Start by marking “A Cold Creek Secret (Cowboys of Cold Creek, #7)” as Want to Read:
A Cold Creek Secret (Cowboys of Cold Creek, #7)

A Cold Creek Secret (Cowboys of Cold Creek #7)

3.78 of 5 stars 3.78  ·  rating details  ·  228 ratings  ·  38 reviews
Just back from a tour of duty, all Major Brant Western wanted was a hot meal and a warm bed. What he didn't need was the stunning socialite in disguise who'd just shown up at his family's Cold Creek ranch. Scandal trailed bad girl Mimi Van Hoyt--aka "Maura"--everywhere she went. But once Brant discovered her secret, how could he turn her away?

Being stranded in the middle o
ebook, Silhouette Special Edition
Published February 1st 2010 by Harlequin Books (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about A Cold Creek Secret, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Cold Creek Secret

Karla
"Nice" is about the only thing I can come up with to describe this one. It's horribly formulaic, not that interestingly written, and the author hits on so many typical Harley tropes and clichés that it was more like a checklist than a plot. But it was the only thing I had while waiting in a doctor's office, and it did help distract me from the local HS choirs belting out the yuletide hits in the nearby rotunda. Because I love hearing them WHEREVER I GO this time of year.

So the knocked-up runaway
Jacqueline
I really enjoyed this story of a socialite and an Army ranger home on leave. I liked both the hero and heroine. The hero was a nice man, strong and capable but willing to be open and accepting and vulnerable. The heroine, a rich society type, was shown to be trying to change her life and recover from her mistakes. It was well written and the plot made sense. The end was a bit short but only just a bit. I quite enjoyed it and am looking forward to reading more in the series.
Virginia Campbell
This is the first book that I have read from RaeAnne Thayne's extended book series, "Cold Creek Cowboys", and it won't be the last! Major Brant Western is on a leave of duty from his military tour in Afghanistan. Settling in at his snow-bound family ranch in eastern Idaho, Brant looks forward to peace and privacy, and a chance to heal from the recent battle deaths of several men under his command. His solitude is shattered by the spectacular car-crash arrival of socialite-in-disguise, Mimi Van H ...more
Victoria Sigsworth
Having read one of Reanne's Cold Creek books having discovered they are set in a certain area of America etc and really enjoying it, I decided I should read more of hers. Usually Mills and Boon are not my thing and obviously, they are written in a certain way to a certain formula. However she has also written some non- M and B's too. This one is not quite as good as the first one I read. That had a lovely cosy feel to it but this one doesn't disappoint either. If the reader reads it knowing that ...more
Tima
Mimi is running away from the paparazzi and becomes stranded during a snow storm. Brant rescues her and recognizes her immediately. But since she's using a different name he decides to play along. He thinks he can never be with someone so high-maintenance and she is sure that she'll never get her dream of living a quiet and peaceful life.

This book is a typical romance. It is going end with the couple together. So if you are looking for a sweet romantic story with a bit of drama in the middle tha
Tori
This is the kind of romance novel that makes you sigh in wonderment. One of the best romance novels I have had the pleasure of reading. I couldn’t wait to see what was going to happen next, and there are plenty of cliffhangers that will leave you salivating.
Here’s a bit about the novel:

Mimi Van Hoyt desperately needs to talk with her ex-step mother. However the timing couldn’t be more inconvenient since she finds herself caught in the midst of an Idaho snow storm. She crashes her car into a cree
Rory O'Connor
Two simple words could describe this novel: cute and clean. RaeAnne Thayne’s A Cold Creek Secret is the seventh entry into the “Cowboys of Cold Creek” series. Although it is not necessary to read them in order, there are reoccurring characters. Mimi Van Hoyt, according to the tabloids, is a rather dim, spoiled socialite who can never do the right thing. After the discovery of a surprise pregnancy, she runs away from the pressure of Hollywood – accidently running her car straight into the creek o ...more
Rachel
I received this book as a free gift from Harlequin, but I liked the cover, so it did not take me long to get around to reading it. Normally, I find Harlequin romances formulaic in format and rather predictable. This book was a bit better than most, maybe because this is the second book that I have read by RaeAnne Thayne.
I found the situation that put a Hollywood socialite at the mercy of a random cowboy / army major to be a little unbelievable, but once the plot moved past the initial stages, I
Jane
A story of a wealthy daughter who always was having her pictures in tabloid and a Major Brant Weston.
They meet because Mimi slides off road in a snow storm trying to get to her stepmother's. She needs someone place to hid out and be away for awhile and figure her life out. Her stepmother is not there.
Brant discover the real Mimi and the one the tabloids make her out to be are not the same. He falls in love with her over time. She pretends to be someone else but he figures it out.
I will not revea
Radhika
Robin
I received this book free from the Tell Harlequin reader panel. It was okay, no major issues for something in this genre. It is a very innocent romance, kissing only. The story follows the general formula for these lines. If you've read one, well...you know.

