Start by marking “The Lost Hero (The Heroes of Olympus, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Lost Hero (The Heroes of Olympus, #1)

The Lost Hero (The Heroes of Olympus #1)

4.35 of 5 stars 4.35  ·  rating details  ·  326,257 ratings  ·  11,937 reviews
Jason has a problem.
He doesn't remember anything before waking up on a school bus holding hands with a girl. Apparently he has a girlfriend named Piper. His best friend is a kid named Leo, and they're all students in the Wilderness School, a boarding school for "bad kids", as Leo puts it. What he did to end up here, Jason has no idea—except that everything seems very wron
Audio CD, 17 pages
Published October 12th 2010 by Listening Library (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The Lost Hero, please sign up.

Isidora This happened to me too. I felt like it was very different and it could have been easier and more fun if the characters kept telling the story as…moreThis happened to me too. I felt like it was very different and it could have been easier and more fun if the characters kept telling the story as Percy did (first person).(less)
Ash well , i didn't read the Percy Jackson series i only watched the first movie then i started reading this book and i do understand and enjoy most of it…morewell , i didn't read the Percy Jackson series i only watched the first movie then i started reading this book and i do understand and enjoy most of it .(less)
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. RowlingThe Hunger Games by Suzanne CollinsCity of Bones by Cassandra ClareDivergent by Veronica RothThe Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan
Best Series
11th out of 1,948 books — 6,081 voters
Mockingjay by Suzanne CollinsCity of Fallen Angels by Cassandra ClareClockwork Angel by Cassandra ClareLinger by Maggie StiefvaterSpirit Bound by Richelle Mead
YA Books of 2010 & 2011 I'm LIVING to read!!
24th out of 1,133 books — 6,274 voters

More lists with this book...

Nightshade
Ana
Dec 04, 2013 Ana rated it 1 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Nobody
Shelves: loathed
Probably SPOILER ALERT, but nothing you couldn't have figured out in the first few pages.

According to Goodreads, 97% of people liked it. But the 3% will rise!

Prepare yourself for the first yet negative review of this book.

I was so excited for this book to come out. But then I read it, and was very disappointed. Just to clarify, I LOVED the original Percy Jackson series. They were amazing. This, however, was not.

The characters were all Sues:

1. Piper's perfection. "I'M SO BEAUTIFUL BUT I MUST HIDE
Brigid *Flying Kick-a-pow!*
Well, I finished re-reading all the Percy Jackson & the Olympians books, so now I'm attempting to re-read all the Heroes of Olympus books as well––mostly because I wanted to refresh my memory before The Blood of Olympus comes out. After that, no more Percy Jackson ... *sobs*

So yeah, I've now finished re-reading this one––which was a good idea, because as I read it I realized I'd forgotten like 99% of what happened in it. I also think I liked it a lot better reading it the second time, probab
~Tina~
Seven half-bloods shall answer the call,
To storm or fire the world must fall.
An oath to keep with a final breath,
And foes bear arms to the Doors of Death.

New prophecy. New characters. New adventure. Same, EPIC world!!!

Meet our new demigods; Jason, Piper and Leo.
Jason is the mystery in this trio, see he doesn't remember anything, not even who he is. A God has stolen his memories.
Piper has a secret, a terrible one that will only cause pain and suffering, but what other choice does she have?
Leo,
Stephanie
Mar 28, 2013 Stephanie rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone and Everyone!
Shelves: favorites, 2010, 2011
Tears literally came to my eyes when I finished this book. I just loved it so much I wanted to cry. Riordan dives right into the story. There were a lot of questions of who everyone's parents were so Piper's godly parent surprised me but it I thought it was pretty cool. Jason's turned out to be what I expected but with a spin. And Leo's was pretty predictable but there is something very unique about him....

Riordan perfectly meshes Greek and Roman mythology. It's ingenious the way he does it. It'
Daria
So I finished this book in 8 hours of solid reading. Yes, even 400-something pages of Greek mythology take that long.

And the first thing which I should mention is that this book, and some others which have come before it and all those which will follow, have nothing going for them except for plot. Absolutely nothing. (Well, unless you count occasional hilarious one-liners on the side. I guess I should.)

Of course, we can't discuss this book without discussing the original Percy Jackson and the
Stephanie
Last weekend I drew a 12yr old girl named Ashley(I'm a caricature/portrait artist, for those who don't know). When you have a person in your chair, and they are staring back at you, you feel obligated to have a conversation. Over time you just get bored asking the same question over and over......and over. "what grade are you in?" "What do you do up there in Detroit?" "Is this your first visit to unnamed water park?" ect.

One thing I like to ask kids is "What is your favorite subject?" Nine times
Thomas Dolan
I've read a little of this book, on previews and at Barnes and Noble, and I must say I'm rather disappointed. Is it just me, or is it when authors start a new series after an extremely successful one it, is, to put it mildly, lacking? Maybe I set my hopes to high, but it's such a letdown to be expecting a well woven story and getting a, 'And then they did this, then they went and did this, but this happened.'. Perhaps Riordan had some sort of "writer's-high" when he was writing the Olympians, bu ...more
Joyzi
Dec 27, 2010 Joyzi rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Cutesy Fans of Riordan
Recommended to Joyzi by: Librarian at NBS
Book Review (down there somewhere)

***Thoughts Before Reading***
Just bought it today! Actually I'm gonna buy the Hunger Games paperback instead since I want my own copy of it but unfortunately it was out of stock and this one caught my eye.
__________________
***Book Review***

***Introduction***

First off let me start by saying that reading the dedication part of this book made me almost cried again. I've already written the Riordan/Haley story in my review of The Lightning Thief but in case you've n
Kristalia
FINAL RATING: ★★★★★/★★★★★

“It'll be dangerous," Nyssa warned him. "Hardship, monsters, terrible suffering. Possibly none of you will come back alive."
"Oh." Suddenly Leo didn't look so excited. Then he remembered everyone was watching. "I mean... Oh, cool! Suffering? I love suffering! Let's do this.”

Wow, i have to say, this series seemed addicting right from the start. As soon as i heard about this spin off series, i had to read it. But first, i had to finish the last two books of Percy Jacks
Kcatty
Has anybody thought of the fact that Percy has an empathy link with Grover? So Grover could, in theory, contact Percy when the latter's still an amnesiac. I wonder if Riordan's thought of this...
Note: If you want the actual review, go down. But if you are willing to read through my rambling critique of the preview chapters, by all means, go ahead. Don't say I didn't warn you.
Some Olympian lingo for you:
The PJ, or PJO series- The Percy Jackson and the Olympians series
CHO - Camp Half-Blood
For no
Etnik
description

All of my friends seem to have read this series,and I want to start it so much,but I haven't read the Persy Jackson series yet.Can this series be read before Persy Jackson,or is this a prequel or a sequel.And if you have read this,any feedback?

Grace
Buy this book HERE for CHEAP with FREE WORLDWIDE SHIPPING

3.5 of 5 stars (Please read my rating system further below). I just finished reading this title. Full review to come.

My rating system: (I do use half stars.)
5 - I do not use the 5 star. Not because a book might not be worthy, but because a book is never perfect.
4 - I loved it! There weren't too many flaws, and I had no trouble getting through it. (A 4 star rating is the highest rating I've ever given a book.)
3 - I enjoyed the book, but th
Irene Lê
Fantastic!
I'm expected a lot in this book, 'cause now Percy Jackson won't be the main character anymore. I thought three new demigods will like the " copycat" of Annabeth, Grover, and Percy. But they have totally new characteristics. This book is a lot more humorous than Percy Jackson series.
In this book, it continued the prophecy of " The Last Olympian". Oh , I read and I gasped, then read again. Rick Riordan's writing is so much better. The one who told the story are the three new demigods, J
Kayla Rice
So. I want to start by saying I was a HUGE fan of the Percy Jackson series (duh) and also that I was a little wary about buying this book. I mean, it's not about PERCY anymore. And although I ended up enjoying it immensly, I was right to be wary.
The third-person narrative wasn't nearly as fascinating as Percy's first-person speech. Moreover, out of the three narrators, I only found Leo interesting. Piper was irritating and Jason was just bland. With the exception of Leo, there was not NEARLY as
Carol.
May 28, 2012 Carol. rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: mythology fans
Medusa, hydras, cyclops, Hercules, winged shoes, magical trickery--what's not to love about Greek myths? Being a mythology geek, I was naturally drawn to the 'Percy Jackson and the Olympians' series that focused on the modern demi-god children of the Olympian gods. While interesting conceptually and done well, it wasn't particularly remarkable storytelling. Riordan's new series, however, looks to surpass the old, seizing the golden apple. It's classic coming-of-age disguised as adventure novel, ...more
Laz
Jan 19, 2015 Laz rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fantasy lovers
At first I was reluctant about reading this because, let's face it, there is no Percy Jackson and no one can ever replace him but Jason is a nice dude and so are Piper and Leo and they easily grew on me like every other character of Rick's.

