Start by marking “Full Speed (Full Series, #3)” as Want to Read:
Full Speed (Full Series, #3)

Full Speed (Full #3)

3.79  ·  Rating Details  ·  9,993 Ratings  ·  198 Reviews
Dear Reader,

Welcome to the world of Jamie Swift and Max Holt! My good friend Charlotte Hughes and I have teamed up to create a series of books featuring these two characters and they've taken on a life of their own! These books are not set in the same world as my Stephanie Plum novels, but what they have in common is lovable, dysfunctional characters, villains you love to
Published April 1st 2010 by St. Martin's Paperbacks (first published September 1st 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Full Speed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Full Speed

Tiffunee
Nov 27, 2012 Tiffunee rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Newspaper editor Jamie Swift likes a little predictability in her life. When she suddenly finds herself minus a fiancé and with a major case of the hots for her silent partner, millionaire Maximillian Holt, any bit of predictability goes right out the window. Max is like a tornado, turning her well-ordered world upside down. Now someone’s unhappy with Max’s recent business deal—dangerously unhappy.

Posing as husband and wife, with computer genius Muffin and a mutt named Fleas along for the ride,
Carrie
So, I've decided that this series is similar to manga; each book is like a chapter and you end up reading them one after the other in order to get the whole story! It's been a fun story so far, what with the talking car, the inept mafia hit men, swear jars, vintage mustangs, and now the dog that doesn't like country music...
Cyndi McGinnes
Jul 08, 2015 Cyndi McGinnes rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Mobsters, mayhem and a mutt...oh my! Really fun read!
Kristine
Jan 27, 2012 Kristine rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio-library
This book is not nearly as funny as the Stephanie Plum series. The humorous sidekick (Dave) is just annoying and doesn't compare to Lula. Overall it was pretty flat.
Cindy
Feb 07, 2012 Cindy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyed this next installment in the 'Full' series - the interplay between Jamie and Max makes this a lot of fun. I will certainly be on the lookout for the next one.
Skippypeanuts
Usually I really like Janet Eavonovich's books, but this one made me cringe. The main character seems to have to rely on others to get her out of problems and situations. At one point it's mentioned that there multiple police officers around, but she talks to one, realizes he's dirty, and gives up. Doesn't announce to the giant crowd of people that's she's being kidnapped, just willingly gets back in the car with her kidnapper. What the hell?! She's supposed to be an intelligent person and she j ...more
Julie
Jan 24, 2015 Julie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery, romance, 2015
I had a difficult time getting into this book. Half way through I even put it down for around a year. When I picked it back up a few days ago I found the story more enjoyable and even manged to finish it. I did find the story predictable, but still enjoyable.

I'm not sure what it is, but recently my favorite characters in books I have read are the animals. This is another one of those. There is a bloodhound named Fleas who really is the best part of the book. He goes everywhere with the main char
Pat
Feb 16, 2009 Pat rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Pat by: no one
You have to read the whole "Full Series" - it's addictive
Kari Anderson
The Full Box is a four-book audio set. I previously listened to and reviewed Full House here on KariAnnAlysis. It was one of the first audio books I listened to. I’ll always turn to Janet Evanovich when I need a good, light read. That’s why I was thrilled when I found the rest of this series in a complete box.

Here’s a short synopsis of each book:

Full Tilt: Jamie Swift’s newspaper is running on fumes. If something doesn’t turn around soon, she will have to stop the presses. Her silent partner Max
Sandy
Aug 04, 2009 Sandy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was WAY better than the last two installments. It actually managed to grab my attention and hold it until the end. I just started it yesterday so it's a quick read. I like how it's shaped more like a romantic suspense book than a mystery book. I'm kind of disappointed we don't get to revisit the other characters from the first book, Max's cousin Nick and his wife Billie. This book is fast-paced, there's lots of action, lots of deception and fun, memorable characters. I don't recommend ...more
Ivonne Rovira
I enjoyed Full Tilt, although not as much as I do the books in Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum series. However, I knew it would be unfair to hold Max and Jamie to such a high standard. At any rate, I liked millionaire (or is it billionaire?) Max Holt and small-time newspaper publisher Jamie Swift enough to hurry and order the sequel, Full Speed.

