Start by marking “Sweet Water” as Want to Read:
Sweet Water

Sweet Water

3.62 of 5 stars 3.62  ·  rating details  ·  192 ratings  ·  16 reviews
Most people merely pass through the quiet town of Agua Dulce on their way to someplace more interesting. Marisa Rutherford has actually returned to care for her mother, who's suffering from Alzheimer's disease, and to run her mother's cafe. But when the town is sold in an eBay auction, it could mean the end of Agua Dulce as Marisa and the other nine residents know it.

Terry
Published April 3rd 2010 by Signet (first published January 3rd 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Sweet Water, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sweet Water

Zoe
I adored this story right up until the very last page, then felt a little flat. The ending felt abrupt, and i think it deserved more of and ending, an epilogue would have have made this 5 stars all day long for me. The characters were warm, cooky and incredibly endearing. I warmed to them instantly. The story is well thought out and set beautifully. The relationships at play tug at the heart strings, while the fantastic written work portray a depth of emotion and vulnerability. I couldn't stop s ...more
Samantha
A decent read if you are looking for something soft to fill your time. While the plot line was written well, it was predictable. There were some grammar issues within the book, but not enough to aggravate, just enough to notice. The characters were fun. I liked seeing all the crazy people living in one small town. I did feel that the ending could have given just a bit more, as I almost felt let down with how it all ended. I would read this author again.
Tracey Madeley
Written by a prize winning author, I was hoping to learn something, but was disappointed at first. A particular bone of contention was the clothing. "She pulled on a western style shirt - white with embroidered red roses and silky fringe hanging from arching yokes across the front and back. Then she stuffed herself into clean Rockies jeans. Through the belt loops, she slipped a Mexican tooled-leather belt with conchos and a silver buckle the size of a saucer. She pulled on cowboy boots and added ...more
Guilty Pleasures
Slick's review posted on Guilty Pleasures

4.5 Stars

I bought this book based on the synopsis; a real estate developer buys a small west Texas town on Ebay to build a senior citizen community. This actually happened here in Texas where a town was bought on Ebay, so I had to read this book. I am so glad I did because Sweet Water by Anna Jeffery is an enjoyable and amusing book filled with some of the zaniest characters I’ve read in a long time. The other thing is I’ve been in towns like this, not on
Marcie Oropeza
What a sweet book! Ms. Jeffrey devoted much time to character development and plot background. The Texas desert's smells and sounds make you feel as if you have just to walk outside your door and you're there. The reader can only empathize with Marisa's life and admire the choices she's made while feeling as hopeless as Marisa does with the future staring her in her face. And such an assemblage of characters as the town's inhabitants! What a crazy, kooky conglomeration of nutcases! But, kudos to ...more
Jody
Agua Dulce or Sweet Water is a small town in west Texas that is put on eBay for sale. The population of about ten are a cast of characters that are society misfits that band together in a family.

The real estate developer that buys the town isn't ready for the wacky cast of characters in this small town that he gets to know and finds a new place for all of them in his new development to win the love of the woman that holds the group together.

It is funny, sad, full of tension and conflict that mak
Renee
My oh my. I think this book made me want to go spend some time in a small Texas town and eat some good food in a diner and people watch. Ana Jeffrey used some amazing story lines to keep me interested in this book and give it a 5. The only issue I have is not knowing the rest of the story. The title on Amazon indicates more books are coming but she's got other series happening so I don't know when she'll return to Agua Dulce but I hope so soon.

Will Ben's Rachel return? Will Ledger's dream for t
Stephanie Bolen
Marissa was real & I loved all the kooks of Agua Dulce. The courtship between Terry and Marissa was too brief, but I undestand they kind got the spotlight stolen by the secondary characters but still they went on four dates and then he asked her to marry him. But, really I'm almost okay with it because all the characters where so real and flawed. Too often in books and in life we judge. A drunk is a bad wo/man, a crazy person can't function, or a slut is a slut. But Anna didn't do that she s ...more
Trish
I choose this book because I had read "The Love of a Cowboy" and totally loved it. I really enjoyed Sweet Water. Full of characters and a story line that's a little different. I loved the two main characters. I was expecting something else from the ending by what was hinted at in the end. I really nice read. Anna Jeffrey is now on my list of favorite authors.
Mlleelizabeth
This is a book.

For a full review, please go to:

GoodReads's policies no longer comply with my review policy. Therefore my reviews will be posted at BookLikes going forward. Thank you for following my reviews here. I hope to continue discussing books with you on BookLikes.
Highland-dreamer
Kathryn
So I desperately needed some fluff, since I just finished reading Fight Club. (I liked Fight Club, but hoo boy I needed cheering up.) This delivered nicely.
Jo Oehrlein
Manages to get details about small town Texas pretty right. That in and of itself is pretty rare.
Carrie
Had me from beginning to end. Did not put it down until I was finished.
brandi
the ending was rushed and peeved me.
Lindsay
Dec 22, 2012 Lindsay marked it as kindle-i-own-to-read  ·  review of another edition
Amazon Freebie 12/22/2012
Michelle Lane
Michelle Lane marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2015
Leanne Jamonts
Leanne Jamonts marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2015
Sarah marked it as to-read
Jan 19, 2015
Kristy
Kristy marked it as to-read
Dec 18, 2014
  • Cowboy Trouble
  • Cowboy, Sing Me Home
  • Cold Comfort
  • The Protector (Crossfire, #1)
  • Under Currents
  • After The Ashes
  • Color My Horse (Racetrack Romance, #1)
  • More Than Memories
  • Gambling on Love (Travis Series #1)
  • Second Harmony
  • Aces Wild (Angels Avengers #1)
  • Wild Wild Widow
  • Crazy for Cowboy
  • Relentless (Aspen, #1)
  • Seems Like Old Times
  • Cowgirl Up!
  • Cowboy For Sale
  • To Serve And Protect
Anna Jeffrey is an award-winning author of romance novels as well as romantic comedy/mystery. She has written 9 romance novels and co-authored 7 as USA Today Bestselling author, Dixie Cash. Her most recent book is "The Tycoon."

Her Anna Jeffrey books have won the Write Touch Readers' Award, the Aspen Gold, and the More Than Magic awards. Her books have been finalists in the Colorado Romance Writers
More about Anna Jeffrey...
The Love Of A Cowboy (Callister, #1) The Love of a Stranger (Callister, #2) The Love of a Lawman (Callister, #3) Sweet Return Salvation, Texas

“You must learn to read well, Marisa. As long as you're a good reader, you can learn anything, do anything.” 2 likes