Start by marking “Yellow Rose Bride” as Want to Read:
Yellow Rose Bride

Yellow Rose Bride

3.83 of 5 stars 3.83  ·  rating details  ·  395 ratings  ·  24 reviews
Seven years ago, seamstress Vonnie Taylor's husband of one day, Adam Baldwin, annulled their marriage. Now she faces the ultimate indignity: sewing his new intended's wedding dress
Vonnie hasn't forgotten the handsome rancher, despite the family feud that doomed their love. Now, as the past is uncovered and danger is unleashed, Vonnie finds herself again by Adam's side. Ti
Published March 1st 2009 by Steeple Hill Love Inspired Suspense (first published December 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Yellow Rose Bride, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Yellow Rose Bride

Kathryn
Barbara
I have to agree with another reviewer who described the lead, Vonnie Taylor, as wishy-washy. She is. She is stubborn and, at times, very stupid. Why authors believe that these qualities would be endearing or desirable to men is beyond me.

The prologue features a shootout that leaves a family dead and begets a bitter, lifelong feud between two men which reaches their offspring, Vonnie Taylor and Adam Baldwin. Married for a scant 24 hours when they were adolescents, Vonnie is now a much-admired se
Denise
The prologue starts the story in 1865 with four men coming home from the Civil War. A tragic incident happens. The book jumps ahead 33 years to 1898. The story revolves around the story of two of the four men's children. Adam and Vonnie fell in love. The two young people sneaked away (7 years earlier in 1891) and talk a judge into marrying them. Then the girl gets cold feet and begs her husband of a few hours to get their brief marriage annulled. Adam is crushed but complies with Vonnie's wishes ...more
Mary
How nice that Lori re-wrote her story for the Inspirational/Christian market!

A lovely story of three families who have hidden deep bitterness from an incident soon after the Civil War. The event and rift threatened a second generation teen unconsummated marriage forever until...one dies, and another painfully reveals the issues involved. A story of love. loss, reconciliation and forgiveness. I recommend!
Patricia Hullet
Lori Copeland is an excellent author. I don't think I have ever been disappointed in any of her books that I have read. This book was rewritten in a Christian format which brought a lot to the story. I loved all the characters, the only part that I had a hard time believing was that two characters in the book both went bonkers when their spouses died. Otherwise, good book.
Charlotte
Well, I think the writing itself was pretty good, but the characters and the storyline were just...ridiculous. That much drama is a bit overdone and there is a reason soap operas aren't made into books...to my knowledge. If they are, then there's a reason not many people know about it. I gave it two stars because I like the author's writing style and the premise was a good one, but the circumstances surrounding it were awful. There is no way any self respecting man would still have feelings for ...more
Debbie Turner
Another good book of Lori Copeland. An old west novel.
Stephanie
I really enjoyed this book most of the way through it, but it cut off weird at the end and really didn't wrap up very well. There are still things that I am not sure who did them and their reasons for doing what they did.
A very light read but at the same time very compelling. It was definitely a very strong female main character development story from start to finish with ample mystery/suspense and romance tossed together.
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
I really liked this book. It had all the elements a good Historical Romance book should have without all the steamy romance scenes but a sweet romance none the less with an edge of mystery as well.
Jackie
I enjoy Lori Copeland's book, but they are very predictable with little conflict in the plot. I read them when I want a light read that won't take over my life.
Rebecca
Ugh. Too religious. It's added in and just too forced. The author even says she adds in her "values" since the book was published the first time.
Jacquie
I love books by Lori Copeland. She has a quick wit and the books are very clean. This is a love story in Texas in the 19th century.
Jeanne
I liked this book. I really didn't know who the bad guy was until the author told us. A good story. Not too corny(only a little bit).
Barb
Wow, this one had a lot of ups and downs. Was totally clueless on the who done it part. That one supprised me big time.
Tausha
Oct. 2012
I picked this one up again just looking for a quick read. I still give it a four. Cute read!
« Crystal »
I thought this was an ok story... I read about 2 years ago. 3 stars.
Englandjennifer
Romance, some mystery, a great author. Good book.
Ashley
It wad just ok. Nothing less and nothing more.
Veronica
A great book by one of my favorite authors. :)
Leah
It just went on and on and on and on.
Alison
I would have to say it's her best book!
Jenny
I really liked this book.
Dose
Dose added it
Dec 11, 2014
Cindy Coleman
Cindy Coleman marked it as to-read
Nov 28, 2014
  • Calico Canyon (Lassoed in Texas, #2)
  • The Bride Backfire (Prairie Promises, #2)
  • The Bounty Hunter's Bride
  • Virginia
  • Colorado: Megan's Choice/Em's Only Chance/Lisa's Broken Arrow/Banjo's New Song (Heartsong Novella Collection)
  • Unbridled Dreams
  • New Mexico Sunrise: Faith and Love Hold Generations Together in Four Complete Novels
  • A Stitch in Time: Basket Stitch/Double Cross/Spider Web Rose/Double Running
  • Speak to Me of Love
  • Lightning And Lace (Texas Legacy #3)
  • Jessie (Big Sky Dreams, #3)
  • The Blackmailed Bride
  • Schoolhouse Brides: Teachers of Yesteryear Fulfill Dreams of Love in Four Novellas
Lori lives in the beautiful Ozarks with her husband Lance. Lance and Lori have three sons, three daughter-in-laws, and six wonderful grandchildren, and two great-granddaughters.

Lance and Lori are very involved in their church, and active in supporting mission work in Mali, West Africa.

Lori began her writing career in 1982, writing for the secular book market. In 1995, after many years of writing,
More about Lori Copeland...
Faith  (Brides of the West #1) Hope (Brides of the West, #3) Glory (Brides of the West, #4) June (Brides of the West, #2) Ruth (Brides of the West #5)