Start by marking “It's a Breakup Not a Breakdown: Getting Over the Big One and Changing Your Life --For Good” as Want to Read:

Every woman has experienced her 'Big Breakup', the one that shakes her core and makes her feel she doesn't want to fall in love ever again. This text reminds women that a breakup is about celebrating who they are and figuring out how to pick themselves up after the fall and move on.
Published April 2nd 2007 by Polka Dot Press (first published January 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about It's a Breakup Not a Breakdown, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about It's a Breakup Not a Breakdown

Nov 03, 2009 Jennifer rated it really liked it
Shelves: health-wellness
I only read Part 1 of this book which is the "Break Up" part. During my break-up my family would say things like "resist the urge to text him" or "throw away all his stuff." This book would say the same things but in a much funny, healthier, do-it-at-my-own-pace way. My two favorite chapters was the "Exorcise Your Ex Out of Your Life" and the "Breakup Can Be Similar To Natural Disasters." I never made it to Part 2 "Moving On" because I felt ready to move on by the time I finished Part 1.

I recom
Kelly
Sep 13, 2007 Kelly rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: girls dealing with a breakup
Shelves: relationships
It's a good book when you're dealing with the hard feelings after a breakup, but you're not going to learn anything new from it. Useful as the shoulder to cry on when you've just about driven your friends batty discussing your breakup. The author proposes throwing a Moving On party which would be a fun idea. Who doesn't love a party? Don't expect anything Earth-shattering and you won't be disappointed.
Maria Calleja
Apr 05, 2012 Maria Calleja rated it it was amazing
i absolutely loved this book after my first tough break up. lol its totally written on because she allows you to make notes on the book to get to know whats hard about letting go. i like how this lady gives woman the push to change for the better and to learn from their experiences. if you had a bad breakup i really recommend this book. it helped me <3..but u must stick to the rules if not u just wasted ur money lol
Aug 31, 2011 Laura rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it! I will be refering back to it in the future.
E
Dec 22, 2008 E rated it really liked it
Help on Surviving a Breakup

If you tend to endure a breakup holed up in your room in comfy PJs, then getAbstract recommends that you place this survival guide next to your chick flick DVDs, high-priced chocolates and box of tissues. This girl-power book by Lisa Steadman, nicknamed “The Relationship Journalist,” reads like a long “You go, girl!” exclamation. Steadman explains that you can use the “big breakup” experience to become more fabulous than before you met Mr. Wrong. All it takes is a lit
Colleen Hulihan
May 27, 2015 Colleen Hulihan rated it it was amazing
This book was amazing. I highly recommend this book regardless of whether your breakup happened 1 hour or 3 years ago. This is a great guide to help pick up all of the pieces or just identify the few you missed in your own healing process. Always remember to trust yourself.
Elizabeth
If you've ever read a book on how to get over a breakup, you'll find nothing new here. It also has also the newly single cliches that pop up in movies: lots of stuff about Ben & Jerry's, wearing sweats, followed by a renewed optimism and strappy heels and martinis.
Kathleen
Feb 07, 2008 Kathleen rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Women
Recommended to Kathleen by: The Today Show
Shelves: my-self-help
OH MY GOD. Best "get over it" book I've ever read. Seriously, this girl knows what she's talking about, and has tons of experience plus great ideas that will help jut about anyone get through the biggest breakup of their lives. NO kidding.
Samar
Mar 12, 2013 Samar rated it it was amazing
It has a great girl power vibe! And love the real life stories. It's normal and it happens. I felt like I had my BFF in my hands with this book
Beatrice
Jul 11, 2013 Beatrice rated it it was ok
Shelves: self-help, meh
Use this book as a funny distraction only. You won't learn anything from it, nor understand the situation any better- and without these things, there is no true healing.
Micky Stew
Micky Stew rated it it was amazing
Mar 23, 2013
Jan Payne
Jan Payne rated it liked it
Jul 24, 2012
Val
Val rated it it was amazing
Sep 14, 2016
Melissa
Melissa rated it liked it
Oct 10, 2008
Kelsey Ruckert
Kelsey Ruckert rated it really liked it
Aug 02, 2014
Aurora
Aurora rated it did not like it
Dec 27, 2015
Judith
Judith rated it it was amazing
Jun 29, 2012
Kristen
Kristen rated it it was amazing
Mar 17, 2013
Edyta
Edyta rated it liked it
Aug 31, 2012
Jenni Dietel
Jenni Dietel rated it really liked it
Sep 24, 2016
Asja Wright
Asja Wright rated it liked it
Oct 05, 2010
Chelsie Helmes
Chelsie Helmes rated it it was amazing
Aug 26, 2012
Anna Franzosa
Anna Franzosa rated it really liked it
Oct 28, 2015
Laura rated it it was amazing
May 22, 2014
Corina
Corina rated it really liked it
Nov 20, 2012
Amanda Burg
Amanda Burg rated it liked it
Sep 15, 2014
Pau Galicia
Pau Galicia rated it liked it
Aug 15, 2012
Millie Crum
Millie Crum rated it really liked it
Sep 30, 2014
Claudia
Claudia rated it it was amazing
Dec 27, 2013
Mia Meneses
Mia Meneses rated it it was amazing
Apr 27, 2013