Start by marking “Ancient Future” as Want to Read:
Ancient Future

Ancient Future

Ancient Future celebrates the wisdom of those ancient civilizations that did not disassociate the philosophical, spiritual, and material realms of life. This book is an attempt to re-create this holistic experience in hopes that a synthesized view of life will become reality in the 21st century.
Published December 7th 2000 by Black Classic Press (first published May 22nd 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Ancient Future, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ancient Future

Anansi
Nov 07, 2011 Anansi rated it it was amazing
One of the most important books in terms of understanding what has happened to people of color over not just the past 500 years but the past 5000 years.
Christopher Obie
Jul 24, 2012 Christopher Obie rated it it was amazing
Wayne Chandler has provided for the reader a detailed treatise on the historical significance of the ancient knowledge transmitted through the Hermetic principles which are still today shaping the world’s scientific and religious thought. Chandler shows how the scientific and spiritual thinking of the ancients can serve as a modern day blueprint for a return of mankind to spiritual consciousness. Ancient Future is a must read and will change forever the way past civilizations are viewed.
Karim Mustafa
Mar 11, 2017 Karim Mustafa rated it it was amazing
Having previously been somewhat aware of the "Hermetic" principles I gained much invaluable insight and perspective from "Ancient Future." I most appreciate how Chandler was able to present the principles in such a way that I can now find an interdependence between the principles as if they are expressing a variety of perspective of one essential truth. I also greatly appreciate how Chandler was able to infuse the relationship between the "Hermetic" principles and the Asian philosophies of Taois ...more
Michael Strode
Ancient Future has been the flagship moral tome in my personal library for just over a decade, but as I review it again this time, I now discover that I no longer find many of the principles personally applicable to my present worldview. When I initially encountered the text, I was a seeker and novice critical thinker milling through each church, mosque, temple and movement of the organizational multitude in search of an answer to an obscure internal question. Ancient Future was filled with prec ...more
Tommie Eaddy
Nov 09, 2015 Tommie Eaddy rated it it was amazing
After reading this book I felt I had missed a vital part of my educational process. The Principles are laid out in a fashion that allows the reader to fully incorporate each conceptinto their daily thinking pattern. The information it contains is intuitive. The Oneness of all creation is evident. I marked this book with 2 highlighters.
Kendrick Smith
Mar 08, 2014 Kendrick Smith rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
When most people think of Hermetic Philosophy, they're often led to the Kybalion. However, in Ancient Future, Wayne Chandler does of phenomenal job decomposing and exemplifying the seven immutable principles that govern our Universe. This text brought a lot things together for me. I highly recommend it!
Elon-str
Jun 22, 2010 Elon-str rated it it was amazing
This is a powerful book. I have studied the Kyballion. I had an intuitive probelem with how the 7 principles were illustrated in the Kyballion.

The Ancient Future was a blessing in how the principles were illustrated in that the principle of Cause and Effect was last.

This is a must read for at least three times. I will read again in a month.
Kaili
Jul 22, 2009 Kaili rated it it was amazing
This book made a lot of historical claims that I was not aware of....I even got a tattoo based off of one of the symbols in this book.
Dee
Jul 24, 2012 Dee added it
love this book as it matches ancient knowledge with modern science and physics
Rocky Schulz
Rocky Schulz rated it it was amazing
Jul 10, 2016
Hetti
Hetti rated it it was amazing
May 21, 2015
Rakim Malik Shakur
Rakim Malik Shakur rated it liked it
Jan 14, 2015
Zakiya Mecca
Zakiya Mecca rated it it was amazing
Jun 18, 2014
Mallah-Divine Mallah
Mallah-Divine Mallah rated it it was amazing
Jul 13, 2016
Silvi
Silvi rated it liked it
May 28, 2015
Sharon Lewis
Sharon Lewis rated it it was amazing
Sep 24, 2015
Aisha
Aisha rated it liked it
Aug 26, 2014
Wearemighty
Wearemighty rated it it was amazing
Dec 12, 2012
Timothy
Timothy rated it it was amazing
Nov 02, 2009
Courtney
Courtney rated it did not like it
Sep 12, 2016
Danny
Danny rated it it was amazing
Feb 24, 2017
Yejide
Yejide rated it it was amazing
Apr 11, 2009
Madison N. Baumholser
Madison N. Baumholser rated it it was amazing
Sep 20, 2016
Trevor Messam
Trevor Messam rated it it was amazing
May 23, 2013
William Tucker
William Tucker rated it it was amazing
May 06, 2013
Ester Rogers
Ester Rogers rated it it was amazing
Feb 07, 2014
Treasure Antoinette
Treasure Antoinette rated it it was amazing
Sep 12, 2016
Rachell
Rachell rated it it was amazing
Aug 11, 2016
Wolf Moon
Wolf Moon rated it it was amazing
May 07, 2013
Bewhy
Bewhy rated it it was amazing
Aug 23, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Ancient Egypt: The Light of the World
  • World's Great Men of Color, Volume I
  • Maat the 11 laws of God
  • The Golden Age of the Moor (Journal of African Civilizations)
  • The Science of Love
  • Life Ahead: On Learning and the Search for Meaning
  • Stolen Legacy
  • The Shining Ones: The World's Most Powerful Secret Society Revealed
  • Know Thyself
  • African Origins of the Major "Western Religions"
  • Two Thousand Seasons
  • Destruction of Black Civilization: Great Issues of a Race From 4500 B.C. To 2000 A.D.
  • Yurugu: An African-centered Critique of European Cultural Thought and Behavior

“The principle of polarity states that like and unlike are the same, that opposites are identical in their nature and different only in their degree.” 5 likes