Irish Hearts (Irish Hearts #1 & 2)

Irish Hearts (Irish Hearts #1-2)

3.97 of 5 stars 3.97  ·  rating details  ·  7,464 ratings  ·  141 reviews

Two complete novels.

Adelia Cunnane. Her hot temper sent the heart of Travis Grant aflame. Now the proud, powerful owner of Royal Meadows horse farm resolved to make this wild Irish Thoroughbred his own.

Erin McKinnon. A bold beauty, she accepted Burke Logan's loveless proposal and his cool promise of security and wealth. But could this ravishing Irish Rose win her hard-hear

Published June 1st 2000 by Silhouette Books

To ask other readers questions about Irish Hearts, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Irish Hearts

Mo
Please people, don't think irish people are like this. The "heroine" came across as being from the back end of beyond not having a clue about anything. Don't mind her being a virgin - we all were at some stage and me, being Irish, was probably one a lot longer than most, especially as I am Catholic along with that. I never read another Nora Roberts after this. Nobody in Ireland says "aye" or calls someone Mistress Bowers or whoever it was ... read the first story and could not finish it. Pains m...more
Maria
I found both stories in the book to be entertaining and different in an unexpected way. In Irish Thoroughbred I loved that Adelia is a tiny spitfire and how she loves Travis unconditionally, although they are at odds for the majority of the story because of a lack of communication, very common in Nora Roberts' novels. I did love the fact that it wasn't the traditional proposal at the end novel, like the majority of Nora Roberts' stories, and how Adelia went into willingly and determined to make...more
Miss Kim
Aug 11, 2008 Miss Kim rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Nora fans
Shelves: 2008
I really enjoy Nora Roberts' stories connected to Ireland. This book contains her first novel, Irish Thoroughbred, and its sequel, Irish Rose.
Irish Thoroughbred – Adelia Cunnane leaves Ireland for America to work on a horse farm with her uncle Paddy. She becomes a groom for the stable’s owner, Travis Grant. Uncle Paddy becomes ill and while ailing in the hospital he confesses that he wants to see them get together. Travis convinces Adelia that they should be married immediately to ‘help uncle Pa...more
Rochelle
Irish Thoroughbred : 3.5 stars

Irish Rose : 3 stars

I just don't feel the romances were realistic in both novels, but especially in Irish Rose. Both marriages were rushed, and both men not admitting that they loved their wives until the end was annoying.
Martha
I haven't read very many of Nora Roberts' romance novels, but I really liked this. Irish Hearts is a re-release of her very first book, Irish Thoroughbred, and its sequel, Irish Rose. They were both very good; I liked the first one better, though.
Holly Boyd
included Nora Roberts 1st book. enjoyed both books. each was really almost a novella, only about 180 pages long. both were centered around thoroughbred horse farms and included a trip to the Kentucky Derby. good, fun stories.
Jan
Jan 18, 2009 Jan rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: romance
Stacie  M. Ritchie
This book is two different stories. The first, Irish Thoroughbred was a story of Adelia. Dee came to America after the death of her aunt to stay with her uncle. Within days of her coming, she had the position of exercise boy for the horse Majesty. She worked hard, and didn’t think much of it. She ran into her employer under not so professional circumstances. His shock at the fact the pint-sized woman was an exercise boy, was entertaining. His attraction was also entertaining, along with his mane...more
Jen
I know that romance novels are all, to a point, formulaic. I know that the plot isn't the reason why one reads such books, but instead the books are read because they are character driven and the reader sees something of herself in the female protagonist. I generally enjoy books by Nora Roberts because she puts a lot of extra effort in to developing good, solid characters and a well described environment that teaches me something while at the same time remaining entertaining, but this compendium...more
Cyndy Aleo
Nora Roberts is probably the one romance writer who doesn't make me feel horribly guilty to be reading romance novels when I have yet to read so many of the classics. Her novels are always well-researched, and I never feel like my brain is turning to mush when I'm reading. I was ecstatic when my sister handed me Irish Hearts, a compilation of two Roberts novels: her very first book Irish Thoroughbred, and a sequel to it, Irish Rose.

