Start by marking “Hidden Passions: Secrets from the Diaries of Tabitha Lenox” as Want to Read:
Hidden Passions: Secrets from the Diaries of Tabitha Lenox

Hidden Passions: Secrets from the Diaries of Tabitha Lenox

3.66 of 5 stars 3.66  ·  rating details  ·  153 ratings  ·  22 reviews
Welcome to Harmony...

A dreamy New England Coastal town, filled with cobblestone streets, charming colonial homes ... and tumultuous secrets that threaten to tear its families apart. Only Tabitha Lenox knows the intimate details of all their stories. Most of Harmony thinks Tabitha is a "harmless eccentric." But she‘s really an irrepressible sorceress of darkness who‘s been
Published January 8th 2002 by HarperEntertainment (first published 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Hidden Passions, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hidden Passions

Robin
Dec 27, 2013 Robin rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: everyone!
I was gifted this book for Christmas, and as you can tell by the "finished" date, I breezed through it.

As a fan of the now-cancelled soap, this book brought back loads of memories for me. It was pretty awesome to see the back stories of all the major couples--minus Theresa and Ethan that is--and how they came to the point they were at when the series began.

I have to say I sobbed when Ivy and Sam ended. As much as I love Sam and Grace together, Ivy and Sam never really had a fighting chance with
Eve
If you were a fan of the cancelled soap Passions this is a must read. I was obsessed with the show when it was good and when they book came out I had to read it wasn't disappointed at all. I would say Tabitha should write a sequel but when the show stopped being watchable I stopped watching, and tried to keep up but soon didn't care so really I don't know I would read the sequel as I have not watched the end of the show
Samantha
This book is based on the FABULOUS soap opera PASSIONS. It was written back in the day when the soap was actually good. Remember when Tabitha and Timmy ruled the show and hell was in the closet? Ah, memories...
Donna
I didn't realize until I started reading it there had been a soap based on the book...the "lasting power" of the show should have been an indicator of the quality of the book. I am finding myself consistantly disappointed by some of the things I've read recently. It's as if my expectations are unrealistically higher than they should be. I'm being underwhelmed.

This has been no exception. The stories of the Cranes, Winthrops, Bennetts, Eve & TC are reasonably well developed but what holds the
Tara
I don't know if this is still any good, considering how closely tied it was to the storylines on Passions that were current when it was published. I haven't read the newer editions, which have updated stories. The writing is actually not so great, but it's purposely trashy, just as you would expect from a soap opera inspired romance novel.
Sandy
I got this book when it first came out because I was obsessed with the show at the time. It was written by the character, Tabitha, (actually written by Alice Alfonsi) with the forward written by Timmy. The book tells secrets and back stories of the characters of Harmony.

I don't think I would like this book so much if I read it today.
Rio (Lynne)
If you were a fan of Passions, the now canceled soap opera, this book was written to tell the story the show never told. Through Tabitha, you learn about the original main character's early years. I read this 12 years ago and forgot to add it to Goodreads. It's an easy read and fun romp through the town of Harmony. RIP to all my soaps.
Manoja K.
People who are/were big fans of the show will really like this book. I remember being obsessed with the show in seventh grade which is why I bought the book. I thought it was the best book I ever read, but looking back it wasn;t the best. I just remember underlining all the dirty scenes and getting every one to read them. Ha!
Ashley
I haven't read this book since it came out but I came across it unpacking a few forgotten boxes. I remember at the time, I loved it. But since "Passions" has long been cancelled and I don't remember much of that world...I don't want to re-read it and find fault with it.
Charlotte Harness
I was a huge fan of the soap Passions and even followed it to the 101 when it was cancelled on basic tv. The book was a disappointment to me. While I found what was written to be very good and informative, I was expecting more. However it was still a good book.
Laurie V
This book uncovers the convoluted backstories of the four main families of Harmony, as told by Tabitha. The Julian/Eve affair alone is gold. It's sad to remember how good a show Passions once was. Sigh.
Melissa
It was a great book to find out background of the Characters of the soap opera Passions. However, some of the stuff in this book is not jiving with the actual soap now.

Sent to a bookcrosser
Kim Tinnen
It was the most adventerous and incredible novel I ever read even though I have watch every episode of Tabitha on the television show "Passions"
Char L
I really enjoyed this book! I was a huge fan of the show and enjoyed reading abput how it all began! A must read for any Passions fan!
Lora
Great book! Tells a lot of the backstory of the hit show Passions. My copy, I actually had signed by Galen Gering "Luis"
Whimsical
I read this in one day-it was predictable but then I really wanted an escape and this book provided it.
Ms. Rosas
I loved reading the history of all my favorite characters from Passions. I miss that show :)
♥Maria♥
...impossible to put down to the very last page. i wish tabitha lenox would write a sequel.
Amy
I used to be so addicted to this t.v. show...good times good times...
Liz Mulherin
This was steamy! I loved it!! I miss this Soap Opera!
Anita Smith
Brought back excellent memories of my college years. :-)
Anju
Feb 02, 2010 Anju is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
merdeka .. .. ..
Vanja Vuković
Vanja Vuković marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2015
Elphaba
Elphaba marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2015
Precious Semu
Precious Semu marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2015
Rebecca Koontz
Rebecca Koontz marked it as to-read
Feb 05, 2015
Kelly
Kelly added it
Jan 30, 2015
Lauri Smith
Lauri Smith marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2015
  • Haunted Waters
  • Bruja (Angel: Season 1, #8)
  • Colorado Bride
  • With You and Without You
  • Jeff Foxworthy's Redneck Dictionary: Words You Thought You Knew the Meaning Of
  • Hollywood Noir (Angel: Season 1, #6)
  • Goodnight Kiss #1-2 (Collector's Edition)
  • Impressions (Angel: Season 3, #6)
  • Coach Carter
  • Stranger to the Sun (Angel: Season 2, #2)
  • A Bride for His Convenience
  • Husbands
  • The Champion (Medieval Warriors Trilogy, #2)
  • The Summoned (Angel: Season 1, #9)
  • Shakedown (Angel: Season 1, #5)
  • Soul Trade (Angel: Season 1, #3)
  • The Way to Yesterday
  • Avatar (Angel: Season 1, #7)