El Mundo [With CD] = Whole World

El Mundo [With CD] = Whole World

3.89 of 5 stars 3.89  ·  rating details  ·  9 ratings  ·  3 reviews
Sing around the world, from high in the mountains to low in the valleys, in every town and city, with all the fish, birds, trees and flowers of the Earth. Featuring informative endnotes on the environment and global warming, this book and CD combo is adapted from the popular gospel spiritual. This Music CD features well-known singalong song with an environmental twist. It...more
Published September 1st 2008 by Barefoot Books (first published March 1st 2007)

Wooden Horse
Sep 01, 2013 Wooden Horse rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Ages: 3 - 6
I got to sing this with my Grandma's 83 year old sister. Pretty cool. I have always liked this gospel and was at first taken aback that it changed genders on each page. My great-aunt had the same problem. We enjoyed singing it though and talking about the beautiful pictures with her grandson, my 4-year old cousin who was singing with us by the end as he picked up the tune. He loved the details of the pictures and had us pause our singing long enough to look at each page before continuing.
David
Based on the song we all know, this book is extra neat because at the end the author goes through each part of the song and discusses for children why each part is important (ie- rivers, mountains, etc) and what we can do (briefly) to help preserve them. I did have to change the wording occasionally to avoid evolutionary-theory.
Christine Grant
I love this book and it works whether you use the CD or not.
Noor Janan
Noor Janan marked it as to-read
Feb 28, 2014
Sophie Bear
Sophie Bear marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2014
Ada
Ada added it
Apr 20, 2013
Jill
Jill marked it as to-read
Feb 16, 2013
Kathy
Kathy added it
Aug 08, 2011
Eamon
Eamon added it
Apr 06, 2013
Wooden Horse
Wooden Horse marked it as to-read
May 04, 2011
Donna-Lee
Donna-Lee marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2010
Terry
Terry added it
Jan 07, 2009
Miloš & Brontë
Miloš & Brontë marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2009
Madison
Madison marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2008
Whole World Activity Book Whole World Wel Come To India A Collection of Rudyard Kipling's Just So Stories Don't Spill the Milk!