Invasion (Deadpool, #1) Deadpool: Dark Reign (Deadpool, #2) Deadpool: X Marks the Spot (Deadpool, #3) Deadpool: Monkey Business (Deadpool, #4) Wolverine: Origins Vol. 5: Deadpool