The Giza Power Plant: Technologies of Ancient Egypt

The Giza Power Plant: Technologies of Ancient Egypt

4.3 of 5 stars 4.30  ·  rating details  ·  176 ratings  ·  26 reviews
Did a highly advanced civilization exist in prehistory? Is the Giza Pyramid a remnant of their technology? Then, what was the power source that fueled such a civilization? The technology of harmonic resonance, claims renowned master craftsman and engineer Christopher Dunn. In a brilliant piece of reverse engineering based on twenty years of research, Dunn reveals that the...more
Published August 1st 1998 by Bear & Company

To ask other readers questions about The Giza Power Plant, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Giza Power Plant

Atlantis by Ignatius DonnellyAfrican Temples of the Anunnaki by Michael TellingerUriel's Machine by Christopher    KnightAncient Traces by Michael BaigentFrom the Ashes of Angels by Andrew Collins
Ancient Mysteries
7th out of 44 books — 6 voters
What's Behind Your Belly Button? A Psychological Perspective ... by Martha Char LoveThe Complete Quotations of Friedrich Nietzsche by Friedrich NietzscheThe Hungry Wolves of Van Diemen's Land by Paul ChristensenBe God To Yourself by Jean-Yves CrozierMythbusting the Cult of Confucius by Wayne Deeker
Best Books For Free Thinkers
10th out of 13 books — 16 voters

More lists with this book...

My Pseudonym
One of the best books available - on what many people believe - to be the true function regarding the Great Pyramid of Giza. Christopher Dunn has been a mechanical engineer for more than 40 years. He presents a serious, open-minded, and very strong hypothesis to support his power plant theory.

The tomb theory is picked apart throughout the book, however, many will be surprised to know that out of all the pyramids in Egypt (100-odd), not one original body has been discovered to support the orthodo...more
John
I got to go to Egypt in 2006. I had already read this book, but being inside the Great Pyramid made this book real for me. When you are in Egypt, and you see all the tombs and temples and ceremonial centers you see the Egyptians "wrote" on everything. In places like Dendra (it means "house of bread") they even carved/painted the ceilings! You can see writing all over the tombs in the valley of the Kings.
But look inside the Great Pyramid, which is supposed to be a tomb. It is the grandest structu...more
Jeroen
It is always intriguing to read something out of the ordinary. Like Charles Hapgoods wonderful book 'Maps of the Ancient Sea Kings', this book also really tingles your imagination. It brings some really hard evidence to the table for an alternative interpretation of the 'function' of the pyramids of the Giza complex. Like Robert Bauval before him, he might eventually be proven right, which would really change the way we should think about ourselves and our 'recent' history. Added to the data fro...more
Simon
Gary
Aug 18, 2007 Gary rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: engineering-minded people,
This book was very intriguing. Dunn's hypothesis, that the Great Pyramid at Giza functioned as a power plant via the prinicples of resonance and crystal amplification, is amazing but seemingly unverifiable. He approaches the design and function of the pyramid from an engineers viewpoint and makes some remarkable observations concerning the tools and techniques that would have been required to build what we see there today. He shows examples of tool marks on stones in the area of the pyramid that...more
Megan Lovejoy
Although parts of the book are a bit far fetched, some very intriguing thought is put into the technological conjectures proposed. I would forward that there may be an alternate application for the configuration of the pyramids with the advent of LED technology and our understanding of how electrons emit light energy when an initiating electrical charge is applied. Could we have a beacon, rather than a power source?
Thom Foolery
Chris Marchan
This is the author I have been looking for. Christopher Dunn comes across as a man of very reputable and learned background. He is NOT an archeologist, which is one point in his favor. He brings a very succinct and encompassing light to the mysteries of the Cheops pyramid. He has brought together the elements of advanced "Pythagorean" geometry, geomancy, harmonics, and his specialty tools and machines. He is really on to something here. It just feels right.

