Start by marking “Never Look Back (Phantom Hollow Series #2)” as Want to Read:
Never Look Back (Phantom Hollow Series #2)

Never Look Back (Phantom Hollow #2)

Forgiveness is one thing, but who really forgets? Ivy Griffith has been released from jail after serving time for covering up the strangulation death of a high school classmate ten years earlier.
Published October 16th 2007 by Multnomah

To ask other readers questions about Never Look Back, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Never Look Back

Rena
Mar 02, 2017 Rena rated it did not like it
Worst book I've read maybe ever. Terrible writing, cheesy, and mindless. I felt like I was reading a made for TV movie. Just not my thing.
Maurice Jr.
Feb 01, 2017 Maurice Jr. rated it it was amazing
Excellent read!

After serving six months for covering up a murder, Ivy Griffith is now a free woman. She's determined to keep on a good path and to raise her now seven-year-old son Montana as well as possible, with the help of her parents. It took awhile for them to warm up to her after her ten years of drug addiction, but they are now convinced she's past it. Her brother Rusty however, is not. He's cold and distant to his once beloved sister because of the hell she put the family through, and h
Vera Godley
May 28, 2012 Vera Godley rated it really liked it
Ivy Griffith has been in prison because she covered up the death of a high school classmate ten years ago. Having gained control over her drug habit and having paid her debt to society for her crime, she wants to begin afresh.

In her heart beats that of a loving mother of her seven-year-old son, Montana, and Ivy wants to keep him safe from her past and give him a safe future. But Montana needs and wants a male influence in his life and that influence presents himself in the form of Rue Kessler.

Is
Elaine
May 28, 2009 Elaine rated it it was ok
Quote from this book: "Let us never be deceived into thinking that the magnitude of our sin negates His grace, for grace just abounds all the more."

While I love the reminders of God's grace, I thought this book was predictable and a bit puerile but that could have more to do with the Christian book aspect. Ivy tells Rue, a stranger to her and her young son that he can't take her son out alone and then feels the need to justify her reasons as though she was guilty of hurting Rue's feelings. She
Laura Hix
Jun 02, 2012 Laura Hix rated it really liked it
Shelves: all-my-books
While the characters of this book were pretty boring, the book itself was very good.
I loved the message it had on forgiveness of others and forgiving yourself.

This was a great easy read, and one that lifted my spirits.

I am anxious to read the rest of the series.

Being the second in a trilogy, the book can also stand alone, and I love that in sequels.

The story was kind of predictable. By the middle of the book, the mystery was clear as day.

But for the non-heavy, easy read, I really enjoyed Never
Tammy
May 27, 2011 Tammy rated it liked it
Shelves: series
This is the second book in the "Phantom Hollow" series. I read the first book and wasn't blown away by it. I found the first one very predictable but I also was drawn into the lives of the characters so I decided to finish the series.

