Start by marking “Web Analytics: An Hour a Day” as Want to Read:
Web Analytics: An Hour a Day

Web Analytics: An Hour a Day

3.90  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,165 Ratings  ·  23 Reviews
Written by an in-the-trenches practitioner, this step-by-step guide shows you how to implement a successful Web analytics strategy. Web analytics expert Avinash Kaushik, in his thought-provoking style, debunks leading myths and leads you on a path to gaining actionable insights from your analytics efforts. Discover how to move beyond clickstream analysis, why qualitative d ...more
Published April 3rd 2009 by Sybex (first published January 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Web Analytics, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Web Analytics

Martinxo
Mar 07, 2010 Martinxo rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: web, 2010, ux, analytics
A superb introduction to web analytics. This book has completely changed the way I look at this increasingly important part of my job as a web manager.

Kaushik writes well and is clearly very passionate about his work. All profits from the book go to charity!
Joel Katz
Don't waste your time you should go for the second web Analytics right away
Terry
Jul 30, 2012 Terry rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves:
I wanted to like this book. The author seems jovial, the proceeds go to a good cause, and it seemed to harbor an iterative approach to understanding this topic.

That said, the book is CRAP. The author rambles on and on and on. I lose my train of thought. It is like he is high on caffeine and chatting out the side of his head. The table of contents seems to indicate some organization, but get in the weeds reading the pages and he flits all over the place.

The tone is pithy and shallow. "Call IT" wh
Steve Walker
Feb 23, 2013 Steve Walker rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Forget page hits, unique visitors, and all the other sought after wed site statistics and find out how users are really using your site, what is working, and what is not. This was an eye opener for me. As manager of a large web site I thought I knew what I was doing using analytic software such as WebTrends and Google Analytics. I only had half the picture. I was focused on the wrong things.

Mr Kaushik is clearly enthusiastic about what he does. What could be dry reading is thoroughly enjoyable
JanSru
Excellent book about creating insightful business reports and driving action. Not just about Web Analytics but also about Online Marketing in general. Definitely worth a read.
Nacho.gb
Jul 26, 2016 Nacho.gb rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: work
My rate is simple: don't stand the test of time. It's logical, it was written 10 years ago.
Carlo Scomparin
Apr 28, 2016 Carlo Scomparin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
(relatively) Old but still lots of insights for someone interested in an approach to analytics
Carrie
This book seemed a bit long to me. I think the concept of trying to break up this complex subject into smaller bits is a nice idea, but what it seemed to do in practice is to drag the book out more. I did get some good ideas and information from this book, though there were a lot of parts of the book that didn't apply to me. This book definitely assumes that you have greater control over the website you are trying to analyze and have at least some level of influence over the business (i.e. the w ...more
John Brian Anderson
Apr 30, 2014 John Brian Anderson rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: tech
Simple
Sebastian Giano
Dec 10, 2009 Sebastian Giano rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a great informative insight into the inner workings of the internet and how it can be used to further business relationships and increase revenue streams. This book is a must read for all the internet marketers out there, take your game to the next level. This book contains breakdowns of how and when to use web analytics to best fit your online operations. Very informative, highly recommended.
Steve
Apr 16, 2011 Steve rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shockingly fantastic book. The hands-on stuff is useful and practical. The theory seems spot-on. The context is great. Avinash Kaushik does a great job capturing web analytics and all of the ancillary issues related to implementation, and does so in a readable, engaging way.

You read so much garbage about analytics. It's so refreshing to read something so smart and nuanced.
gramakri
Aug 14, 2013 gramakri rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A fairly comprehensive book on Web Analytics written in a very easy to understand manner. I strongly recommend it to anyone who wants to develop a good understanding of web analytics.
More details @
Cameron
Oct 29, 2007 Cameron rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone with an online business
This is far and away the best analytics or SEM book I have ever read. Really incredible stuff by a guy who is smart and funny. This is accessible to anyone no matter what their level and is really, really outstanding.
Francis Bacon
Clear and passionate dissection of web analytics with a solid theoretical underpinning. Slightly repetitive in parts but it's worth it to get a handle on this important subject.
Miro Nguyen
Jun 30, 2013 Miro Nguyen rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: computer
Thorough guides to web analytics but hard to follow and too complicated to understand. Since the book was written in 2005, it doesn't provide up-to-date solutions.
Liz
Dec 30, 2013 Liz rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: wishlist, seo, non-fiction
This book has some great advice, but the time frame he says you can complete these projects are way off, especially for bigger companies with lots of politics
Oguz Bayram
It is a little bit theoretical book with less practice. Even some subtle details given, its unnecessary high volume is something boring
Sara S.
Sep 24, 2008 Sara S. rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Essential reference for those of us engaged in the wild world of web analytics (and most of us are, whether we know it yet or not)
Nov 19, 2009 Sarah rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A little dated, but a good overview of Web analytics and guidelines for how to get the most out of a Web site.
Carl-Johan Hunefalk
Apr 24, 2008 Carl-Johan Hunefalk rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Internet professionals
Excellent starting point for Internet professionals with limited knowledge and experience with web analytics.
Paul Dyb
Jun 28, 2011 Paul Dyb rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A simple question, "So what?" will change the way you look at web analytics.
Tom
May 06, 2011 Tom rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great definition and an very actionable plan
Bellamy
Jan 20, 2012 Bellamy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
my grandma is loving you
nasira afridi
nasira afridi marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2016
Juan C Gonzalez
Juan C Gonzalez marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2016
Anshul Joshi
Anshul Joshi is currently reading it
Jul 28, 2016
William Anderson
William Anderson marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2016
Berverly Whyte
Berverly Whyte rated it liked it
Jul 27, 2016
Evelyn Cheung
Evelyn Cheung rated it it was amazing
Jul 25, 2016
Ashero
Ashero rated it it was amazing
Jul 25, 2016
  • Advanced Web Metrics with Google Analytics
  • Landing Page Optimization: The Definitive Guide to Testing and Tuning for Conversions
  • Principles of Statistics
  • Hiring Smart!: How to Predict Winners and Losers in the Incredibly Expensive People-Reading Game
  • Always Be Testing: The Complete Guide to Google Website Optimizer
  • It's Not about the Money: Unlock Your Money Type to Achieve Spiritual and Financial Abundance
  • Turning Numbers into Knowledge: Mastering the Art of Problem Solving
  • The McGraw-Hill 36-Hour Course in Finance for Non-Financial Managers
  • Green to Gold: How Smart Companies Use Environmental Strategy to Innovate, Create Value, and Build Competitive Advantage
  • Work Less, Live More: The Way to Semi-Retirement
  • Search Engine Optimization: An Hour a Day
  • Numbers Guide: The Essentials of Business Numeracy
  • Essentials of Accounting
  • Marketing Metrics: 50+ Metrics Every Executive Should Master
  • Learning from the Future: Competitive Foresight Scenarios
  • Value-Based Fees: How to Charge - and Get - What You're Worth (The Ultimate Consultant Series)
  • Making Sense of Behavior: The Meaning of Control

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »