Start by marking “Z Is for Zombie: An Illustrated Guide to the End of the World” as Want to Read:
Z Is for Zombie: An Illustrated Guide to the End of the World

Z Is for Zombie: An Illustrated Guide to the End of the World

“Words and pictures marry to bring brilliant, bloody fun to your fingertips. B is for Buy this Book!”
—Mira Grant, author of FEED

“The perfect going-away gift for the human race, Z Is For Zombie is smart, sumptuous, excruciating undead fun.”
 —John Skipp, author of Book of the Dead

An illustrated guide to the end of the world, Z Is For Zombie is everything the still living a
Published February 8th 2011 by Harper Voyager (first published February 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Z Is for Zombie, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Z Is for Zombie

Odo
May 06, 2015 Odo rated it liked it
Shelves: ebook, scribd
3.5/5.0
Peep (Pop! Pop!)
Ok, so I picked this one because I really liked the cover. Just the plainess and the the Z on the front just really caught my eye. It also doesn't hurt that I heart zombies! See that shelf I have there? It's only for zombies. That's how dedicated I am.

I saw this one on Netgalley and had to snatch it up. The tagline (is that a tagline?) says it's an "illustrated guide to the end of the world." So I was expecting pictures. And I'm not usually a fan of zombie pics. I can read it, but once you start
Looksie (At Looksie Lovitz: Books and Wits Blog)
Z is for Zombies is a whimsical A to Z of all things zombie. This fantastically illustrated guide will tell you (and quickly in case you are being chased by zombies) what a zombie apocalypse would entail and if you are a fan of all things zombie, then this is a great dry and dark humored piece for you.

This was a short flip-through kind of book so if you were looking for a full length novel, you might want to pass. If you believe is scaring the wits out of your kids as a kind of dark humor feel f
Mark
Jun 15, 2011 Mark rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: horror fans.
Shelves: adult-fictions
This is not a typical alphabet book. Adam-Troy Castro tells a story when the world is infested by the unspeakable plague using alphabetical order from A to Z.

It begins with the 'Apocalypse', on a day that has no difference than any other. When people rise from their beds, kiss their children, and get dressed for their jobs. Some notice an unsettling change in the air. Though it still fills their lungs, the atmosphere itself has turned cold, liquid and stagnant. Only a few, the sensitive, come up
Julia
Feb 22, 2011 Julia rated it liked it
Review by Looksie at RexRobotReviews.com

Christina
Oct 06, 2013 Christina rated it really liked it

Cute book, if a book about zombies can be called cute. It is just what it claims, an A to Z guide of practical advice. Some of my favorites-

Sure, we'll run away. But that just makes us fast food. Do you want flies with that?

You're really going to have to get over being such a priss.

We all have a lot of gooey stuff inside us, and one of the nastier things zombies like to do is pull it out while you watch. You don't stand a snowball's chance in hell of maintaining your dignity at a time like thi
Christina (A Reader of Fictions)
I nabbed this title from NetGalley because I enjoy reading about zombies. Much to my surprise (guess who could have done more research!), I discovered that Z Is for Zombie is (as I maybe should have guessed from the title) an alphabet book. Writing an alphabet book of this nature was certainly an...interesting choice. I can't help but wonder how many adults read alphabet books, even ones with clever page long explanations of each letter's word or phrase.

The writing is pretty hilarious. Certainly
Blake
Mar 08, 2011 Blake rated it liked it
Very nice poetic prose. I enjoyed "Z is for Zombie." However, I read the eBook version and the pictures weren't formated for eBook. They were smaller, and even though the pictures were clear, I preferred the pictures in regular book form. This is probably one you need to read in paperback.
Raven L.
Feb 05, 2017 Raven L. rated it it was ok
Not worth the price of the book, but a cute, quick read if you can find it used or for free.
TJ Shelby
Apr 13, 2011 TJ Shelby rated it liked it
A little cheesy but a quick fast time-killer during on of my Barnes and Noble lunch visits. A is for...all the way through Z of all things Zombie.
April Rose
Nov 20, 2013 April Rose rated it really liked it
funny little book
Fawndolyn Valentine
Jul 23, 2014 Fawndolyn Valentine rated it really liked it
Pretty good manifesto of the undead apocalypse here. Decent art. I thought it'd be a kid book tip I realized every letter was its own mini essay or tale. Some were a little drab, but most were good.
Richard
Mar 18, 2011 Richard rated it it was amazing
Shelves: horror
A nice book and explanation for our young zombie fans.
Paul
Oct 19, 2011 Paul added it
Fun little book about the zombie apocalypse, organized with titles based on the letters of the alphabet. :D
Christine
Dec 31, 2015 Christine rated it liked it
Shelves: horror, zombies
Very clever with cool illustrations, funny too.
Nicole
Jul 18, 2011 Nicole rated it really liked it
Shelves: nook, arc
the author not only lists the alphabet as it relates to zombies, he also tells a story. really good, loved the spooky imagery he creates in a realistic style as well as the graphics.
Cheryl Bess
Oct 14, 2016 Cheryl Bess rated it really liked it
This book was totally amusing! I found myself chuckling through a lot of it and grimacing at the graphic details in others but I thoroughly enjoyed it!
René
Aug 09, 2016 René rated it it was amazing
It's amusing, gross, dark, and has great illustrations. Love it!
Shelli
This is an adult ABC book about the zombie apocalypse detailing events from the original outbreak to your zombiefied demise. Fans of the Walking Dead or the horror genre will love it.
Paige Vest
Feb 08, 2011 Paige Vest rated it liked it
Shelves: galley, reviewed
Read my review at WordPress.com: http://wp.me/pmGbb-7B
Heather
Heather rated it it was ok
Jan 08, 2012
It Makes Sense In Context
It Makes Sense In Context rated it really liked it
Apr 10, 2012
Serena
Serena rated it really liked it
Feb 26, 2012
butterflygloss
butterflygloss rated it really liked it
Jun 13, 2016
Simone Cox
Simone Cox rated it really liked it
Jan 02, 2014
Carlos
Carlos rated it it was ok
Feb 18, 2017
Vanessa
Vanessa rated it liked it
May 13, 2011
April
April rated it really liked it
Sep 14, 2011
Judi Castro
Judi Castro rated it really liked it
Mar 16, 2013
Sophie
Sophie rated it really liked it
Jul 10, 2011
« previous 1 3 next »
Adam-Troy Castro made his first professional sale to Spy magazine in 1987. Since then, he's published 12 books and almost 80 short stories. Among those stories are "Baby Girl Diamond" (nominated for the Bram Stoker Award) and "The Funeral March of the Marionettes" (nominated for the Hugo and Nebula Awards in 1998). "The Astronaut from Wyoming," a collaboration with Jerry Oltion, appeared in Analog ...more
More about Adam-Troy Castro...