Start by marking “The Talking T. Rex” as Want to Read:
The Talking T. Rex

The Talking T. Rex (A to Z Mysteries #20)

3.85 of 5 stars 3.85  ·  rating details  ·  1,071 ratings  ·  23 reviews
Meet Tyrone the Tyrannosaurus, Green Lawn's newest-and biggest!-visitor. The kids' old friend Jud Wheat is in town, and he's raising funds for a dinosaur museum by taking the T. rex on tour. But after the show in Green
Lawn, all Jud's money disappears! Can Dink, Josh, and Ruth Rose track down the cash and rescue Jud from this prehistoric pickle?A Stepping Stone book(TM) Fr
Published August 16th 2009 by Random House Children's Books (first published April 1st 2002)

To ask other readers questions about The Talking T. Rex, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Talking T. Rex

Marlee
So far, we've read the entire series in order. I read them to my 6 and 10 year old. They have enjoyed all of them. This book didn't seem to hold their attention as much as some. However they did still enjoy it. It was easy to solve. I think my kids had this one figured out almost right away. A fun series to share with children.
Seth
Their friend came to town. his name was Jud. he brought a t-rex. His name was Tyrone. Tyrone was fake.
luhvBOOKS
Title: The Talking T. Rex

Author: Ron Roy

Series: A to Z Mysteries #20

Rating: ★★★★

Summary: When the kids' old friend Jud Wheat comes to Green Lawn to raise funds for a dinosaur museum, he brings with him Tyrone the Tyrannosaurus. But after the show, all Jud's money disappears. Can Dink, Josh, and Ruth Rose rescue Jud from this prehistoric pickle?

Review: It's been too many years, and I still remember this cover. Wow :)

Things I Loved: The T mystery!

Things I Hated: N/A
Dolly
Sep 12, 2009 Dolly rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
We're working our way through the A to Z Mysteries and although this wasn't our favorite, it was a good book. A former character from "The Ninth Nugget" returns with an almost-life-size Tyrannosaurus Rex that he and his friends are bringing to schools around the country to raise money for their museum. When their money is stolen, it's up to Dink, Josh and Ruth Rose to help solve the case.
A_Cathy
A to Z Mysteries- The Talking T. Rex written by Ron Roy is a chapter book containing 10 chapters about 8 pages each chaper. It is 85 pages in total. A friend Jud comes back to town with a surprise (a T-Rex) and the adventures start. The friends are lead on a who done it mystery. This book is for 2nd-5th grade, I think 6th grade would find it babyish. Since it involves a T-Rex I think more boys will be interested in it than girls.
Kaeley Lyons
robery a t-rex and, fun
Carrie
Mar 15, 2008 Carrie rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Carrie by: Lotte
These are good easy reader books for maybe 2nd or 3rd grade readers. I think they can be enjoyable for older (4-5th graders) too, but the reading level is younger. The characters are cute and the mysteries aren't very scary. It is always good to read about kids in good friendships who are using their brains.
Ann Moody
This series is just average. We have read this one and another (White House White Out) and in both cases the kids get into unrealistic situations with dangerous grown ups at all hours of the day and night. If that doesn't bother you and your kid likes the stories, they are okay.
Sydney
When Dink's old teenager friend Judd comes back with a talking t.Rex for the parade that green lawn' having when the green lawn parade is over some one stole Judd's money!
Sara
They find the money in a shed and the culprit gets caught. I recommend this book to those that love mysteries.
Lara
The T Rex didn't really talk, so I don't know why they called it this.
Jessica
My 2nd grader enoyed this book well enough, after a slow start.
Lisadunbar22
I liked the part when the T-Rex talked. It was funny. Review by Evan
Crystal
Cute story. The characters are a bit stuffy but I liked it. :)
Siddharth
A dinosaur is talking!

It's A to Z Mysteries series
Banana
This was one of my favorite A to Z mystery books!
J
A part of a young readers early mystery.
Ashley
this is just AWESOME!!!
tony
don't talk to t.rex
Grrrr
I liked it a lot.
Angel
Angel marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2015
Neliya
Neliya marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2015
Karina Monger
Karina Monger marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2015
  • Eve of the Emperor Penguin (Magic Tree House, #40)
  • The Mystery of the Monster Movie (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #8)
  • Attack Of The Tyrannosaurus (Dinosaur Cove, #1)
  • The Case of Hermie the Missing Hamster (Jigsaw Jones Mystery #1)
  • Nate the Great San Francisco Detective
  • The Slumber Party Secret (Nancy Drew: Notebooks, #1)
  • Dinosaur Detectives (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #9)
  • Stop That Hamster! (Ready, Freddy!, #12)
Full name: Wallace Ronald Roy
Most known for the children's mystery series "A-Z Mysteries" and "Calendar Mysteries"
More about Ron Roy...

A to Z Mysteries (1 - 10 of 26 books)
  • The Absent Author (A to Z Mysteries, #1)
  • The Bald Bandit (A to Z Mysteries, #2)
  • The Canary Caper (A to Z Mysteries, #3)
  • The Deadly Dungeon (A to Z Mysteries, #4)
  • The Empty Envelope (A to Z Mysteries, #5)
  • The Falcon's Feathers (A to Z Mysteries, #6)
  • The Goose's Gold (A to Z Mysteries, #7)
  • The Haunted Hotel (A to Z Mysteries, #8)
  • The Invisible Island (A to Z Mysteries, #9)
  • The Jaguar's Jewel (A to Z Mysteries, #10)
The Absent Author (A to Z Mysteries, #1) The Bald Bandit (A to Z Mysteries, #2) The Invisible Island (A to Z Mysteries, #9) The Canary Caper (A to Z Mysteries, #3) The Empty Envelope (A to Z Mysteries, #5)