I had trouble liking the heroine, because she is a Hollywood socialite. Even though she is sweet and kind, I pictured a certain real life celebrity who gets too much press coverage and is annoying.

My only other dislike is there are too many o
Amiera
I love Mimi and Brant character. Mimi who is humble vice versa with what media describe her as bad girl. Since it about love.
But i just hope there will be more suspense or difficulty to their relationship.
Rob
Shelly
Great

heiress and a cowboy/special forces man... blizzard, lies and more in this wonderful book.. hard to put down a great book for all
Book
Jan 13, 2012 Book rated it 1 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Book by: Harlequin reader panel
Disclaimer: I got this as part of a Harlequin reader panel.

I honestly thought it was horrid. I had to result to MST3K'ing it to get through it.. One problem I thought it didn't have enough from the male lead's perspective. There was a huge gap in the thought process from her walking away to him walking in on her in his house on his return. It was like a longer book had severely gotten parts chopped away.

You can read several of my snarky comments of individual parts at my Kindle page.
Patriciaw
Take a cowboy and mash him with a military officer and you get Major Brant Western. Then, pair him with a bad-girl socialite, a la Paris Hilton but herein named Mimi Van Hoyt, and you get A Cold Creek Secret. Thayne humanized Mimi such that I rooted more for her and wanted more than anything for she and Brant to unite.

The ending felt a bit rushed to me, although it transpires some months after all seems lost. But how quickly the characters forgave and forgot, and the fact that some of the most i
Mary
My Opinion:
Cute, clean and fun. It was a sweet story of a socialite that changes her ways because she is pregnant. She wants to clean up her act and I for one liked that she wanted to change and develop. After all she had been given everything all her life and now she wanted to change for her baby. It was a sweet story of love. I enjoyed Major Brant and his delicate way he had with her. It was a sweet romance. It was not overly dramatic. The story flowed smoothly and was written well. It moved a
Polly
Lovely and really sweet.
Sandra
Ah! I was drawn into this romance right away because the action started right away. What kept me involved, though, was Mimi's secret and how the plot revolved around her knowing and Brant not knowing. It also made me wonder - if tabloid bad-gril Mimi Van Hoyt can turn out to be a secretly wholesome and great woman, what about the bad-girls we see in the tabloids today? Who knows! This was definitely a heartwarming tale that I really enjoyed straight through to the end.
Book Him Danno
Another sweet romance from Harlequin, this one was sweet and it had no sex at all. Lots of longing looks and deep kisses, but no sex. This book is set in Idaho and the starlet and a Major become close when a storm keeps them from leaving a remote ranch. Love grows with each day and the fondness between them blossoms.