I tried to like it. I really, really did. But Max's and Jamie's behavior becomes so outlandishly stupid and the Elmer Gantry-style preacher who figures
Courtnie
Jun 11, 2012 Courtnie rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012, reviewed, mystery
I waivered between 2 and 3 stars, so I'm going to say 2.5. Max and Jamie have enough chemistry and fun to keep reading the series, but I had my doubts until about half way through this book. There are moments of 'really good' and there are moments of 'totally lame'. I sort of wish that "Muffin", the "Kit" like computer-in-the-car-companion, would experience the blue screen of doom and have to be overhauled. She is probably the lame part of this book and I rarely find her humorous. Jamie and the ...more
Julie
Jul 14, 2012 Julie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the third book in the "Full " series. Full Speed, written by Janet Evanovich and Charlotte Hughes, is a light romantic crime novel. Jamie and Max are on the outs with each other. Max is looking into a corrupt minister. Jamie wants a good story for her paper. So, they team up again to see what mob ties the minister has and where that leads them.
I would have enjoyed the book more if I hadn't felt like I was missing something by not having read the previous book. Most of the background is e
Darla Stokes
This is the 3rd in the light mystery series featuring reporter Jamie Swift and millionaire playboy Max Holt. IIRC (it's been a few years), it's based on a romance Janet Evanovich wrote back in her Loveswept days. Jamie and Max didn't, however, live happily ever after--they keep skirting around the issue, irritating each other, working together, and occasionally losing control and succumbing to a clinch or two.

This time, they're after a crooked evangelist who's mob-connected--the same mob that tr
Linda
Feb 24, 2009 Linda rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was on my 2009 TBR challenge. I picked up this book because I needed some light reading. I had just finished reading Snowflower And The Secret Fan and it profoundly touched me, yet left me feeling like nothing could quite live up to it. So I figured he Evanovitch novel would be fun. Afterall, she writes those wonderful Stephanie Plum novels.

Evanovitch actually co-authored this one (with Charlotte Hughes?). I almost stopped reading it because I was not comfortable with the topic of an evil p
Tara
This third book of the full series once again follows Jamie and Max. It starts hours after the last one ended and somehow the relationship of the two main characters has changed. Jamie starts drifting in to the TSTL lane on the plot device highway. I'm all for story women. Just not women with more more determination than brains. I mean I get that Jamie is a journalist at heart but really the story she was chasing wasn't interesting enough to prostitute herself out for. I mean I'm pretty sure Chr ...more
Valerie Andrews
Jamie and Max are at it again, trying to hunt down the televangelist they believe is responsible for attacks on their lives. Can Jamie successfully pull off the sex addict in need of spiritual counseling? Will Max pass as an electrician's assistant? Will they figure out they're being played by the guy who's really after them?

This is a fun series, with lots of action, characters that are smart and funny, and the always-looming threat of romance.
Kris - My Novelesque Life
3 STARS

"Mysterious, sexy Maximillian Holt is determined to discover why a Tennessee preacher wants him dead. Newspaper publisher Jamie Swift's predictable life was shaken up when Max arrived in her home town, and now she won't let him leave without her. He promises her the ride of a lifetime, but neither expects the danger and intrigue they find - or the sheer excitement..." (From Amazon)

Hilarious...for all Evanovich fans!
Louise
Apr 10, 2009 Louise rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: women-s-fiction
I can't say this enough but....This lady can write!! This newer series of Jamie Swift and Max Holt is great!

From back cover:

"Jamie and Max have intense chemistry-even though they drive each other crazy. Max thinks Jamie is a magnet for trouble and Jamie thinks Max is the most annoyingly sexy, mysterious man she's ever met. She knows she should stay away from him. But boy, oh boy, do the sparks fly when they get together. Jamie is a newspaper owner from a small Southern town. And in FULL SPEED, s
Beth Smith
If you are a Janet Evanovich fan who listens to audiobooks, this series is hard to listen to after the Stephanie Plum books. The same woman reads them both. Jamie Swift and Stephanie have the same voice. Its too hard. I kept waiting for Ranger to show up. Bad choice on someone's part, IMHO. As for the story itself...its the wonderful fluff you expect from these books.
Brian Howard
Jul 09, 2014 Brian Howard rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I quit after 50 pages; poor writing and lame characters. I just picked up the 18th Plum novel and look forward to it. This putting your name on top in large print and giving the co-author small print has to stop, as it is obvious the co-author did most of the poor writing. Patterson is the biggest con in this regard, coming out with 2-3 novels a month. Yeah, right!
Judy Collins
Like Stephanie Plum series better - but always drama with Max and Jamie! Jamie and Max have intense chemistry-even though they drive each other crazy. Max thinks Jamie is a magnet for trouble and Jamie thinks Max is the most annoyingly sexy, mysterious man she's ever met. She knows she should stay away from him. But boy, oh boy, do the sparks fly when they get together. Jamie is a newspaper owner from a small southern town. And in Full Speed, she's after the story of a lifetime. Max Holt is righ ...more
Amanda Meggs
Jan 01, 2016 Amanda Meggs rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, chic-lit
Better than the previous one, as the characters are not all clichés. I enjoyed the dog Jamie got that came with the truck, and Max's sidekick Dave as the electrical expert who wasn't able to go into the crawl space under the house due to multiple fears and phobias. Jamie was able to be less needy too.
Cait
Apr 01, 2014 Cait rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery, fiction
Really quick read. Very much like the first one where they hurl themselves into danger without much thought. However the banter is fun and the book is so fast paced that I didn't even realize how much I had read until I had to stop to go and do something. I finished this book in a day.
Nicki
Dec 07, 2015 Nicki rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Janet Evanovich is the best humor writer ever! This book was a mix of humor, romance and mystery. Max and Jamie still have that steamy thing going on but Jamie is still her sassy self. I thought this book was super! It was a good story.
Chancy
Jun 27, 2015 Chancy rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Really disappointing. Nothing of substance (which I knew not to expect much of), nothing entertaining, nothing clever. It wasn't bad enough to make me stop reading, but if I'd known, I wouldn't have bothered to read it at all.
Melinda
Oct 13, 2014 Melinda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this one. Not quite as funny at the 2nd but definitely a good read. Max & Jamie go after a greedy minister who lost a bid on Max's tv network because they think he is going after Max.
Mary
Definitely not world changing literature but it's the perfect "throwaway" read for the beach or while waiting for someone in surgery. No real brain power required but the characters are fairly well developed and there is continuity to the storylines.
Shelley Burkle
Apr 27, 2014 Shelley Burkle rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyable

I love everything Janet Evanovich writes.
This story was funny with romance wound in. I'm excited to read more about Jamie and Max in future books
Lindsay
I want to say this book was a 3.5 but it seemed to fall short of earning the 4th star. This was a cute novel that was engaging enough that I wanted to hang on to the end but at the same time, the nievity of the main character almost hurt me to the point where on a few incidents I just wanted to look away.

To this books creadit I might have enjoyed this novel more if I had started this series at the begining. I might have become more invested in the characters if I had spent more time with them.

Al
can't wait 1 13 Aug 17, 2009 03:20AM
Join in the discussions! 1 4 Apr 30, 2009 01:31PM
  • Foul Play
  • Nutcase (Crazy, #2)
  • The Plot Thickens (Fearless Jones, #0.5)
  • Killer Riff (Molly Forrester Mystery, #4)
  • Bubbles Betrothed (Bubbles Yablonsky, #5)
  • Summer Lovin' (Costas Sisters, #2)
  • A Rose from the Dead (A Flower Shop Mysteries, #6)
  • Maggie By The Book (Maggie Kelly Mystery, #2)
  • Guns Will Keep Us Together (Bombay Assassins, #2)
  • Gone With the Nerd (Nerds, #4)
  • Laugh or Death (Lexi Graves Mystery, #6)
  • Foul Play (Sofie Metropolis, #3)
  • The Unfortunate Miss Fortunes
More about Janet Evanovich...

Full (6 books)
  • Full House (Full #1)
  • Full Tilt (Full #2)
  • Full Blast (Full #4)
  • Full Bloom (Full #5)
  • Full Scoop (Full #6)

“Jamie felt as though her heart would literally take flight from her crest. Damn her and her mouth. “Nick, I was sort of exaggerating about how nasty I was going to act of the plane. Why can’t we just leave Fleas with Max and get going?”
“She’s lying, Nick,” Max said. “You don’t do things her way and she turns into Satan’s daughter.”
4 likes