Percy has disappeared Now, that's a bummer. Just after it all ended, a new story began. Percy disappeared and Annabeth was left searching for him with no clue as to where he may be.

This book begins a little abruptly and it fairly does so since it's all a big s
Lisa
Isabelle
Buddy read with Anna!

Sometimes, I have a hard time forming my opinions into reviews. I just stare at the keyboard with everything going over my head. It takes me two hours (or less) to write a review until I'm satisfied.

So when I'm in this brain-fart phase I'll just add a bunch of gifs to do the job (har har fun) or listen to music (which is exactly what I'm doing) (Dan Smith's majestic voice is majestic).

So here we go.

*cracks knuckles*

*nods head to No Angels by Bastille*

The PJO series is fan
Morgan F
Note to self: Never start a Rick Riordan book the eve of the due date of a big project. It will end with a half-ass poster board and disapproving looks from my Spanish teacher.

So, I couldn't flippin' put this book down. I even read it during dinner and blew off prime-time TV! When I had to put it down for something trivial like, IDK, school, I spent the whole time day-dreaming about it, and eagerly waiting for the moment when I could immerse myself in it again. Rick Riordan's world is just compl
Liz

A series by Rick Riordan that is even more thrilling than "Percy Jackson"? I thought it was not possible.

I was wrong. Terribly wrong

I don't know how Riordan is doing it but this book is....

The plot is breathtaking. A new hero who has no memories and his loyal friends. A goddess imprisoned by old mighty monsters. The roman and the greek mythology combined. Percy who disappeared and Annabeth desperately searching for him. Secrets, monsters...What else do you need?
Right- Nothing!
The story is per
Anna
Buddy Read with the brilliant Isabelle.

Initial Reactions:

a) OH PERCY PERCY PERCY PERCY

b) This was a tad too long mix of great and mehish

c) No Jason will not be the best hero. No.

d) I must marry Leo Valdez

Danae
I was scared going into The Lost Hero because I knew I would have to go into this book with a whole new frame of mind. I couldn't think of it as "Percy Jackson" anymore and honestly, I didn't know if I could do that. It was definitely hard at first, but after getting a feel for the new characters I was able to see this as a completely different story. One that isn't taking away from Percy but adding onto it.

Jason, Piper and Leo are all wonderful new additions. I was ecstatic to see that these we
Aaron Vincent
Originally Posted on Guy Gone Geek.

There are a lot of reviews I wrote before I created this blog that I have yet to post here. One of these is my ‘cocky’ review of Rick Riordan’s The Red Pyramid. The recent release of Riordan’s new book, The Lost Hero, seemed to be a good reason to post that review on this blog, but then I realized that I didn’t want to ruin the celebratory mood of Rick Riordan’s fans. You read that right; fans of Rick Riordan has all the reason to rejoice and celebrate, for he,
Caitlin
OMG!!!!! I cant wait for this book to come out! It is going to be awesome!!! I heard that Percy isn't going to be the main character though. :'( He's still in the book, so that's still fantastic.
I think the main character is either going to be some one really new or Nico.....
EPIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
Maninee
Angelic Zaizai
lupakan percy jackson - grover - annabeth chase

