Start by marking “Get Motivated!: Overcome Any Obstacle, Achieve Any Goal, and Accelerate Your Success with Motivational DNA” as Want to Read:

3.54 of 5 stars 3.54  ·  rating details  ·  123 ratings  ·  27 reviews
Motivated people advance further and faster in their careers, earn more money, are more productive, experience more satisfying relationships and are happier than the less- motivated people around them. But true motivation cannot be faked or forced.

In the same way that each person has a different fingerprint and a distinct combination of DNA, every individual is hardwired
Published January 27th 2009 by Crown Business (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Get Motivated!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Get Motivated!

I thought this book had a lot of good information in it, and might be a good book to have as a reference about motivation and personality types. She breaks everyone in to types that are what she calls our motivational DNA. I found it a helpful exercise, but simplistic to divide everyone into one of a few categories. Obviously not all people within a category are the same. And as with all books on motivation or self help, she asks "What do you REALLY want" the million dollar question that for ma ...more
im sorry but i lost patience midway.../ chapter 9...I'm not God gift to people to motivate but damn was this dull...bland...boring..and very if am learning from a textbook....and although I appreciate the author constantly offering us freebies online every now and again, but that doesn't help either

Its a very competitive environment self help and teaching motivation, and my advice, theres an abundance of far better and superior teachers out there that are much more fun and livel
Simple yet full of practical solutions In business, relationships and leadership situations. This book is written in a way that allows the reader to make practical and effective use of life's success strategies. Motivational DNA was eye opening to me. I must say that the Motivational DNA is suspiciously similar to the 5 Love Languages but with very few exceptions. Part 4 of this book is common sense. But as we would all agree, common sense isn't always common practice. I personally enjoyed the b ...more
Gary Paulson
Mentioned by Michelle Withers who is doing some training for our employees.

The intro by her husband was over the top and almost put me off reading the book. The author obviously has some street cred from the number of celebrities she name-drops in the book.
Alison Livingston
I am going to have to read this one many times to really internalize the brilliant concepts of what motivates people--well, me.

I gave it four stars because the author bugged me a bit with her claims that famous people like mother Teresa and George Foreman imparted sage wisdom to her by name. "Tamara, if there's one thing I've learned in life (insert breathtaking but very unhelpful yet quotable bit of brain muffin here)." She did this like eight times.

Also, her chapter on parenting advice made me
Really, I probably give this one a 3.5. It's also a book to have around if you are a manager of people. It's certainly a quick read. The book is about your motivational DNA are you a producer or a connecter, do you like stability or variety, do you prefere cash or more time off kind of a thing. Then like most books she divides everyone into categories and list ways those people are motivated.

Read the book like this. Spend your time going over the six parts that make up motivational DNA (the fir
Charlie Miksicek
Tied in with some very motivational and affordable seminars.
Very good read. It enlightened me and gave me the awareness of how I'm motivated. Like the author said, everybody has a specific "Motivational DNA". What gets one person motivated can repel another. The knowledge in this book is invaluable when working in teams, dealing with people, children, etc. Loved it. What most impressed me was that if you purchase the book from the Get Motivated website, the author donates 100% of the profits to the charity of your choice. Wow. What author does that?!?
2.5 stars. I wanted a bit more from this book than what I got. So a few years ago my mom and I attended one of her presentations, and it was pretty motivating which is why I bought the book. But the book doesn't have nearly as much information as I wanted. It does have some interesting parts, but not nearly enough on how to apply it to life. It took me a long time to finish this book because I got bored with it.
I liked the author's explanation of the six factors which motivate you and related to my type, as revealed by the quiz in the book. The author's chatty tone was pleasant at first, but I found it more grating as the book went on. I skipped the section on motivating kids since I don't have any and thought had an odd placement in the book.