I liked this book a bit more than the first. Even though I still didn't find it suspenseful, this time I thought the ending would be different than it turned out to be.
JoAnn
I really enjoyed the 2nd book in Kathy Herman's Phantom Hollow series. I like the characters and each new one that has been brought in and how they connect. Kathy is great with her twists and turns in each of her books. I highly recommend this book and series from Kathy and I look forward to finishing the series with the next book The Grand Scheme.
Mary
Sep 16, 2011 Mary added it
Although this book is a little bit predictable at times, they are quick reads and hard to put down once you get started. I'm enjoying the character development and the messages the book sends. My mother-in-law lent me the first book and I didn't even realize it was a series until I found the next book at the library!
Sonja
Apr 11, 2008 Sonja rated it liked it
Found this on the new book shelves at the library. Christian fiction, but only because they talk about praying and God working in our lives. It was ok, quick read, but I figured out all the "twists and turns" before they actually happened. Which is part of the reason I do not read a lot of mysteries.
Mrs. Mendiola
Jun 30, 2008 Mrs. Mendiola rated it really liked it
Awesome follow up to Ever Present Danger. Her writing is so much fun to read. I easily get lost in the world of Jacob's Ear. The messages and storylines in the book are so captivating. And the suspense she throws in just puts the icing on the cake! I will read anything this woman writes.
Deborah
Jul 26, 2016 Deborah rated it really liked it
This was an enjoyable book. I didn't realize when I picked it up that it was the second book in a trilogy but I am looking forward to reading the third book. I loved the characters.
Shannon Clark
Aug 14, 2011 Shannon Clark rated it really liked it
Shelves: not-reviewed-yet
I didn't realize it was a series book(#2), so I'll have to get #1. It was a good Christian based book.
Melanie
Mar 23, 2013 Melanie rated it really liked it
A heartwarming reminder of God's forgiveness
Sandy McCarthy
Jan 26, 2013 Sandy McCarthy rated it really liked it
Great book about life and forgiveness. Living out your Christianity in the real world!
Karen
Jul 27, 2011 Karen rated it really liked it
I really liked this book. Now I do have to read the other two in this series.
Melissa
Mar 10, 2008 Melissa rated it really liked it
Second in a Christian mystery series. Not as good as the first, but definitely worth reading.
Pamela Leinenweaver
Mar 11, 2013 Pamela Leinenweaver rated it it was amazing
Awesome just awesome
Angela
Jul 05, 2010 Angela rated it it was amazing
Shelves: adult, mystery
great 3-book series
Sharon Archer
The second in the series...a bit more preachy than I would like...not as good as the first...I will finish the series.
Kitty
Apr 18, 2011 Kitty rated it it was amazing
I loved this one. I had never read anything by Kathy Herman until this one. My husband ordered book 1 and 3 for me as well and I am waiting for them to arrive. I am a new fan of Kathy Herman.
Anita Hammond
Jul 14, 2010 Anita Hammond added it
Recommends it for: Christians, those who like light mysteries, those who like clean dialog.
Shelves: finished
I read this series out of order, so i had a hard time keeping things straight, but I did like most of the characters and was very pleased that Momtana ended up with a complete family.
Julian
May 13, 2014 Julian rated it it was amazing
A very good book and full of suspense!!!
Jack
Aug 31, 2011 Jack rated it really liked it
Great plot twist with intriguing characters.
Rebecca
Oct 06, 2011 Rebecca rated it it was amazing
Very talanted author, I want to read more of her books.
Marti
Marti rated it liked it
Mar 28, 2011
Janet
Janet rated it liked it
Nov 03, 2010
Mary
Mary rated it really liked it
Jul 09, 2014
Amy Steinhofer
Amy Steinhofer rated it it was amazing
Oct 13, 2015
Virginia Moosbauer
Virginia Moosbauer rated it it was amazing
Jul 23, 2011
Kiisha Vicknair
Kiisha Vicknair rated it really liked it
Jul 16, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Crimson Eve (Kanner Lake Series #3)
  • Life Everlasting (Santee, #2)
  • Flash Point (In a Heartbeat #2)
  • Abduction (A Shefford-Johnson Case, #1)
  • The Road Home
  • Finding Marie (Frasier Island Series #2)
  • Shadow of Doubt (Newpointe 911, #2)
  • To Write a Wrong (Justice Seekers, #2)
  • A Quarter for a Kiss (The Million Dollar Mysteries, #4)
  • Wounds
  • The Baby Chronicles
Best-selling suspense novelist Kathy Herman has written twenty novels—including the Secrets or Roux River Bayou Series, Sophie Trace Series, the Seaport Suspense Series, and the Phantom Hollow Series—since retiring from her family’s Christian bookstore business. She and her husband, Paul, have three grown children and live in Tyler, Texas.
More about Kathy Herman...

Phantom Hollow (3 books)
  • Ever Present Danger (Phantom Hollow Series, #1)
  • The Grand Scheme