Start by marking “The Burning (Triskellion, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Burning (Triskellion, #2)

The Burning (Triskellion #2)

As twins Rachel and Adam are pursued across Europe by terrifying forces, they realize they can trust no one — and must draw on their special
powers to survive.

After the shocking revelations in TRISKELLION, being guests of the "Hope Project" might seem like a relief. But Rachel and Adam soon figure out that they’re being held prisoner, and that the program has more sinis
Published September 28th 2010 by Candlewick Press (first published March 2nd 2009)

To ask other readers questions about The Burning, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Burning

Meghan Coffey
Mashael Al-Thuwaini
Read this a long time ago... It sucked.
Apr 21, 2016 Laura rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
After reading the first book in this trilogy I wasn’t too enthused and didn’t go out of my way to find the second book. However, when I came across it in the library by chance I decided to give it a go.
I’m glad that I did because this book was definitely better than the first. Although there was a rather large section that was just (view spoiler) This book is the de
Szawanah S
Dec 01, 2013 Szawanah S rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: english-books
though some would like to say that they dont really like the book, i shall say that i like the book. it was something else. i had enough of wizardly and vampires. seriously. it takes place in a rural village in England where everybody knows everybody and are skeptical towards the newcomers. i enjoyed reading how Adam and Rachel are not just a twin but share more; well you see, they can speak to each other without having to speak up. and i like the mysterious aura brought by Gabriel though someti ...more
Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Kira M for TeensReadToo.com

With the help of the mysterious Gabriel, Rachel and Adam have managed to escape from the village of Triskellion and their mysterious family heritage.

Soon, however, they are betrayed and captured by the mysterious Hope Agency and are experimented on and held prisoner. When more of their "special abilities" start surfacing, the twins realize that staying at the Hope Agency is not safe.

With the help of three other sets of twins, the two escape and are chased a
Anne
Apr 09, 2009 Anne rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya
I wish I could give half-stars - this one's not quite a 4 but better than a 3.

I got the ARC from Candlewick Press through LibraryThing's Early Reviewers. I asked for Triskellion 2: The Burnbing because the first book left me confused. I thought I was reading a run-of-the-mill kids fantasy book right up until the very end of Triskellion. This second book was clear from the get go: it is a science fiction book, not a fantasy book. At first I was disappointed, being a die-hard kids fantasy fan, but
Miss Clark
Mar 10, 2009 Miss Clark rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Hardcore fans of the first book
Jess - The Tales Compendium
The sequel to Triskellion is absolutely brilliant! It had been so long since I read the first book that I wasn't sure I would be able to get into the second as I couldn't remember a lot of what had happened, but I found, that even if you cant remember all the details from the first book, The Burning is awesome.

As the first book slowly came back to me, I got more and more excited about what was happening in the sequel. There is far more action, conspiracy and supernatural happenings in this then
Samantha Boyette
Oct 03, 2012 Samantha Boyette rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012
This was a pretty interesting book. It was also fairly good. I dunno, I agree with a couple other people who say it's 3 and 1/2 stars. It's just not quite a 4 star book for me.

The first book read like a fantasy, but this one shows the true science fiction in the plot that was only barely revealed at the end of the first book. Maybe it's just that I like fantasy better, but I enjoyed the first book more.

There's still lots of questions left out there at the end of this book. I will need to finis
Paul
Sep 20, 2015 Paul rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2015
Review written: 18th December, 2015

Triskellion 2: The Burning by Will Peterson

Why I read it: I’d liked the first one well enough that I wanted to read the others.

