Start by marking “Triskellion 2: The Burning” as Want to Read:
Triskellion 2: The Burning

Triskellion 2: The Burning (Triskellion #2)

3.86 of 5 stars 3.86  ·  rating details  ·  284 ratings  ·  30 reviews
As twins Rachel and Adam are pursued across Europe by terrifying forces, they realize they can trust no one — and must draw on their special
powers to survive.

After the shocking revelations in TRISKELLION, being guests of the "Hope Project" might seem like a relief. But Rachel and Adam soon figure out that they’re being held prisoner, and that the program has more sinister
Published September 28th 2010 by Candlewick Press (first published March 2nd 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Triskellion 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Triskellion 2

Meghan
Miss Clark
Jul 18, 2009 Miss Clark rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Hardcore fans of the first book
Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Kira M for TeensReadToo.com

With the help of the mysterious Gabriel, Rachel and Adam have managed to escape from the village of Triskellion and their mysterious family heritage.

Soon, however, they are betrayed and captured by the mysterious Hope Agency and are experimented on and held prisoner. When more of their "special abilities" start surfacing, the twins realize that staying at the Hope Agency is not safe.

With the help of three other sets of twins, the two escape and are chased a
Anne
I wish I could give half-stars - this one's not quite a 4 but better than a 3.

I got the ARC from Candlewick Press through LibraryThing's Early Reviewers. I asked for Triskellion 2: The Burnbing because the first book left me confused. I thought I was reading a run-of-the-mill kids fantasy book right up until the very end of Triskellion. This second book was clear from the get go: it is a science fiction book, not a fantasy book. At first I was disappointed, being a die-hard kids fantasy fan, but
Szawanah S
though some would like to say that they dont really like the book, i shall say that i like the book. it was something else. i had enough of wizardly and vampires. seriously. it takes place in a rural village in England where everybody knows everybody and are skeptical towards the newcomers. i enjoyed reading how Adam and Rachel are not just a twin but share more; well you see, they can speak to each other without having to speak up. and i like the mysterious aura brought by Gabriel though someti ...more
Jess - The Tales Compendium
The sequel to Triskellion is absolutely brilliant! It had been so long since I read the first book that I wasn't sure I would be able to get into the second as I couldn't remember a lot of what had happened, but I found, that even if you cant remember all the details from the first book, The Burning is awesome.

As the first book slowly came back to me, I got more and more excited about what was happening in the sequel. There is far more action, conspiracy and supernatural happenings in this then
Samantha Boyette
This was a pretty interesting book. It was also fairly good. I dunno, I agree with a couple other people who say it's 3 and 1/2 stars. It's just not quite a 4 star book for me.

The first book read like a fantasy, but this one shows the true science fiction in the plot that was only barely revealed at the end of the first book. Maybe it's just that I like fantasy better, but I enjoyed the first book more.

There's still lots of questions left out there at the end of this book. I will need to finis
Jeremiah Griff
A great continuation of the first book. More twists, action, and just plain secrets than before, this fast-paced thriller is packed with all sorts new surprises and even more characters! It even reveals that Rachel and Adam (if you remember the first two characters from the first book) can do much more than the average human because of their history.
--------/-\---------------------------------------------------
-------/---\--------------------------------------------------
----_/___\_---- The Tris
Rulana Abidi
I am thoroughly enjoying this series, can't wait for book 3!
Rashidah
It is a very interesting book!
Gary Murphy
realy enjoyed the 2nd book in the trilogy in the second outing of Rachel and Adam it starts of where 1st 1 ended rachel and adam are trapped in the hope foundation.What do they want from them?They have to get away Gabriel turns up again and has a plan and they set out on another adventure this time the story is action packed and it all ends at a climatic finale all i can say is roll on the 3rd
Carrie Nilles
I was very disappointed in this sequel. While the first book had a fantasy feel to it, this book read more like a Da Vinci Code thriller with science fiction aspirations. It also seemed a very long chase with little payoff. I will stop here and not read the next one, and there is little doubt that there will be a next one.
Angie
started: ok, round 2, and the plot gets weirder. this could be a good thing.
paused: read a few pages to my 17 year old, gave her the back story and now i'm waiting for her to finish it. that's ok i have a STACK of others to read.
John
Twin brother and sister. Off spring of ancient aliens chased by two groups. One for revenge, one for DNA study. both willing to kill them to get what they want. Excellent read.
Zaira
Really good, way better than the first! It's kind of sad at the end, but it's still got an amazing plot and characters! I can't wait to read the next book!
Elicia (Girl in the Woods Reviews)
I really really really love this book! Every bit as chilling and mysterious as the first, this book has once again captivated me with it's twists and turns.
Simon
More exciting than the first volume and more teen material than kids
Audrey
I loved the additional characters and the story development. Gabriel felt off to me, though.
Reyna
It's very nice, not exactly the best.. I wouldn't nessaccarily recommend it to anyone
Mandy
eh, i had to read it to know what happened. It pulled me in more than the first book.
I thought I would give the series another chance but it just got stranger.
Dasha
I have read the first one ...now I have to read the second ! :D
Morgan
Sep 19, 2010 Morgan marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I just finished the first book and I realy want to read this one
B.
Still enjoyable enough but more of a typical thriller-type.
Collette Wright
Really good, but i didn't like the ending.
Zengfer
Not as good as the first one...
  • A Heart For Any Fate: Westward To Oregon, 1845
  • A Voice of Her Own: Becoming Emily Dickinson
  • Heretic
  • Demon Chick
  • Camille McPhee Fell Under the Bus ...
  • Kingdom of Twilight (Avatars, #3)
  • Straw House, Wood House, Brick House, Blow
  • It's All Downhill From Here (How I Survived Middle School, #8)
  • The Sky Village (Kaimira, #1)
  • The Princess of Trelian (Trelian, #2)
  • Vintage Veronica
  • Bloodline Rising (Bloodline, #2)
  • Lifeline
  • Petronella Saves Nearly Everyone: The Entomological Tales of Augustus T. Percival
  • Julia Gillian (and The Art Of Knowing)
  • The Thursday Next Chronicles
  • Ocean Realm (Crystal Doors, #2)
  • Visions of Distant Shores: An Andre Norton Collection
Will Peterson is a shared pseudonym of Mark Billingham, award-winning author of the bestselling Tom Thorne crime novels, and Peter Cocks, a popular children’s television writer and performer. Mark Billingham lives in London, and Peter Cocks lives in Kent, England.
More about Will Peterson...

Triskellion (3 books)
  • Triskellion (Triskellion, #1)
  • The Gathering (Triskellion, #3)
Triskellion (Triskellion, #1) The Gathering (Triskellion, #3)