Start by marking “Café Latte Rhapsody” as Want to Read:
Café Latte Rhapsody

Café Latte Rhapsody

A bookstore employee, Serizawa -- a short, comical, and adorable young man -- spots Keito -- a immensely tall and intense-eyed man -- in the store. It was a love at first sight for Serizawa! However, Serizawa realizes that Keito is extremely shy and meek. What's holding him back? Can Keito overcome his shyness and show his true feelings?
Published September 8th 2010 by Digital Manga Publishing (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Café Latte Rhapsody, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Café Latte Rhapsody

MaDoReader
3 Básicamente porque es mega dulce.
No es el estilo de BL que más me gusta, pero son muy monos y me sabría mal dar 2.
Sophie
Aug 28, 2011 Sophie rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga, manga-bl, ifs
This is extremely sweet and cute - so much so that I can understand people not liking it. I, however, loved it - I read it mostly because of the bookstore setting, but I loved the sheer sweetness of it. It's very cute, and I think a great pick-me-up story.
Claire-Rose
Dec 20, 2014 Claire-Rose rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Warming and sugary sweet, just like a lovely latte. This adorable manga is one of my favourites; recomended and loaned out a fair few times!
Chibineko
Apr 15, 2011 Chibineko rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, comics, manga, cute, funny, yaoi
I picked this up during my last visit to Borders. I've been kind of burnt out on yaoi & BL for a while, but since the price was right (70% going out of business sale) I figured hey, why not?

This was just an incredibly cute & sweet manga. While the story doesn't really swerve that much from the typical manga fare, there's enough here to make it stand out. I loved the interactions between our leading men & the way the artwork brought out their emotions. It was also nice to see that the
Stéphanie
Jul 28, 2011 Stéphanie rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga, owned
J'ai failli passer à côté !! Au début le résumé de la quatrième de couverture et les dessins ne m'inspiraient pas du tout. Mais au final, quelle bonne surprise !!

L'histoire est simple, mignonne et rafraichissante, sans être neuneu ! Au contraire ce manga nous parle d'amour et de possessivité de manière intelligente, sans pourtant tomber dans le dramatique. Les personnages sortent des clichés habituels du yaoi, et sont très attachants. Quant aux dessins, ils sont plutôt pas mal au final, pas tra
JM
BL manga. The first time Serizawa sees Keito in the bookstore where he works, he's alarmed by his height and sharp glare. But it only takes moments for him to begin to realise that Keito's sharpness is an accident, entirely at odds with his shy and awkward personality.

Ugh, this one is so goddamned appealing and sweet, Keito with his awkward bashfulness and Serizawa with his insecurities and kind-yet-dishonest ready smile. Also: freckles! I am so weak for freckles. Also also: a scene involving ki
Kelsey
Jul 09, 2012 Kelsey rated it it was amazing
This manga is extremely cute without passing into over fluffiness. There are some suprising hidden depths in each character including the side characters at some points when they do something a little unexpected. I don't think I dislike any character in this manga. Even the gold digging ex-boyfriend isn't completely unlikeable. The theme of appearance not matching personality works very well on both main characters and fits nicely with the story.
Bianca
Apr 24, 2011 Bianca added it
I'm trying to get into yaoi again since it's adorable, and this story did seem to try its hardest to be adorable incarnate, but it was a try-hard thing. It was far too cliche and unbelievable for me, and there wasn't much of a conflict really. This is good for fangirls though, romance and gooey stuff make up approximately 90% of this story.
Fitz
Mar 31, 2016 Fitz rated it it was amazing
Shelves: boy-s-love, bulumanga
A very heartwarming story. This story is fluffy as sweet latte and I love it. This brings me to tears. So much love and cuddliness in this manga it makes me think how looks can be deceiving for a guy who is tall and manly who could be soft as a pillow. Amazing art and story. Recommend
May 06, 2016 Sarah rated it it was amazing
Ive read this one so many times its probably not healthy anymore. The whole thing is just so cute. From Hajimes freckles, to all the blushing and misunderstandings.

And the ART - I just LOVE Touko Kawais style. I will never get enough of her manga.
Kayla
Oct 14, 2012 Kayla rated it liked it
Saccharine story about an unbelievably shy guy who runs away crying after hooking up with a bookstore clerk. Clearly not enough plot. At any rate, since it was the first yaoi I read, I bump it up a star!...Please don't stone me...
Lissa
May 22, 2014 Lissa rated it really liked it
Shelves: yaoi
Sweet love story. Not really any deep plots, just a sweet pick-me-up navigating the relationship between a guy who's short with a harsh opinion of himself, and another who is tall with low self-esteem.
Nova
Feb 10, 2014 Nova rated it liked it
Shelves: yaoi
How sweet! Reading this was like drinking latte.
Sami
Feb 27, 2012 Sami rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Sweet, fluffy, mindless romance. It's good for the 'awwws'. No literary masterpiece, just cute.
Jessica
Jun 21, 2011 Jessica rated it really liked it
i like this author . The story and the drawing are soo beautiful.
Mely
Mar 25, 2011 Mely marked it as read-seq-art
Shelves: manga, yaoi
Adorable fluff.
Maximina Rios
Jun 14, 2015 Maximina Rios rated it it was amazing
it's very adorable, especially their characters which makes them perfect for each other.
Sophie
This is one of the sweetest things I have ever read. It's sweet enough to make your teeth ache, almost, but I declare this to be the perfect pick-me-up. Adorable, really.
Victoria
Jul 16, 2015 Victoria rated it really liked it
sickly sweet, adorable story.
Amy
Amy rated it it was amazing
Dec 07, 2015
dale
dale rated it really liked it
Oct 09, 2014
Lamael Corsica
Lamael Corsica rated it really liked it
Apr 18, 2014
Mai Kurotaka
Mai Kurotaka rated it it was amazing
Apr 09, 2012
Céline Vacheyroux
Céline Vacheyroux rated it really liked it
Aug 07, 2015
Hoa Anh
Hoa Anh rated it it was amazing
Sep 13, 2013
Rosemarie
Rosemarie rated it liked it
May 08, 2012
Kitty
Kitty rated it it was amazing
Aug 15, 2014
Morgana_lefay
Morgana_lefay rated it it was amazing
Jun 29, 2012
Zapa
Zapa rated it liked it
Apr 20, 2013
Josephine
Josephine rated it really liked it
Aug 13, 2011

Associated Names :
川唯东子
KAWAI Töko
KAWAI Toko

Does not wish for her illustrations to be uploaded anywhere on the net without her permission.

Likes: Alcohol.
Dislikes: Tiring things and sweat.
More about Touko Kawai...