Start by marking “Priscilla and Aquila” as Want to Read:
Priscilla and Aquila

Priscilla and Aquila

Priscilla has met a wonderful man, Aquila. When they marry, they make a decision that will challenge and change their lives: the decision to follow Jesus. With the help of their new friend, the Apostle Paul, they will journey together in a non-Christian, Roman world.
Published 1985 by HarperCollins

To ask other readers questions about Priscilla and Aquila, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Priscilla and Aquila

Nadine Keels
Oct 12, 2010 Nadine Keels rated it liked it
Priscilla and Aquila will experience love and untold challenges in marriage, and not only for matrimonial reasons. They'll join others in the forging of a new way of faith in a Roman world in Priscilla and Aquila, a novel by Lois T. Henderson and Harold Ivan Smith.

I've enjoyed other novels by the late Henderson about biblical figures, namely, Miriam, Ruth, and Abigail--whose stories are rather popular material for fictional retellings. I think it's safe to say that novels about Priscilla and Aqu
Leah Good
I stumbled across this book while skimming through Amazon looking for Biblical Fiction similar to Brock and Bodie Thoene's A.D. Chronicles. Lois T. Henderson, who I'd never heard of before, wrote a collection of books about women in the Bible. Intrigued, I purchased one, choosing Priscilla & Aquila because they're my favorite Bible couple.

As other reviewers have commented, one of the strength's of this novel is the author's refusal to skip over the character's struggle to reconcile tradition
Amy
Read this book several years ago but I remember liking it quite a bit. I don't think I finished it though. I was reading anything I could get my hands on and books without due dates (like church-library books such as this one) often ended up the worse for it. But I recall liking it and have never forgotten the scene at the public bath where Aquila notes the dreamy expression in Priscilla's eyes. It apparently appealed to the romantic side of the twelve, thirteen however-old I was.
Probably worth
Covenant Presbyterian Springfield Ohio
Call Number: F HEN-2

Given in memory of Barbara DEER KUSS by the KUSS Family.

Checked Out.
Meadow Frisbie
Jan 23, 2010 Meadow Frisbie rated it it was amazing
I LOVE this book. The life of the couple is so powerful and filled with their struggles and triumphs, it captures you till the end.
Bonnie
Bonnie rated it really liked it
Jun 22, 2010
Becky Hollar
Becky Hollar rated it liked it
Apr 24, 2013
Rachael Marsceau
Rachael Marsceau rated it liked it
Feb 06, 2014
Linda
Apr 26, 2017 Linda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Priscilla lived at a time when women were thought to be ignorant. They weren't praised for scholarly accomplishments. She was very fortunate to have a grandfather who taught her to read, write, and think for herself. He ignited her desire to learn and have deep conversations about many subjects.
Upon being matched with Aquila, Priscilla tries to settle into an ordinary household routine, but quickly lets Aquila know that she isn't an ordinary woman. As this couple experiences heartaches and joy
Chris
Chris rated it it was amazing
Jan 09, 2013
Twila Foust
Twila Foust rated it liked it
Aug 14, 2015
Reader
Reader rated it liked it
Feb 21, 2012
Jessica
Jessica rated it it was amazing
Apr 13, 2013
Wanda
Wanda rated it it was amazing
Mar 20, 2013
Ashley
Ashley rated it liked it
Jul 18, 2014
Melody
Melody rated it liked it
May 30, 2011
Anne
Anne rated it liked it
Oct 09, 2016
Barbra Springer
Barbra Springer rated it really liked it
Jan 26, 2014
Amber
Amber rated it it was amazing
Nov 30, 2009
Ekelzort
Ekelzort rated it it was amazing
Dec 28, 2014
Bobbie
Bobbie rated it it was ok
Feb 11, 2013
Jolene
Jolene rated it liked it
Aug 06, 2010
Carrie
Carrie rated it liked it
Dec 31, 2014
Octavia Teasley
Octavia Teasley rated it it was ok
Apr 20, 2014
Nishana
Nishana rated it really liked it
Sep 03, 2013
C.
C. rated it it was amazing
Jul 26, 2012
Katherine Johnston
Katherine Johnston rated it it was amazing
May 19, 2016
Beckabooks
Beckabooks rated it really liked it
Mar 03, 2012
Diann L. Carroll
Diann L. Carroll rated it it was amazing
Jan 14, 2015
Tisha
Tisha rated it really liked it
Aug 28, 2011
« previous 1 3 next »
Lois T. Henderson is an American author of Christian novels, many of which are dramatizations of Biblical narratives about women
More about Lois T. Henderson...