Start by marking “Kieran the Black” as Want to Read:
Kieran the Black

Kieran the Black

3.89 of 5 stars 3.89  ·  rating details  ·  242 ratings  ·  15 reviews
If you hold his sword in your hands and place the point of the blade in Kieran's crest, you will experience life like you have never known it. When the frizzy-headed crone took thirty-nine-year-old Lizzie Johnston's hands and wrapped them around the sword, she felt a little weird. That's nothing compared to what she feels when she wakes up in the body of eighteen-year-old ...more
Published May 23rd 2003 by Ellora's Cave

To ask other readers questions about Kieran the Black, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kieran the Black

Ruth
I really enjoyed this one. The time-travel theme isn't particularly original, and the ending isn't, but there are a few reasons why I was hooked from the start.

First off, this doesn't pretend to be literature, or ultra-romantic. It's a time travel story with a vengeful, pissed middle-aged, and rather plain woman, who suddenly finds herself in the body of a total babe, married to Mr Gorgeous himself. Well, she's going to put all of her previous incarnation's experiences to good use, to get exact
Noura Ariz
If you are looking for a short satisfying read, this is one of it. Although the premise of the story is tried and tested - a modern-day woman time traveled and ended up in more than half-millenia back in time, falls in love with a man from that time and HEA etc, the story and characters themselves are quite easy to love. I was put-off by the title at first - Kieran The Black. Doesn't say much there. (And what's with the cover - nude warrior with a sword? Seriously...look closely - no pants/kilt. ...more
Maggie Chatterton
Kieran the Black by Julia Templeton is a gripping, fast-paced time travel story about a woman named Lizzie going on a journey of a lifetime, becoming the woman she had been destined to become all along.
The intimate scenes between Lizzie and her soul mate, Kieran, were sizzling hot and wasn't distasteful. It was beautifully written with details to draw you into the story.

(view spoiler)
Jane Stewart
Ok story, but it was lacking in emotional fulfillment for me. There were a lot of sex scenes, but they were pretty similar to each other. I like erotic stories but I prefer those which have something else like laughter, surprise, witty conversation, anticipation of an emotional relationship or feelings of fulfillment. This story was missing something for me.

Story Brief:
Current day Lizzie time travels to 1067 where she finds herself as the wife of Kieran the Black. The wife she replaced hated him
I_love_a_happily_ever_after
This indie time travel erotic romance novella has a fresh new story set up and is set in a time period which is not overused. I think the author did a good job with character development considering the length. I did not realize it was erotic romance when I purchased the book, so the sensuality was over the top for me, but someone else might love the steaminess. I gave it three stars because I liked the story, but I will warm you that it needs a professional editor.
Simmu Pham
Oh loved it!
Sharom
I liked it
Kristin Campbell
This HAS to be my favorite novella of the year! It had everything; humor, romance, threats, suspense, fear, love, flirting and an adventure (with sword fighting and arrows flying).

I laughed so much throughout this book. The humor of the main character was priceless. If I were in her shoes, I would react the same way! (laughing now as I think about it.) Not too mention, the response from those around her.

I hope Julia does a whole series with this idea. It was way too good to want it to end so s
April
I liked it. Since it is one of those books that I could go back and reread it, I gave it four star. I mean seriously how many book makes you want to reread it after you read it. It was a light read and of course should not have been listed as erotic but I guess that was the standard then compare to now.
Anna
What girl wouldn't want to wake up in find herself back in time in the body of a beautiful young woman with the sinfully Hot "Kiernan the Black" lusting over you... Yes Please...
Swray03
So usually historical romance novels bore me to death....but this one had a great pace throughout the entire story. To the author, well done!
Marina
Not so original, the romance was weak and the love scenes could be read by a teenager. I havent understand how this book was tagged erotica!
Kerry
Love this story! Great spunky h and super strong and sexy H.
Francis
Loved it.
Jackie Kennedy
Jackie Kennedy marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2015
Yaneth
Yaneth marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2015
Viveka
Viveka marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2015
Daydreamer
Daydreamer marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2015
Calli
Calli marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2015
  • Warlord
  • After The Storm
  • Arabian Pearl (Brothers of the Absinthe Club, #1)
  • Wicked Wishes
  • All Chained Up (Cress Brothers, #2)
  • Desperate Seduction
  • Secrets: Volume 2
  • Blackstar: Future Knight
  • Parlor Games
  • Legend's Passion (Devlin Dynasty, #4)
  • Bride Reborn (Star Brides, #2)
  • Bitten (Moon Lust, #2)
I was born in Crescent City , California , a small logging town on the Pacific coast, home of enormous redwood trees and clear rivers. I have great memories of playing on stumps the size of small houses on my grandmother's acreage in a little town just north of Crescent City called Fort Dick . My sister and I would take daily walks to the main street store—an old, tiny white building that included ...more
More about Julia Templeton...
Little Miss Independent The Bargain (The Bargain, #1) Sinjin (Rakehells of Rochester, #1) Dangerous Desires Return to Me