Start by marking “Body of Evidence” as Want to Read:
Body of Evidence

Body of Evidence (Bayou #6)

3.6 of 5 stars 3.60  ·  rating details  ·  251 ratings  ·  22 reviews
"New York Times" bestselling author Cameron leads readers on a twisted path of danger and deception with her latest novel of romantic suspense, in which a chance meeting between a woman and her high school crush leads to unexpected events. Original.
Published March 1st 2006 by Mira Books

To ask other readers questions about Body of Evidence, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Body of Evidence

Nancy
I generally give a book about 100 pages before I set it aside and say it's not for me. I gave this book 125 pages and consider it one of the worst books I've ever read. The characters lack depth. The scenarios are unrealistic. The dialogue is awful between characters.
Pauline
Not as good as her last book that I read, this one was more mills and boons type.
Teresa
There were times that I really didn't like him very much, and she was a bit too stupid to live and her whole attitude towards her divorce was ridiculous. There was too much sex that did not involve the main characters. The plot also felt kind of disjointed somehow. I'm glad I got this one from the library rather than buying it.
Terry Polston
small town murders. Incomplete character development and unlikley conversations. - did not like
Pat King
Lots of nasty characters and secrets in a small LA town. Big surprise at the ending...I mean big!

One of my pet peeves, though, is when an attempt is made to use a written form a the local speech patterns. It would seem no one in the small bayou town of Pointe Judah NEVER saw a word ending in ING they cared to use. I started obsessing about it before the book was finished.

The plot moves along nicely, peppered with lust, rape, murder, political shenanigans, local sociopath and, oh yes, romance.
Kitten2629
was good but a bit drawn out
Veronica Lindsey
Liked the mystery here. Love the south!
Sam
It was a pretty good book. Very gripping and exciting, it keeps you on your toes. I was not expecting the ending though, I did not see it coming at all. It was a total surprise, although I know Finn and Emma would end up together, it's kinda the nature of these kind of books. But all in all good book.
Nancy
Nov 13, 2010 Nancy added it
Emma finds a body while running into an old classmate. Emma's husband is mayor; loveless marriage. A group that Emma belongs to, support group for women, has several women killed. A salesperson for medicine is the murderer. He dresses like a woman and belongs to the club.
Lynnette
This book makes me think a woman's club of the sort mentioned in this book would be great! A little too romancy and wishy washy, but the murder mystery part is great.
Charity
this is another bayou book, and its all connected but at the same time its not. If you want edge of your seat, can't put a book down you need to read this series.
Kate
I enjoyed the mix of romance and suspense, and how at the end of every chapter you were left on edge, waiting to see what would happen next. I thought it was perfect.
As with most of her books I found the characters engaging, but the story and mystery somewhat lacking. Not a bad read though.
Emma
I soon realised that this isn't my type of book. Too slow and too sappy, I gave to my my mum to read instead.
Renna
These characters in Pointe Judah are fantastic!!! Get them in order!!!
Karen
Sep 18, 2008 Karen added it
Good job weaving all the stuff together never expected the ending
Judy
Not sure why I even finished this book. Not that enjoyable
Marie Willett
Good murder mystery, very quick read, ending a little week.
Tera
It was a good story, but it kinda of dragged out.
Teresa
May 31, 2009 Teresa rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2009
pretty good
Sidonia
Sidonia marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2015
Latessa
Latessa marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2015
Jennifer Winship
Jennifer Winship marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2015
  • The Chosen
  • Notes From The Backseat
  • The Lawman's Bride
  • Sacrifice
  • Murder By Mushroom
  • Right Here, Right Now
  • Dangerous Deception (The Protectors, #27)
  • Body Work
  • Ride a Painted Pony
  • Along Came Trouble (The Trinity Harbor Trilogy, #3)
  • Unveiled
  • Dark Seduction (Daughters of Myth #2)
  • Red Hot Lies (An Izzy McNeil Mystery #1)
  • The Black Train
  • Song of Unmaking
  • A Dangerous Man (Women and Men, #2)
  • Feeding Frenzy (Killer Species, #2)
  • Lord Of The Beasts (Fane #2)
Stella Cameron is a New York Times and USA Today Bestselling Author. With over fourteen million copies of her books in print, Cameron is now turning her pen to mysteries and independently publishing COLD, Introducing Alex Duggins. She draws on her English background for this new, already critically acclaimed mystery series. Atmospheric, deeply character and relationship driven, COLD reveals the po ...more
More about Stella Cameron...

Bayou (10 books)
  • A Marked Man
  • Target
  • A Cold Day in Hell
  • Cypress Nights
Out of Body (Court of Angels, #1) Out of Mind (Court of Angels, #2) Out of Sight (Court of Angels #3) Darkness Bound (Chimney Rock #1) Now You See Him