If you enjoy sweet romance then this is a book for you. It is short and won't take long to read.
Gemma
Jan 03, 2012 Gemma marked it as did-not-finish  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bookcrossing
Usually I love this author, but I had a hard time connecting with the heroine. She's a beyond rich socialite (I prefer romances about ordinary people), and she had an affair with an engaged man (big no-no for me). I liked the hero, but she got on my nerves. I ended up skimming the last half.
Joy Spraycar
A great little romance with great emotion. I had a bit of a hard time with this book due to the cancer issue and the woman Jo, dying. Hit too close to home for me, and hence all the tears shed while reading. But it was a fun little book to read. I recommend it to anyone, definately rated pg13
Patrice
Jan 05, 2012 Patrice rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: romance lovers
An emotionally packed story with characters are believable and real. Brant and Mimi make an unusual pair at first. Mimi is on a tour of self-discovery while Brant is home on leave from the army Rangers and a snowstorm in Idaho brings them together in an unexpected way.
Denise
This was a book that I received as a Harlequin Ambassador. It was a really good read. A socialite shows up in the middle of a snowstorm and pretends to be someone else. The Army Major home on leave rescues her and offers refuge. Of course they fall in love. It was a good read.
Linda
I Loved This Book!I Loved The Way Mimi Took Control Of Her Life When She Was Pregnant And Marco Wanted Her To Get Rid Of The Baby! Mimi Turned From A Bubbleheaded Socialite Into A Take Charge Woman And Went After The Man That Had Saved Her From Drowning!
Kate
A nice and easy read, perfect as a stress reliever from the holiday hustle and bustle. Unfortunately, nothing extraordinary or memorable. but, RaeAnne is a master of the genre, producing a very well written and genuine tale.
Beckie
A wonderful story line that could have been ripped from the headlines of today's tabloids. RaeAnne Thayne does a great job of developing the characters and keeping the story going.
Chrystal Mahan
I post all of my reviews on my reading and writing website:
Penny
This is a light quick read. Predictable of course, but still fun to read and a cute story. If you want a change of pace, then read this book.
Mum
I really liked the characters in this story. It was a great escape. A nice little romance.
Giveaways and Con...: Two giveaways on my blog! 1 3 Jan 09, 2012 11:00AM
Book Giveaways: Two giveaways on my blog! 1 7 Jan 09, 2012 10:58AM
  • The Best Laid Plans
  • Smokin' Six-Shooter (Whitehorse, Montana: The Corbetts #4)
  • Heir to a Dark Inheritance
  • The Boss's Baby Affair
  • His Country Girl (Home on the Ranch #4)
  • More Than He Expected
  • Dakota Child
  • Pleasure, Pregnancy and a Proposition (Harlequin Presents #2809)
  • Impossible to Resist (The Men of Wolff Mountain, #3)
  • Argentinian Playboy, Unexpected Love-Child (Harlequin Presents Extra, #70)
  • Cowboys Like Us
  • Give Me a Texas Outlaw
  • The Proposal/Solid Soul
  • Surrender to a Donovan
  • A Vow to Love
  • Heat Wave
  • Wild and Wicked in Scotland (Charmed and Dangerous, #1)
  • Passion to Die For (Silhouette Romantic Suspense #1579)
I'm not one of those people who knew from birth she was destined to become a writer. I always loved to read and throughout my childhood I could usually be found with a book in my hands. To the disgust of my friends, I even enjoyed creative writing assignments that made them all groan. But I had other dreams besides writing. I wanted to be an actress or a teacher or a lawyer.

Life took a different t
More about RaeAnne Thayne...

Cowboys of Cold Creek (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Light The Stars (Cowboys of Cold Creek, #1)
  • Dancing In The Moonlight (Cowboys of Cold Creek, #2)
  • Dalton's Undoing (Cowboys of Cold Creek, #3)
  • The Cowboy's Christmas Miracle (Cowboys of Cold Creek, #4)
  • A Cold Creek Homecoming (Cowboys of Cold Creek, #5)
  • A Cold Creek Holiday (Cowboys of Cold Creek, #6)
  • A Cold Creek Baby (Cowboys of Cold Creek, #8)
  • Christmas in Cold Creek (Cowboys of Cold Creek, #9)
  • A Cold Creek Reunion (Cowboys of Cold Creek, #10)
  • A Cold Creek Noel (Cowboys of Cold Creek, #11)
Dancing In The Moonlight (Cowboys of Cold Creek, #2) Blackberry Summer (Hope's Crossing #1) Woodrose Mountain (Hope's Crossing,#2) Christmas in Snowflake Canyon (Hope's Crossing, #6) Sweet Laurel Falls (Hope's Crossing, #3)