::: Two Irish Lasses :::

Nora Roberts has always gravitated towar...more
Cyrisse
Oct 22, 2008 Cyrisse rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: romance readers
Recommended to Cyrisse by: n/a
Shelves: nora-roberts
Irish Thoroughbred and Irish Rose
Nora Roberts has always gravitated toward the Emerald Isle for both characters and settings, and chose a displaced Irishwoman as the heroine of her very first novel, Irish Hearts. Adelia "Dee" Cunnane was orphaned in Ireland at a young age. Her aunt came to take care of her and help work the family farm, but after the aunt has a stroke, Dee takes on all the work herself. When the aunt finally dies, Dee must resign herself to the fact that there is no way she can...more
Mariah
Irish Throughbred: This was a very captivating story that held your attention and kept you hanging on every word. It spun you right into Royal Medows and the plot had you rooting for the lovley horses and the main stubborn characters Travis and Adiel. It was a frustarating love story that had you thinking to yourself "Come on already!!" It is one of my favorites; a simple and compelling read with a group of characters that you you can relate to, love and remember.

Irish Rose: Irish Rose was more...more
Brittany
This book has two related romances. The first is about a Irish woman who leaves Ireland behind after suffering another death in the family, her aunt. Her parents died when she was 10 and now she is going to her uncle in Maryland, whom she hasn't seen since she was 3. The only communication she's had with her "Uncle Paddy" are letters they've sent over the years. However when she arrives, she and her uncle connect. Adelia and Travis' story is light but a good read. The next story is about Erin, A...more
Anja De rijk
Super leuk boek, heerlijk om te lezen als je wilt ontspannen en niet de diep na wilt denken. Verhaal zit goed in elkaar en dit is het eerste deel. Nora Roberts is heel goed in het beschrijven van de omgeving en de sfeer in het boek. Ook de personen beschrijft ze zo dat alsof je ze kent. Daarom vind ik het vaak leuk dat ze vaak meerdere boeken in een serie schrijft, je leert ze nog beter kennen en je wordt een deel van die familie.
Dus dit is ook weer een toppertje van Nora.
Sue
Her first novel

IRISH THOROUGHBRED

Irish lass Adelia Cunnane had entered a fairy tale! Working at the world-renowned Royal Meadows stables was a dream come true. She was determined to prove her worth, especially to the stables' owner—the very opinionated and ruggedly handsome Travis Grant. Princesses weren't the only ones who could have a happily-ever-after!

IRISH ROSE

Erin McKinnon had followed her cousin Adelia to America and was immediately captivated by Royal Meadows' charm.

But she was not nearl...more
Hazel
I'd heard about Nora Roberts before I read these books. But I have to say that the hype didn't live up to the experience. I thought it was really strange that both of the main characters in this double book practically despised the men they ended up with. And even stranger that these men felt they had to trick or pressure the women into marriage. I also didn't like how in the first book Adelia was compared to a throughbred horse. As if she was just a thing to acquire for beauty or pleasure. The...more
This is an escape for me. I like Nora Roberts and you can tell that this is an early work, but it was a good story. I enjoyed its.
Kathy Davie
Shawn
Another great book by Danielle steel. I am heading to library this weekend to get Irish Dreams that next two stories in this series.
Maryann Fox
Loved these stories.

I was the cheerleader for the heroines, hoping they would live happily ever after.
Maria
Irish Thoroughbred has always delighted me. I love the Irish brogue, which Ms. Roberts is adept at creating in print, and the characters, with Dee's quick temper and Travis's quick fascination with her, are sure to catch the fancy. A quick, light read when needed. Irish Rose has the same appeal, except that the characters have a bit more depth and the plot a little suspense, both of which were lacking in the first book. Nevertheless, I like Irish Thoroughbred better, mainly because the character...more
Kathleen Smith
Irish hearts has two books in one "Irish Thoroughbred & Irish Rose. Irish Thoroughbred was awesome! I loved the romance part with out a doubt. The other thing that had me very interested was the fact that it also dealt with a horse stables. I love horses so all that I read about the stables and how they took care of the horses and raced them in this book really got me intersted. In fact I was interested it made me want to see a horse race for myself.
Irish Rose was just as good in it own way...more
Dora-lee
With my weakness for anything Irish this duo in one was Just what the heart ordered .