Rating: 3/5

What I thought: This was actually quite good, even if it’s still got more of the customary Triskellion nonsense and weirdness. It’s become a real globetrotting, chase book now, and for the most part this works really well. It’s a tad simplistic and preachy almost, but it could have been way worse. There’s a little too much an
Jeremiah Griff
Nov 29, 2013 Jeremiah Griff rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A great continuation of the first book. More twists, action, and just plain secrets than before, this fast-paced thriller is packed with all sorts new surprises and even more characters! It even reveals that Rachel and Adam (if you remember the first two characters from the first book) can do much more than the average human because of their history.
--------/-\---------------------------------------------------
-------/---\--------------------------------------------------
----_/___\_---- The Tris
Gary Murphy
Dec 04, 2011 Gary Murphy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
realy enjoyed the 2nd book in the trilogy in the second outing of Rachel and Adam it starts of where 1st 1 ended rachel and adam are trapped in the hope foundation.What do they want from them?They have to get away Gabriel turns up again and has a plan and they set out on another adventure this time the story is action packed and it all ends at a climatic finale all i can say is roll on the 3rd
Carrie
May 15, 2009 Carrie rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 50-fail
I was very disappointed in this sequel. While the first book had a fantasy feel to it, this book read more like a Da Vinci Code thriller with science fiction aspirations. It also seemed a very long chase with little payoff. I will stop here and not read the next one, and there is little doubt that there will be a next one.
Dallys
Jan 29, 2016 Dallys rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved it. It had a lot of mystery and I was even able to connect and put together some of the mystery by myself. At first I was kind of skeptical, but after a few chapters I was hooked! I couldn't put it down and read a few pages every time I got a chance! Ended up reading about 300 pages in only 2 hours! I loved it that much! I loved the ending, too.
Angie
Dec 06, 2009 Angie rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
started: ok, round 2, and the plot gets weirder. this could be a good thing.
paused: read a few pages to my 17 year old, gave her the back story and now i'm waiting for her to finish it. that's ok i have a STACK of others to read.
V
Mar 10, 2015 V rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I gave the first one a 4 stars and this one 3 stars. This was still an amazing book however it took me a lot longer to finish. I think that reason was was because it didn't have as much mystery to it as the first one did. Besides that, it was a great read!
Olivia
Feb 05, 2015 Olivia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved the additional characters and the story development. Gabriel felt off to me, though.
Collette
Feb 18, 2013 Collette rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really good, but i didn't like the ending.
Elicia Cheah
Jan 09, 2013 Elicia Cheah rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really really really love this book! Every bit as chilling and mysterious as the first, this book has once again captivated me with it's twists and turns.
I thought I would give the series another chance but it just got stranger and I don't think that there was anything which stood out to bring me back to it's narrative
B.
Sep 05, 2013 B. rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Still enjoyable enough but more of a typical thriller-type.
Zengfer
Not as good as the first one...
Reyna
Jun 11, 2010 Reyna rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
It's very nice, not exactly the best.. I wouldn't nessaccarily recommend it to anyone
Morgan
Sep 19, 2010 Morgan marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I just finished the first book and I realy want to read this one
Simon
May 17, 2014 Simon rated it really liked it
More exciting than the first volume and more teen material than kids
Naomi
readit!!
Mandy
Dec 06, 2009 Mandy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult
eh, i had to read it to know what happened. It pulled me in more than the first book.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Camille McPhee Fell Under the Bus ...
  • A Heart For Any Fate: Westward To Oregon, 1845
  • A Voice of Her Own: Becoming Emily Dickinson
  • The Sky Village (Kaimira, #1)
  • Kingdom of Twilight (Avatars, #3)
  • It's All Downhill From Here (How I Survived Middle School, #8)
  • Demon Chick
  • The Princess of Trelian (Trelian, #2)
  • Straw House, Wood House, Brick House, Blow
  • Petronella Saves Nearly Everyone: The Entomological Tales of Augustus T. Percival
  • Julia Gillian (and The Art Of Knowing)
  • Elissa's Odyssey (Phoenix Rising, #2)
  • Darkness Under the Water
  • Vintage Veronica
  • Lifeline
  • I Want Candy
  • Bloodline Rising (Bloodline, #2)
  • Visions of Distant Shores: An Andre Norton Collection
Will Peterson is a shared pseudonym of Mark Billingham, award-winning author of the bestselling Tom Thorne crime novels, and Peter Cocks, a popular children’s television writer and performer. Mark Billingham lives in London, and Peter Cocks lives in Kent, England.
More about Will Peterson...

Triskellion (3 books)
  • Triskellion (Triskellion, #1)
  • The Gathering (Triskellion, #3)