sambutlah jason 'entahsiapanamabelakangnyakarenadiaamnesia' - leo valdez - piper mclean

love it love it love it
harus cerita apa ya...kalo tentang bukunya takut spoiler haduuh gimana ini
yah begini sajalah

kalo di percy series, percy itu hoki mulu, selalu jadi jagoan
di buku ini enggak - di satu bagian bisa heboh yay, jason kereen,
tapi di bab lain ternyata leo yang jagoan,
eh di bab lain lagi si leo bikin kacau dan piper yang harus beresin
jadi 3 orang i
Namratha
"Seven Half-Bloods shall answer the call.
To storm or fire, the world must fall.
An oath to keep with a final breath.
And foes bear arms to the doors of death."

Percy Jackson’s nerve-racking adventures ended with this cheery prophecy. The resourceful demigod had just fought The Second Olympian War and emerged victorious. When his friend and now, new oracle, Rachel Dare made the aforementioned divination, Percy hoped that it wasn’t something that he would have to deal with in this lifetime. His
Apr 16, 2010 Laura marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!! I can't believe its finally coming out! YESYESYES YES YES

I would like to see how Percy and Annabeth turned out.

Wait. Are cyclopses immortal?? TYSSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!
Kendall Anne
I can't not wait to read this!
Like the Red Pyramid, the first book of The Kane Chronicles, this book has a potential to be amazing like the Percy Jackson series. I really hope it is good!! I read the first two chapters and now I seriously can't wait!! Two books by Rick Riordan in ONE year?! Talk about awesome! :)

=============================================================
Wow. Rick Riordan, you amazed me again!
One thing I loved about The Lost Hero, was the combination of new characters, and br
Why does everyone hate jason?! 34 153 Jan 27, 2015 01:32AM
Create a Demigod 6 33 Jan 26, 2015 10:06PM
Last One to Post is a Winner! 3 7 Jan 26, 2015 05:32PM
Dialogue identification. 26 38 Jan 25, 2015 08:43AM
Heroes of Olympus Series:YES OR NO? 38 119 Jan 24, 2015 02:36PM
Name Game 24 18 Jan 23, 2015 02:12PM
All Things Rick R...: advice on which order to read Riordan series 4 11 Jan 22, 2015 07:28PM
  • The Necromancer  (The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel, #4)
  • Peter and the Secret of Rundoon (Peter and the Starcatchers, #3)
  • The Kings of Clonmel (Ranger's Apprentice, #8)
  • The Everafter War (The Sisters Grimm, #7)
  • The Exiled Queen (Seven Realms, #2)
  • The Fiend and the Forge (The Tapestry, #3)
  • Keys to the Demon Prison (Fablehaven, #5)
  • The Faceless Ones (Skulduggery Pleasant, #3)
  • The Black Book of Buried Secrets
  • Darke (Septimus Heap, #6)
  • The Fire Chronicle (The Books of Beginning, #2)
  • Uncommon Criminals (Heist Society, #2)
  • Gregor and the Marks of Secret (Underland Chronicles, #4)
  • Skybreaker (Matt Cruse, #2)

More about Rick Riordan...

The Heroes of Olympus (6 books)
  • The Son of Neptune (The Heroes of Olympus, #2)
  • The Mark of Athena (The Heroes of Olympus, #3)
  • The House of Hades (The Heroes of Olympus, #4)
  • The Blood of Olympus (The Heroes of Olympus, #5)
  • Percy Jackson & the Olympians Series 06-08
The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1) The Battle of the Labyrinth (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #4) The Sea of Monsters (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #2) The Last Olympian (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #5) The Titan's Curse (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #3)

“Jason scratched his head. "You named him Festus? You know that in Latin, ‘festus’ means ‘happy’? You want us to ride off to save the world on Happy the Dragon?” 1548 likes
“Leo: Rainbows. Very macho.
Annabeth: Butch is our best equestrian, he gets along great with the pegasi.
Leo: Rainbows, ponies...
Butch: I'm gonna toss you off this chariot.”
1131 likes