It's an interesting premise and definitely worth a skim.
The concept of motivational DNA is stupidly simple yet seems to be very powerful. The whole thing is a kind of synthesis of what has been already told/worked out regarding people motivational factors and sold to the reader in modern and easy to use fashion. It really helped me to look at some people from a different angle and understand their behaviour and desires.
It's been a while since I read a book like this. Mostly a disappointment for me. Heavy on the rah rah, and very light on actual substance and HOW to do some of the things she recommends. A year from now, I probably won't be able to trace anything I learned back to this book.
Everyone serious about success in your career and in your personal life this book is a must have! If you need work on inter personal communication, motivating your self,kids, or employees this book is an excellent foundation. Reading it for the second time!
Great book. I expected it to be a motivational-speaker type of book. Tamara Lowe did a great job of tapping into different motivational styles.

I'll use it for my own motivation. Most of all, I'll use it for my team at work and my friends.
"Mhd Haikal"
Judulnya: Get Motivated: Overcove Any Obstacle, Achieve Any Goal and Accelerate Your Success with Motivational DNA.

Kirain DNA yang gen gitu, tapi tau-taunya singkatan... hu... Kaya motivator sini aja, hoby bikin singkatan yang ngga jelas...
I got bought this book on Kindle and am on about page 100. The author is sort of a self-made consultant/millionaire. I need to take the on-line survey that will tell me what type of Motivational DNA I have. We'll see how it goes.
David Provolt
This book comes off as very mechanical and monotone. I was also turned off by her using the term "Motivational DNA." Her motivational types had nothing to do with DNA. That said I did learn something about what motivates me.
She has written a simplistic model for how we can look at people. I cetainly disagree with the idea that everyone fits in 4 boxes but as a framework this is worth considering if you are not going for a Ph D in something.
I thought this would be a great book for parenting - it claims to be. I thought it would be really helpful in a business setting, but didn't gain that much for my lacking parenting skills.
E. Scott Harvey
Wow - simply a wonderful book by a woman who as "been there and done that."

I was impressed my both Tamara's insight as well as her own life story of what she had to overcome.

Half truths backed up by science in certain areas, no concrete proof any of this is true, but the ideas are interesting.
Loved the book! I learned a lot about it and bought several copies to give to other people.
Feb 23, 2015 Susan marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: set-aside
I really wanted to read this. I just couldn't get motivated.
Ogedengbe Smart
I rated 2 star because already crazy to read this revelation
I found this book very helpful as a parent and at work.
just skimming through.
KR marked it as to-read
Nov 05, 2015
Amy Lee
Amy Lee marked it as to-read
Oct 30, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
Amazing Research 2 6 Mar 30, 2013 07:02PM
  • 10-10-10: A Life-Transforming Idea
  • The Success Journey: The Process of Living Your Dreams
  • The Millionaire Maker: ACT, Think, and Make Money the Way the Wealthy Do
  • Thank You Power: Making the Science of Gratitude Work for You
  • Leading from the Second Chair: Serving Your Church, Fulfilling Your Role, and Realizing Your Dreams
  • The High-Beta Rich: How the Manic Wealthy Will Take Us to the Next Boom, Bubble, and Bust
  • Start Where You Are: Life Lessons in Getting from Where You Are to Where You Want to Be
  • The Think Big Manifesto: Think You Can't Change Your Life (and the World?) Think Again.
  • Having It All: Achieving Your Life's Goals and Dreams
  • The Resilience Factor: 7 Keys to  Finding Your Inner Strength and Overcoming Life's Hurdles
  • The Pledge: Your Master Plan for an Abundant Life
  • The Orange Revolution: How One Great Team Can Transform an Entire Organization
  • Opening Up: The Healing Power of Expressing Emotions
  • The Cat Behavior Answer Book: Practical Insights & Proven Solutions for Your Feline Questions
  • The Ten Roads to Riches: The Ways the Wealthy Got There (and How You Can Too!)
  • The Cambridge Handbook of Expertise and Expert Performance
  • Shrink Yourself: Break Free from Emotional Eating Forever
  • People Are Idiots and I Can Prove It!: The 10 Ways You Are Sabotaging Yourself and How You Can Overcome Them

“at the age of ten. By twelve I was dealing. I dropped out of school not long after that. I never made it past the” 0 likes