Magnate's Make-Believe Mistress (Silhouette Desire, #1955)

Magnate's Make-Believe Mistress (Silhouette Desire, #1955)

3.33 of 5 stars 3.33  ·  rating details  ·  90 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Her new client was devilishly handsome, superbly charming...and absolutely hiding something. Why else would a man as rich and powerful as Cristo Veron have any interest in the cleaning services of lowly Isabelle Browne? Her suspicions were confirmed when she discovered his real reason for hiring her. And suddenly, she was agreeing to a preposterous proposition....
Cristo w...more
Published July 1st 2009 by Silhouette Desire (first published January 1st 2009)

Starbubbles
This was actually fairly bad. I would get lost in what was happening next. Things seemed so disjointed. A random box of puppies? I might as well of had been telling this story. It would have been just as confusing.
Elizabeth

If you like billionaire stories, you might like this one. Having read a few, I’m finding the story lines so implausible and lacking intricacy that I don’t need to more. Not a bad book, but not my thing. The sister of our billionaire Christon is getting married when her fiance receives a mysterious call regarding a woman claiming she is carrying his baby. So of course the fiance asks Christon to sort it out.
Christon goes to find the woman, Isabelle. But she’s not pregnant, her sister is. And th...more
Harlequin Historical
Bronwyn is a favorite of mine and she didn't disappoint with Isabelle and Cristo story.

Cristo hires Isabelle under false pretenses. He must discover the truth about her or ruin his sister's marriage plans. Only he didn't expect to be so overwhelmed by her very presence in his life. Sparks, heat, and deep longing pour off the pages but Bronwyn also keeps the story moving at a very comfortable pace.

Good read.
Holly
A sweet story, though I did find myself becoming somewhat irritated over the timeline. It may be time for me to take a break from these Harlequins for a few days.

I liked both the hero and heroine. I expected the hero to take longer to come around or to act like more of a jerk, but in the end I was satisfied with his behavior.
Vi
A contemporary re-telling of Cinderella. A quick read which I like about the categories. I enjoyed it. Hero was an alpha without veering off into the A**Hole territory. There is no certified villain characters- everyone was more or less a normal person making mistakes and such.
Lauren Acton
this was the other book i won as part of the SBTB "save the contemporary" campaign. it's a cute, modern cinderella tale. i enjoyed it while reading it, but i doubt the characters or plot will stay with me for long.
Jan
Not bad for a story featuring a magnate and a mistress. Not extremely memorable either though.
Donna
Good story, interesting characters. But seems jumpy, didnt flow as well as I would have liked.
Rebecca Dean
Great Romance read. A classic "Cinderella" story with all its fun and twists in a modern way.
April Dinucci
cute and quick, like reading a modern brittish Pretty Woman!
Stacy Boyd
Always love Bronwyn's books! Classic alpha male romance.
good book liked it
Mercy Joyce
Mercy Joyce marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2014
Kristen
Kristen marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2014
Kate
Kate marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2014
Desi Alonso
Desi Alonso marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2014
Zlatathebookworm
Zlatathebookworm marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2014
Jennifer Faust
Jennifer Faust marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2014
Moemoe
Moemoe marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2014
Snowwhite
Snowwhite marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Bestselling and award-winning author Bronwyn Jameson grew up on an Australian farm where she developed a lifelong love of animals and the written word. Happily she was able to marry the two working as a rural journalist before a magazine article introduced her to Romance Writers of Australia and the possibility of a new career writing the books she loved to read.

After five years, a handful of cont...more
More about Bronwyn Jameson...
Vows & A Vengeful Groom (Diamonds Down Under, Book 1) (Silhouette Desire #1843) Skandal Cinta Putri Bos (In Bed with the Boss's Daughter) The Bought-and-Paid-for Wife (Secret Lives of Society Wives, #4) (Silhouette Desire, #1743) Zane: The Wild One The Rich Stranger