Start by marking “Australian Boss: Diamond Ring ” as Want to Read:
Australian Boss: Diamond Ring

Australian Boss: Diamond Ring (MacKay Brothers #1)

3.14  ·  Rating Details  ·  29 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
Ever since Fiona Donner breezed into Brent MacKay's office with her sunny smile, bouncy enthusiasm and infectious laughter she's turned his ordered world topsy-turvy.The attraction zings between them, and Brent believes that Fiona may be the woman to finally release his fears--and the secret he's lived with his whole life.

"Only then can he put a sparkly ring on her finger.
Paperback, Harlequin Romance #4163, 183 pages
Published April 2010 by Harlequin Books (first published December 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Australian Boss, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Australian Boss

Maria
Mar 07, 2015 Maria rated it liked it
Shelves: harlequin, various

I liked this heartwarming story with believable, flawed and complex characters and its setting, in Sydney, Australia.
Both the hero and the heroine struggle with self-images of imperfection and overcome it. I just felt that the heroine, a strong and compassionate figure, gives up too easily on the hero, due to her insecurities.
I praise the author, Jennie Adams, for her choice of the wounded hero type, not very common, I think, at least in this kind of fiction. Very well done, even if in the end
Harlequin Books
" A very enjoyable story about learning to love yourself, accept yourself and fighting for yourself. Fiona Donner is bright, talented, insightful, open and giving but there's a sadness about her too, especially when she talks about her family. Brent MacKay is a wonderful man, very talented, but also guarded and vulnerable." From a review posted by an eHarlequin.com member, to read more go here.
Natalija
Jan 31, 2012 Natalija rated it really liked it
Shelves: category
Another fast read. I don't want to spoil anything, so I'll just say that you could enjoy it if you like any of these things:

* Australia
* Curvy heroine
* Unusual hero with mild autism

Fiona & Brent... I instantly fell in love with these two, and the chemistry between them was amazing. The only tiny little thing that bothered me was constant repetition of Brent's thoughts. More like different formulations of the same thought. Other than that, I enjoyed this book a lot.
~Megan~
Dec 15, 2010 ~Megan~ rated it it was amazing
Oh Jennie Adams, you always manage to touch my heart!

I've read several books by this author, but this is far and away my favorite. I'm so glad I looked beyond the cheesy book titles to find this author's work.

Brent has a landscaping business, and has just hired Fiona to be his graphic designer. He has two brothers, his "family by choice". They grew up in an orphanage together and became brothers in the truest sense of the word, banding together to overcome their loneliness. Brent was thrown awa
Kat Evans
Apr 01, 2014 Kat Evans rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Romance lovers
Recommended to Kat by: No one
This is so much more than just a romance novel. This book shows that adults with Autism can do things with their lives if they only find something that lets them focus that unusual energy and creative something or in other ways be productive. I found it inspirational to know that even with limits or differences we can all be productive people.
Caro
Jan 19, 2014 Caro rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: h-mnb-s
A pretty good book. Good characters and personalities, a good story line, little things that were scattered throughout were interesting, a steamy scene, plenty of emotions, tough and sweet spots, a little heavy on the self-doubt, some deep moments and a perfect ending. This is a cuddle and relax kinda book and good for just reading any old time. Not something I would go-to but I enjoyed reading it. I'd definitely like to read more on the brothers too though. See what mischief Alex would get into ...more
Kalu Sakura
Aug 24, 2014 Kalu Sakura rated it really liked it
I still don't get why autism is mystified, but I like he sees it in other light at the end. Also makes me wish to go see garden designs.
garnetyuna
Jun 02, 2014 garnetyuna rated it it was ok
Shelves: m-f
2,75 stars. I liked it, but not enough to give it 3 stars.

First read: October 2010.
Second read: 03 June 2014.
Anna
Apr 11, 2014 Anna rated it really liked it
Very enjoyable, original story!
Ada
Ada marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2016
Sammy
Sammy marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2016
Melissa Bogey
Melissa Bogey marked it as to-read
May 20, 2016
Danielle Rhodes
Danielle Rhodes marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2016
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2016
Amanda Goodner
Amanda Goodner marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2016
Valeria
Valeria rated it liked it
Apr 20, 2016
Julia
Julia marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2016
Kellie Demarsh
Kellie Demarsh marked it as to-read
Feb 25, 2016
Beiza
Beiza added it
Feb 18, 2016
Grace
Grace added it
Jan 28, 2016
Shirley Liao
Shirley Liao marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2016
Danielle
Danielle marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2016
Iluvromance814
Iluvromance814 marked it as to-read
Dec 26, 2015
Fernande
Fernande marked it as to-read
Dec 11, 2015
Ketlin
Ketlin added it
Nov 29, 2015
Dawn
Dawn is currently reading it
Oct 12, 2015
Virginia Reinmiller
Virginia Reinmiller rated it it was amazing
Oct 01, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »
Jennifer Ann Ryan was born on 1963 in a small country town in New South Wales Australia. She has travelled in America, trekked Australia’s Kosciusko National Park, lived and worked on a wheat/sheep farm, played piano at marriage ceremonies, sung in a choral production, and worked in jobs ranging from Legal transcription typist, to motor mechanic’s office assistant. She currently makes her home in ...more
More about Jennie Adams...

MacKay Brothers (2 books)
  • Surprise: Outback Proposal