Come with me on a romantic but bumpy ride with the lovely Adelia Cunnane and Travis Grant you will find yourself smiling and sighing and rooting for true love to find its way .

Before you get too comfortable in comes Erin McKinnon and Burke Logan two head strong people that discover that dreams DO come true .

I so enjoyed this wonderful journey have revisited many times and hope you find the same joy I did .
Gems
I read this a couple of weeks ago, when it was rereleased by Mills and Boon and while I loved the story and the setting, my pet peeve would be the way the Irish speak. I just can't get my head around their language and conversation. Other than that, I would have no problem with it at all. I loved both stories though both of them getting married so early is very different but I acknowledge they were written at a vastly different time. I wasn't even born, so who am I to complain?
Ginelle Blanch
Really loved both books that were in the book. I wish that Irish Thoroughbred had been a bit longer so we could see more of Travis and Dee together. But, we got to see a bit of them in Burke and Erin's book. I love the characters in both books. Strong female characters as well as strong, unsure male characters. The books took me back a bit to my youth. I loved The Black Stallion series by Walter Farley and these books had a lot about horses and racing in them. Very enjoyable reads!
Pat
Didn't intentionally read these right at Kentucky Derby time, but it did make them a lot of fun. Nora Roberts' first forays into the world of publishing. I don't read a lot of Nora but I have a lot of respect for someone who has such a huge body of work, success all over the world and is still pumping out the hits. I do think I like her In Death series better, though. I also think I need to read some Sarah Hardesty just for the fun of it!
Mandy Stewart
I love her! She writes so beautifully!
Page Missing 1 15 Jul 31, 2012 11:28PM
  • Rogue Stallion (Montana Mavericks)
  • Midnight Sons Volume 1: Brides for Brothers and The Marriage Risk
  • Three in Death (In Death, #7.5, 12.5, 22.5)
  • Deep Waters
  • Only You (Only Series, #3)
  • Always
  • A Vow to Love
aka
Jill March
J.D. Robb
Sarah Hardesty

Eleanor Marie Robertson was born on October 10, 1950 in Silver Spring, Maryland, USA. She was the youngest of five children, also the only girl, of a marriage with Irish ancestors. Her family were avid readers, so books were always important in her life. She attended a Catholic school and credits the nuns with instilling in her a sense of discipline. During her...more
More about Nora Roberts...

“There was nothing wrong with being able to handle things herself. Nothing wrong with wanting to.And she did appreciate Brian's help.
And she didn't need caffeine.
"I like caffeine," she grumbled. "I enjoy it, and that's entirely different from needing it.Entirely.I could give it up anytime I wanted, and I'd barely miss it."
Annoyed,she snagged the soft drink she'd left on a shelf and guzzled.
All right,so maybe she would miss it. But only beause she liked the taste. It wasn't like a craving or an addiction or...
She couldn't say why Brian popped into her head just then.She was certain if he'd seen her staring in a kind of horror at a soft drink bottle, he'd have been amused.It was debatable what his reaction would be if he'd realized she wasn't actually seeing the bottle, but his face.
No,that wasn't a need, either, she thought quickly. She did not need Brian Donnelly. It was attraction.Affection-a cautious kind of affection.He was a man who interested her, and whom she admired in many ways. But it wasn't as if she needed...
"Oh God."
It had to be overreaction, she decided, and set the bottle aside as carefully as she would have a container of nitro. What she was going through was something as simple as overromanticizing an affair. That would be natural enough, she told herself, particularly sice this was her first.
She didn't want to be in love with him. She began wielding the pitchfork vigorously now, as if to sweat out a fever.She didn't choose to be in love with him. That was even more important.When her hands trembled she ignored them and worked harder still.
By the time her mother joined her, Keeley had herself under control enough to casually ask Adelia to work in the office while she exervised Sam.
Keeley Grant had never run from a problem in her life,and she wasn't about to start now.She saddled her mount,then rode off to clear her head before she dealt with the problem at hand.”
3 likes