I found most of what he writes in this...more
Debasish Das
Somehow I tried to refrain myself from boring you with the technical nuances and minute details of this theory, but amazed as I am just like millions of readers, could not stop myself from highlighting the aspects that I liked in the book. The author writes with simplicity yet with authority, and it is a pleasure to appreciate the logical reasonings..The pictures and diagrams in the book are excellent in explaining the many concepts described in the rather short and succinct book of 250 pages..r...more
Babak Fakhamzadeh
Very interesting and credible enough theory on how the pyramid of Khufu actually once operates as, basically, a giant engine, amplifying micro waves to be used as a power source.
The author easily shows there is ample circumstantial evidence that Egyptians used power tools to fashion the pyramids and puts forward a reasonable theory, if fantastic, that explains many of the awkward quirks of the great pyramid, as well as others.

The only problem I have with the book is that the author displays many...more
Markus
Stumbled a bit upon this one. Never had any interest in the esoteric archeology field, however most of this book is more an analysis on the construction of the pyramids from an expert engineering / stone mason point of view. Up to now the explanation of how the pyramids were constructed was left to archeologists who, of course, have no idea about technology and engineering.

Dunn comes up with a lot of prove why the construction of the pyramids is not even possible with our technology we have toda...more
Sebastian Szwarc
For reader living in Europe - the most annoying thing in whole book is using non-metrical measure systems by author. Book is full of technical details and measurements and it is very difficult to follow and imagine stupid units like cubic feet , inches etc. Otherwise very solid work, reminds me about how little we know about the past.
Matthew Petti
Unlike many of the pyramid theories, Christopher Dunn presents an unusual but important discovery. Written from an engineer's perspective, his impeccable attention to all details of the Great Pyramid has proven to me his ability to reverse engineer what is obviously a sophisticated machine deriving its power from the harmonics between the earth and the stars to which it is finely tuned. His revolutionary theory is the first to address the synergy of components in the pyramid, which most people w...more
Tom
I was researching something else at the library and came across this gem. This is some great fringe reading. I don't know if I really believe the guy but I love reading about fringe archeology. If this guy didn't set up his theory around the pyramid being a power plant, we'd have a viable alternative energy source idea. Think about it, a large scale tuning fork stuck in one of the most seismically active areas on the planet.
Brian
Very interesting information about the possible technologies in ancient times. The book looks at what we have, and the author works backwards into figuring out what they would have needed in order to machine the stones and build the pyramids.

Some of the things they did were just crazy. No way it was a bunch of primative fools with chisles and hammers.
Marc
Jul 18, 2013 Marc rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Krish Webb
First of all, this book provided for some very surreal synchronistic moments. But just on content alone, it was a fascinating read. It took a very logical, mechanical, and engineering approach which was refreshing. Some unique and crazy ideas. The Great Pyramid, a machine, love it!
Weezie Macdonald
Very interesting stuff. Very detailed and raised some excellent questions and hypothesis. Got a bit technical in places (which I guess is necessary for credibility), but I had to re-read several sections to get it. If you are into this stuff, it's a must read.
Eric Bradford
Interesting. Not sure I agree with his theory of Pyramids use, but that he questions traditional Egyptologists/Historians is to be applauded. I agree that current mainstream theories are in error.
Alan
Brilliant! This book does an excellent job of rationally and scientifically debunking a lot of the 'theory' regarding the pyramids, without making any rash assertions of its own.
Ballstopicasso
unlike most ancient alien theorist books this one is actually purely scientific and relates observations and facts only.
Theresa Crater
An engineer looks at the Great Pyramid--and sees something different.
Ernie Dawson
A very very very interesting read. I'm guessing on the date read.
Hep
Jun 23, 2011 Hep rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: science
amazing read. excellently sourced.
Greg Hartman
May 22, 2007 Greg Hartman rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: the insane
absurd, but interesting on some levels.
Wil
Very Interesting Theory
Manikandan Yippee
Nov 25, 2013 Manikandan Yippee is currently reading it
Just a myth
Imi
Imi marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2014
Jack Storey
Jack Storey marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2014
Sydney Squidney
Sydney Squidney marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2014
Lost Technologies of Ancient Egypt: Advanced Engineering in the Temples of the Pharaohs Brutality Garden: Tropicalia and the Emergence of a Brazilian Counterculture Provinces: Canadian Provincial Politics The Handbook of Canadian Public Administration Institutionalized Cabinet: Governing the Western Provinces