Start by marking “Notebook for Fantastical Observations” as Want to Read:
Notebook for Fantastical Observations

Notebook for Fantastical Observations (The Spiderwick Chronicles - Companion Books)

3.82 of 5 stars 3.82  ·  rating details  ·  1,181 ratings  ·  26 reviews
In the final installment of Beyond the Spiderwick Chronicles, Nick and Laurie had thought they solved their giant problems when they drove all the giants into the sea. But now, the Grace kids have come back to tell them they may have more trouble coming their way!

It turns out the giants control the population of Hydra, a dragon like creature that is creating sinkholes al...more
Published September 8th 2009 by Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers (first published May 31st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Notebook for Fantastical Observations, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Notebook for Fantastical Observations

Ker Malkin Gesulga
Ahh.. the advantage of having siblings in school. They haul books from their library then I get to read each one they pick.

This book's basically just a collection of stories from children who had encountered magical creatures before; and there's this note/analysis attached to each one of 'em (technically, it's about the creature's nature in a particular encounter). Also, this book contains some activities which you might find really nice. Too bad this was from my brother's library. Being a book...more
Sannie Hald
I wish I had this as a child
Flora
Fun, I enjoyed being able to create my own spiderwick-style world.
Steven R. McEvoy
This was the first book in the Spiderwick world I was disappointed with. I bought the eBook and cannot figure out why the publisher released an e-version of this book. It is intended to be a workbook. There are 14 chapters in this book, alphabetically named after the creatures encountered.

The sections are:
Sprites
Stray Sod
Trolls
Unicorns

Each section has a story written by someone who has had an encounter with the Fantastical,...more
Katy Jane
1. I got my copy of this book from the library so I didn't get the fun of getting to write and draw in it, but I loved the stories.
2. A lot of children have the Sight apparently.
3. I would seriously love this book when I was a kid.
4. Definitely buy this book if you love the series.
Francisco Becerra
This is a kid's dream come true. All the incentives and space to let your imagination run free.
Alleigh Waskie
it is so good it has a page where you can draw picture of a creature you saw.
Taylor
this is kind of cute. you can draw and write in it and make up your own stories. my brother has this book and he had me looking at it all day one day, and it was pretty cute. i couldnt want one, but whatever. not really one whole story, but little short stories of the different creatures in the world. and then you get to draw them and do different little activities. my brother loves it.
Tori
Really enjoyed it, read all five books in about a week! Much better than the film.
Tells the story of the hidden world of goblins, fairies and brownies and the man whom wrote a book about them a hundred years ago. Then three three children stumble upon this world.
Recommend it, but really easy read.
Rosie
These books are very special to me as I poured over them, the spin-off series (Beyond The Spiderwick Chronicles) and the supplementary materials (including the actual Field Guide) when I was younger. However, it is true that they are not fantastically written, but I love them all the same.
Connor23
this book is about all the creaturs in spiderwick so it tells you all about where they live what they eat what there names are and if there bad or good. if you read this book or the cronicles read this book first because you will under stand the books beter and what there tlking about.
Chiv
Read this 2 years ago so all I remember about this book is that it's just a compression of the actual notebook from the book series. It was an interesting read, I think there were blank pages to put your drawing and observation but I could be mistaken.
Abby
this book is fun. I haven't written in it because I don't want to ruin it, but it does have a few short stories and other Spiderwick type information in it.
fun idea.
Tori
this book is sort of for reading but more for writing in yourself. i own this one and are still trying to fill it out and i have had it for three years!!!
B Hensley
While I am full grown adult I just couldn't resist purchasing this. I think I in fact had far more fun with it than the children did.
Marya
One of the stories in this book is of a 'monster in your bedroom' nature, and it totally freaked me, an adult, out.
Karlek
Seriously amusing... Personally, I adore the Phooka, and the Elves.

Trolls and Goblins freak me out.

Arman Izadi
An extra. It has related mini stories and fun little activities. Not bad, all in all.
Quirky Louise
I enjoyed this book very much, but it wasn't as good as I expected it to be.
Theresa
supplement to add to the classroom library with the original stories
Heli Rita
nice and good story and how every one is a hero in its own way ...
Donna
Exactly what it says on the box, no more, no less.
Amanda
Nov 30, 2007 Amanda rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: jacque
my friend is letting me barrow this book,and it is awsome
Faithlyn
Really cool. Had alot of neat stuff.
Sella Malin
this was a fun addition to the series.
Courtney
Courtney marked it as to-read
Oct 18, 2014
Monkey1870
Monkey1870 marked it as to-read
Oct 18, 2014
  • The Wizardology Handbook: A Course for Apprentices
  • Secrets of the Gnomes
  • The Peskie Spell (Fairy Realm, #9)
  • Flower Fairies of the Autumn
  • Lady Cottington's Pressed Fairy Letters
  • Fairie-ality: The Fashion Collection from the House of Ellwand
  • Doctor Who Encyclopedia
  • Kenny and the Dragon
  • Spellsinger (Avalon: Web of Magic #5)
  • Clemency Pogue: Fairy Killer (Clemency Pogue #1)
  • The Blank Book (A Series of Unfortunate Events)
  • The Cabinet of Curiosities: 36 Tales Brief & Sinister
Holly Black is a best-selling author of contemporary fantasy novels for kids, teens, and adults. She is the author of the Modern Faerie Tale series (Tithe, Valiant, and Ironside), The Spiderwick Chronicles (with Tony DiTerlizzi), and The Good Neighbors graphic novels (with Ted Naifeh) The Poison Eaters and Other Stories, a collection of short fiction, and The Curse Worker series (White Cat, Red Gl...more
More about Holly Black...
Tithe (Modern Faerie Tales, #1) The Field Guide (The Spiderwick Chronicles, #1) Ironside (Modern Faerie Tales, #3) White Cat (Curse Workers, #1) The Seeing Stone (The Spiderwick Chronicles, #2)