Start by marking “Magnate's Make-Believe Mistress (Silhouette Desire, #1955)” as Want to Read:
Magnate's Make-Believe Mistress (Silhouette Desire, #1955)

Magnate's Make-Believe Mistress (Silhouette Desire, #1955)

3.25  ·  Rating Details  ·  118 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews
Her new client was devilishly handsome, superbly charming...and absolutely hiding something. Why else would a man as rich and powerful as Cristo Veron have any interest in the cleaning services of lowly Isabelle Browne? Her suspicions were confirmed when she discovered his real reason for hiring her. And suddenly, she was agreeing to a preposterous proposition....
Cristo w
Published July 1st 2009 by Silhouette Desire (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Magnate's Make-Believe Mistress, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Magnate's Make-Believe Mistress

Dianna
Cristo’s sister is getting married, but there’s a problem. Cristo’s soon to be brother in law informs him that some crazy Australian woman has left a message on his phone that she’s pregnant and he’s the daddy. Even if it’s untrue I have no idea why anyone would willingly reveal something like this to a prospective in law, it doesn’t seem like something a sensible person would do. If I were Cristo I’d be having a quiet word with my sister about polluting their gene pool with such idiocy, and ign ...more
Starbubbles
Aug 16, 2013 Starbubbles rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
This was actually fairly bad. I would get lost in what was happening next. Things seemed so disjointed. A random box of puppies? I might as well of had been telling this story. It would have been just as confusing.
Elizabeth

If you like billionaire stories, you might like this one. Having read a few, I’m finding the story lines so implausible and lacking intricacy that I don’t need to more. Not a bad book, but not my thing. The sister of our billionaire Christon is getting married when her fiance receives a mysterious call regarding a woman claiming she is carrying his baby. So of course the fiance asks Christon to sort it out.
Christon goes to find the woman, Isabelle. But she’s not pregnant, her sister is. And th
Jess
Despite the mistaken identity and disparate economic circumstances, this was mostly just about people who liked each other figuring out to be together. I liked it.
Harlequin Historical
Bronwyn is a favorite of mine and she didn't disappoint with Isabelle and Cristo story.

Cristo hires Isabelle under false pretenses. He must discover the truth about her or ruin his sister's marriage plans. Only he didn't expect to be so overwhelmed by her very presence in his life. Sparks, heat, and deep longing pour off the pages but Bronwyn also keeps the story moving at a very comfortable pace.

Good read.
Holly
Aug 25, 2009 Holly rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A sweet story, though I did find myself becoming somewhat irritated over the timeline. It may be time for me to take a break from these Harlequins for a few days.

I liked both the hero and heroine. I expected the hero to take longer to come around or to act like more of a jerk, but in the end I was satisfied with his behavior.
Vi
May 10, 2011 Vi rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
A contemporary re-telling of Cinderella. A quick read which I like about the categories. I enjoyed it. Hero was an alpha without veering off into the A**Hole territory. There is no certified villain characters- everyone was more or less a normal person making mistakes and such.
Lauren Acton
this was the other book i won as part of the SBTB "save the contemporary" campaign. it's a cute, modern cinderella tale. i enjoyed it while reading it, but i doubt the characters or plot will stay with me for long.
Jan
Not bad for a story featuring a magnate and a mistress. Not extremely memorable either though.
Donna
Good story, interesting characters. But seems jumpy, didnt flow as well as I would have liked.
Rebecca Dean
Jul 25, 2013 Rebecca Dean rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great Romance read. A classic "Cinderella" story with all its fun and twists in a modern way.
April Dinucci
cute and quick, like reading a modern brittish Pretty Woman!
Stacy Boyd
Always love Bronwyn's books! Classic alpha male romance.
Jan 08, 2012 Laura rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
good book liked it
Sheila Mato
Sheila Mato marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2016
Rohini
Rohini marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2016
Tejashwini
Tejashwini marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2016
Diana
Diana marked it as to-read
May 13, 2016
Motheo Thapelo
Motheo Thapelo marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2016
Basia_Magda
Basia_Magda rated it liked it
Mar 17, 2016
Morgan
Morgan added it
Mar 15, 2016
Engy
Engy rated it liked it
Mar 04, 2016
Marcia McNally
Marcia McNally rated it really liked it
Mar 02, 2016
Wanda Sabin
Wanda Sabin rated it really liked it
Feb 29, 2016
Meghan
Meghan rated it it was ok
May 27, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Valente's Baby (Valente, #3; Billionaires and Babies, #5)
  • Playboy Boss, Live-In Mistress
  • Millionaire in Command
  • The Billionaire's Baby Negotiation
  • Bachelor's Bought Bride (Kings of the Boardroom #5)
  • The Boss's Baby Affair (Billionaires and Babies, #12)
  • Ruthless Awakening
  • Burning Up (Harlequin Blaze, #380)
  • Traded to the Sheikh
  • The Virgin's Price
  • Tempted Into The Tycoon's Trap  (The Hudsons of Beverly Hills, #2)
  • From Playboy to Papa! (Silhouette Desire, #1987) (Man of the Month)
  • Have Me
  • Power Play
  • Hot Boss, Wicked Nights
  • The Greek Tycoon's Reluctant Bride
  • What Happens in Charleston... (Dynasties: The Kincaids #2)
  • The Part-Time Wife
Bestselling and award-winning author Bronwyn Jameson grew up on an Australian farm where she developed a lifelong love of animals and the written word. Happily she was able to marry the two working as a rural journalist before a magazine article introduced her to Romance Writers of Australia and the possibility of a new career writing the books she loved to read.

After five years, a handful of cont
More about Bronwyn Jameson...