Start by marking “Charming Opal (Toot and Puddle Series)” as Want to Read:
Charming Opal (Toot and Puddle Series)
Preview

Charming Opal (Toot & Puddle )

3.97 of 5 stars 3.97  ·  rating details  ·  286 ratings  ·  28 reviews
When his cousin Opal loses a tooth during a visit, Puddle dresses as the Tooth Fairy so that Opal's hope of receiving a shiny quarter will not be disappointed.
ebook
Published November 16th 2008 by Little, Brown Books for Young Readers (first published 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Charming Opal, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Charming Opal

Opal is a cousin who comes to visit Puddle. When Opal loses her tooth while swimming, Toot and Puddle to into action to find the tooth at the bottom so that Opal can put it under her pillow for the tooth fairy. Then they worry that the tooth fairy won't be able to find them so they hatch a plan so that Opal won't be disappointed. This story is so great because every child who loses a tooth can relate to the fear that the tooth fairy won't come. Young children will enjoy what good friends her cou ...more
현순 최
Opal visits her cousin, Puddle's house. Her friends and her played together at Woodcock Pocket. They eat delicious food together. One day, when Puddle was tucking Opal into bed, he finds that she has a loose tooth. Opal hopes the Tooth Fairy will bring her a shinly quarter. Puddle wears a special, fairy cloth so that she won't be disappointed. But Puddle fell asleep not pretending the Tooth Fairy. They find out Opal's tooth is already disappeared. children who are afraid of pull out their tooth ...more
Nielson
Charming indeed. In this Toot and Puddle series book, Puddle's cousin, Opal, comes to visit Woodcock Pocket. Not only is Opal excited to pick strawberries, go for walks, and smell flowers, but she is excited about her very first loose tooth! While at Pocket Pond, Opal looses her very first tooth...literally, but Toot dives to the bottom of the pond and spots Opal's lost tooth. But now that Opal has her tooth back, will the tooth fairy be able to find her in Woodcock Pocket??! This is an adorable ...more
Joe
Interesting, but not really my favorite. I know several kids who would love this take on the tooth fairy, though.
Stephanie Nawrocki
This book is an adorable story about a little pig named Opal who goes to visit her cousins Toot and Puddle. While on her visit, she looses a tooth. Opal and Toot attempt to stay awake in order to see the Tooth Fairy, but end up falling asleep. This is a great little story for little kids about losing their teeth and getting a visit from the Tooth Fairy. The illustrations are adorable, full of color, and go great with the story. Kids will love this book and love looking at the pictures. I would d ...more
Margaret
Holly Hobbie is so much fun. We started with a Christmas one and now we have a delightful story about the tooth fairy. She is so talented and I cannot wait to keep adding to our collection. I have the biggest respect for authors that illustrate their own and Holly Hobbie is a favorite.

*Thanks to Little Brown for providing a copy for review.*

Originally posted: http://creativemadnessmama.com/blog/2...
Amanda
Mar 14, 2009 Amanda rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: parents of kids of tooth losing age
Shelves: kid-s-books
This is a cute story of Opal, Puddle's cousin, visiting him and Toot and losing her first tooth. Toot and Puddle are concerned that the Tooth Fairy won't find Opal while she's on vacation and so try to stay up so that if she doesn't show, they can fill in. While the details are sketchy (no child will stop believing in the Tooth Fairy from this book), it all works out in the end.
Rosa Cline
Toot and Puddle books are so very cute! And in this one they invite their little cousin to come and visit them. So very sweet! The way they take care of her and have fun! Then she looses her very first tooth and the way Toot and Puddle make sure the tooth fairy finds her because she's not at her home.. sweet, sweet...
Megan MacDonald
A fun story that all children can relate to! This silly book uses pigs as characters and shows Opal, the main charchter, dealing with a loose tooth and what happens when it finally falls out in Pocket Pond! This book is a fun, adventurous read that will encourage students to be brave about changes such as losing their teeth.
Kristine Pratt
Cousin Opal is coming to visit and the challenge is not just how to keep her entertained, but how to deal with her loose tooth. Some wonderful solutions are presented here, making this the perfect book for someone who is about to lose their first tooth and is worried about it.
Eyehavenofilter
Opal is the cutest little doll faced piglet that comes to visit Toot and loses her tooth in the process so he and Puddle make sure there is something from the tooth fairy, so Opal isn't disappointed. I loved her hat, I want one!
Danielle
This book is so sweet. I love this series. It is long but might work in a lost tooth storytime with several short books.
Anne
Opal is delightful. We revisited this book after a losing a tooth. It's my favoite with Toot and Puddle although I love the original Toot and Puddle too.
Andrea Wilkinson
The Toot & Puddle book have charming illustrations brimming with expression. The story is also charming where the characters really care about one another.
Heather Richard
LOVE the watercolor illustrations, and the tooth fairy story is perfect for my kids...a little bit of magic and some reality...nice!!!!
Aimee
Cute little book about Charming Opal who goes to visit some family and loses a tooth. How will the toothfairy find her?
Krissy
I was skeptical of a new character at first, but...not to worry. Opal is...charming. Who doesn't love a good tooth fairy story?
Heidi Petterson
So sweet and Opal is not only very charming but wonderfully positive, too! We love all of the Toot and Puddle books!
Lindsay
Again, 4 1/2 stars. Such a cute story about losing teeth! Opal is indeed charming, but so are Toot and Puddle.
Melanie
Charming illustrations and a cute story about a little pig who loses (and then loses!) a tooth!
Christina
Great book about the tooth fairy! Love the artwork by Holly Hobbie!
Max and Meredith
i likd it because i am excited about losing a tooth
Jocelin
A charming entry in the Toot & Puddle series.
Audrey Hill
SPOILER ALERT: The tooth fell into the water.
Kirsten
Love the books by this author!!!!
Debrarian
Opal visits and loses a tooth.
Kati
  • Shoe-La-La!
  • Blossom Comes Home
  • Oh, What A Busy Day!
  • The Storm Book

Toot & Puddle (1 - 10 of 20 books)
  • Toot & Puddle (Toot and Puddle)
  • Toot & Puddle: A Present for Toot
  • Toot & Puddle: You Are My Sunshine
  • Toot & Puddle: Puddle's ABC
  • I'll Be Home For Christmas (Toot & Puddle)
  • Toot & Puddle: Top of the World
  • Toot & Puddle: The New Friend
  • Toot & Puddle: Wish You Were Here
  • Toot & Puddle: The One and Only
  • Toot & Puddle: Let It Snow
Toot & Puddle (Toot and Puddle) I'll Be Home For Christmas (Toot & Puddle) Toot & Puddle: You Are My Sunshine Toot & Puddle: Let It Snow Toot & Puddle: Top of the World