Start by marking “Sex Appeal (Heat, #1)” as Want to Read:
Sex Appeal (Heat, #1)

Sex Appeal (Heat, #1)

3.79 of 5 stars 3.79  ·  rating details  ·  259 ratings  ·  13 reviews

Shadow Callahan was simply trying to corral ten to-die-for men when she propositioned Brent Bramwell. All the specialty shops in the mall agreed that hosting a "sexiest man" contest would bring in female shoppers. Of course, she couldn't blame Brent for getting the wrong idea, since her shop, Sex Appeal, featured and such.

Brent had always been an in-cont

Published August 1st 2004 by Harlequin Books (first published January 1st 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Sex Appeal, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sex Appeal

I hated the main characters for who they are as people and how they related and reacted to each other. That fact made this a hard read for me.

The hero was too removed. And cold. And know-it-ally. Get over yourself. And the heroine was hot and cold with no ease from one to the other. She's want to have sex, then she wouldn't. She was mad, then she wasn't. Just like that. No conflict resolution, nothing. She would just flip. It was frustrating and annoying. Reminded me of my mother, not always a g
May 08, 2008 Miss rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: fun and light romance
Adriana Fogaça
Quente e Sensual.
Lori Foster
H.C.P. Sucessos 31.

Que personagens mais fofos. Shadow é uma louquinha de marca maior. Brent por sua vez é serio avesso as novidades. Mas quando eles se conhecem tudo muda, ela que não tinha intenção de ter um relacionamento, se apaixona perdidamente por ele. Brent, que era certinho e regrado, vê sua vida virar de cabeça pra baixo, mas nem liga, porque Shadow é a mulher certa pra ele.

O único problema é que temos um admirador secreto, obsessivo que quer Shadow só p
Marblezzie (Blez)
The story was good. I didn't know why I've read some negative reviews about it. I guess it essentially depends on the one reading it, whether she has enjoyed the book or not.

I loved the characters especially Shadow Callahan. She was both droll and witty and never lets anybody put her down. She was a very straight-forward kind of person and wouldn’t back down if presented head-on with a challenge. Poor Joan didn’t stand a chance. I guess that particular trait of her which won Brent Bramwell’s
I knew who the stalker was because he was really the only suspect, but I wasn't really sure because he had an alibi. The ending didn't really tell his motivation for loving Shadow except he was crazy. I wanted to know why he became so focused on Shadow.
Not for me. Bored out of my mind. Too simplistic. Too I don't know...just not right. Might finish it, but not right now.

ETA: Finished. *long-suffering sigh*
This was the second story combined in the book scandalous. Scandalized was a better story between the two. I'm kinda disappointed in this one. But I guess all authors have their ups and downs. Not a bad story, just not her best or my fav.!
Pam Terry
I thought Sex Appeal was very cute, and I hope there is more to the series. A hairbrained easy going woman, meet rich buisnessman. A love story mixed up with a little mystery and murder...very good story
Georgik Elena
I really enjoyed this book. I liked the characters and their struggles. I was even teary eyed for a couple of moments... well, it got emotional.. :)
I really enjoyed this book but it wasn't as strong as Scandalous. But, like with all of Lori Foster's books, it was worth the read.
Cute... Really enjoyed the heroine...
scintiliating as usual
Diane Blaser
Diane Blaser marked it as to-read
Oct 09, 2015
Shelly Bissell
Shelly Bissell marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2015
Robin Venvertloh
Robin Venvertloh marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2015
Aderinola Shonekan
Aderinola Shonekan marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2015
Abyres marked it as to-read
Sep 06, 2015
Ann marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2015
Sandy marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2015
Pamela added it
Aug 18, 2015
Lori Foster's New Winston Story Featured in New Anthology 1 3 Dec 01, 2009 09:52AM
  • All Through The Night (Brava Girlfriends #1)
  • Brides of the Night (includes Twilight Vows - Wings in the Night, #6)
  • Charmed (Harmony #0.5 included; Winston Brothers #2 included)
  • Neck & Neck (Kentucky Derby, #3)
  • The Private Eye / Beguiled
  • Under His Skin
  • The Desert Virgin (Presents) (Knight Brothers, #1)
  • Draycott Eternal:What Dreams May Come & Season of Gifts (Draycott Abbey #.6 & #5)
  • Highlander Unchained, Highlander Unmasked, Highlander Untamed
  • A Highlander Christmas (Pine Creek Highlanders, #7)
  • Lunewulf Law (Lunewulf #1)
  • Servant: The Awakening (Servant, #1)
  • Night Shadow (T-FLAC, #14)
  • Winterland Destiny (Kismet, #1)
  • Time Was

Lori hosts a very special annual “Reader & Author” event in West Chester, Ohio. Proceeds fro
More about Lori Foster...
When You Dare (Men Who Walk the Edge of Honor, #1) Savor the Danger (Men Who Walk the Edge of Honor, #3) Trace of Fever (Men Who Walk the Edge of Honor, #2) A Perfect Storm (Men Who Walk the Edge of Honor, #4) Causing Havoc (SBC Fighters, #1)