Start by marking “Australian Boss: Diamond Ring ” as Want to Read:
Australian Boss: Diamond Ring

Australian Boss: Diamond Ring (MacKay Brothers #1)

3.04 of 5 stars 3.04  ·  rating details  ·  28 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Ever since Fiona Donner breezed into Brent MacKay's office with her sunny smile, bouncy enthusiasm and infectious laughter she's turned his ordered world topsy-turvy.The attraction zings between them, and Brent believes that Fiona may be the woman to finally release his fears--and the secret he's lived with his whole life.

"Only then can he put a sparkly ring on her finger.
Paperback, Harlequin Romance #4163, 183 pages
Published April 2010 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Australian Boss, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Australian Boss

Maria

I liked this heartwarming story with believable, flawed and complex characters and its setting, in Sydney, Australia.
Both the hero and the heroine struggle with self-images of imperfection and overcome it. I just felt that the heroine, a strong and compassionate figure, gives up too easily on the hero, due to her insecurities.
I praise the author, Jennie Adams, for her choice of the wounded hero type, not very common, I think, at least in this kind of fiction. Very well done, even if in the end
Harlequin Books
" A very enjoyable story about learning to love yourself, accept yourself and fighting for yourself. Fiona Donner is bright, talented, insightful, open and giving but there's a sadness about her too, especially when she talks about her family. Brent MacKay is a wonderful man, very talented, but also guarded and vulnerable." From a review posted by an eHarlequin.com member, to read more go here.
Natālija
Another fast read. I don't want to spoil anything, so I'll just say that you could enjoy it if you like any of these things:

* Australia
* Curvy heroine
* Unusual hero with mild autism

Fiona & Brent... I instantly fell in love with these two, and the chemistry between them was amazing. The only tiny little thing that bothered me was constant repetition of Brent's thoughts. More like different formulations of the same thought. Other than that, I enjoyed this book a lot.
~Megan~
Oh Jennie Adams, you always manage to touch my heart!

I've read several books by this author, but this is far and away my favorite. I'm so glad I looked beyond the cheesy book titles to find this author's work.

Brent has a landscaping business, and has just hired Fiona to be his graphic designer. He has two brothers, his "family by choice". They grew up in an orphanage together and became brothers in the truest sense of the word, banding together to overcome their loneliness. Brent was thrown awa
Kat Evans
Apr 01, 2014 Kat Evans rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Romance lovers
Recommended to Kat by: No one
This is so much more than just a romance novel. This book shows that adults with Autism can do things with their lives if they only find something that lets them focus that unusual energy and creative something or in other ways be productive. I found it inspirational to know that even with limits or differences we can all be productive people.
Caro
A pretty good book. Good characters and personalities, a good story line, little things that were scattered throughout were interesting, a steamy scene, plenty of emotions, tough and sweet spots, a little heavy on the self-doubt, some deep moments and a perfect ending. This is a cuddle and relax kinda book and good for just reading any old time. Not something I would go-to but I enjoyed reading it. I'd definitely like to read more on the brothers too though. See what mischief Alex would get into ...more
Kalu Sakura
I still don't get why autism is mystified, but I like he sees it in other light at the end. Also makes me wish to go see garden designs.
garnetyuna
2,75 stars. I liked it, but not enough to give it 3 stars.

First read: October 2010.
Second read: 03 June 2014.
Anna
Very enjoyable, original story!
Sweetpea
Sweetpea marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2015
Mitzi Bayani
Mitzi Bayani marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2014
Nienke
Nienke added it
Oct 14, 2014
Aisyah Roslan
Aisyah Roslan marked it as to-read
Feb 28, 2015
Loji
Loji marked it as to-read
Nov 08, 2013
Amanda Renee
Amanda Renee marked it as to-read
Oct 20, 2013
Rettah
Rettah marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Australian Harlequin Mills & Boon Romance author Jennie Adams is a Waldenbooks Bestseller, and Romantic Times Reviewer’s Choice Award winner. Hundreds of thousands of copies of Jennie’s Harlequin Romance novels are in print around the world in English, hardback, paperback and eBook formats and in over a dozen foreign language editions marketed in countries as diverse as Russia, Japan, Spain, P ...more
More about Jennie Adams...

MacKay Brothers (2 books)
  • Surprise: Outback Proposal
Memo: Marry Me? Invitation to the Prince's Palace The Boss's Unconventional Assistant The Boss's Convenient Bride Promoted: Secretary to Bride!