Start by marking “Soul Eater, Vol. 06 (Soul Eater, #6)” as Want to Read:
Soul Eater, Vol. 06 (Soul Eater, #6)

Soul Eater, Vol. 06 (Soul Eater #6)

4.43  ·  Rating Details ·  2,017 Ratings  ·  32 Reviews
Death the Kid and Black*Star race after Free and Eruka, ready to do whatever it takes to stop the Black Blood before it is used to revive the slumbering First Kishin. Meanwhile, Maka has allowed herself to slip into madness in an effort to reach Crona’s troubled soul. In addition to being horribly embarrassing, her actions carry a great risk. If Maka can’t find Crona fast, ...more
Published June 28th 2011 by Yen Press (first published January 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Soul Eater, Vol. 06, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Soul Eater, Vol. 06

Mary ♥
Aug 13, 2016 Mary ♥ rated it it was amazing
Shelves: faves
5/5 stars

Calm down Stein, your insanity is showing xD
Also this volume was simply perfection
Samantha Tolleson
Feb 04, 2012 Samantha Tolleson rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Manga and Anime fans
Recommended to Samantha by: previous volumes
Volume 6 starts off with Chapter 19: Fight to Death (part 4)
The Battle to Stop the resurrection of the Kishin continues in this non-stop action packed volume. I particularly like Corona and Maka's friendship. The still of where Maka asks Corona to be her friend is especially moving.
Sophia F
Nov 24, 2013 Sophia F rated it really liked it
This was an interesting manga, what with the black blood and resurrecting Kishin. Also, what was up with Mizune becoming more 'girly' I guess you could say, and then have a 'fight' with Blair. And then they had an audience!! It just seemed like they were going to make out, and then got interrupted by Kishin. Thank GOD!
Other than that, the storyline is simply awesome, and Medusa is still a creep. I just keep wondering how Soul is doing with that black blood in his body and what he's gonna do to
Tracey
Feb 02, 2016 Tracey rated it liked it
The Kinshin battle at the end wasn't as epic as I was hoping but I'm confidant he'll be back and creating madness. The best part of this volume was Maka fighting against the black blood or whatever was making her crazy. The little souls of her and Croana were so darn cute. I wanna see more of that.
Kat (Lost in Neverland)
Dec 11, 2011 Kat (Lost in Neverland) rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
A bit boring compared to the others, but still quite good.
Amanda Setasha Hall
Jun 13, 2017 Amanda Setasha Hall rated it liked it
Shelves: manga, 2017
The story builds nicely but a lot more physically graphic (violence) in this one - especially towards the end.
Jesse Zellmer
Dec 08, 2014 Jesse Zellmer rated it liked it
Shelves: art-comics-manga
So to put it simply, I don't normally give a manga series that looks like scrapped Tim Burton characters and more action than substance a rating this high. To put it specifically; Soul Eater is balls out entertaining as balls with balls on top. It's a prototypical school-fantasy series that tries to be Harry Potter and the Nightmare Before Christmas, tries cocaine, develops a split personality and decides that it's both. And I'm not trying to fanboy but Soul Eater was the perfect show to start o ...more
E.S.
Feb 16, 2017 E.S. rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga-read
God, that witch just wouldn't die!

As always, I love Kid's dramatics. Shinigami-sama is actually a bad ass....I'm curious as to what's behind his mask? Nothing? Or is it hiding something scary? Maka + Soul= my OTP. And Black Star actually did something useful this volume (until he messed up). To be continued...I wonder what madness will occur from the Kishin.
KianaML
May 17, 2014 KianaML rated it it was ok
Shelves: books-i-own
As much as I've come to like Soul Eater I must admit that I didn't really enjoy this volume. It follows the parts where it left off great, and I love the fact that Crona is really kind hearted and on the side of good now! Though it's obvious that the whole story is getting much much darker as I go on, which is the part I'm not liking.

There were a bunch of parts in this volume that left me feeling disturbed and disgusted with the issue of madness and black blood getting worse then ESPECIALLY wit
Cornerofmadness
Aug 09, 2011 Cornerofmadness rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga

This action packed volume picks up with the kids trying to stop Medusa and her minions before they can free the Kishin and his madness. Medusa faces off with Stein and Spirit, almost completely unbalancing Stein’s fragile sanity. He’s just looking for excuses to dissect someone.

Maka and Soul have to face Crona and the demon sword. Maka has been infected by the black blood madness, sinking in deep as she tries to react Crona’s tormented soul. Black Star, Tsubaki, Kid, Patti and Liz are all after
Sarah Hayes
Oct 10, 2011 Sarah Hayes rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga-lns-misc
Rena
Feb 28, 2014 Rena rated it it was amazing
Shelves: series, manga
Every battle is on-the-edge-of-your-seat excitement. Are they going to defeat the witches before they fulfill their plan to resurrect a very dangerous man? I am genuinely terrified by some of the good guys too. There is some untapped strength that is beyond their control and I just find myself internally screaming not sure what to expect most of the time. AND WHY WON'T MEDUSA STAY DEAD!!!! Sorry, that outburst was out of my control.
Ruben
Feb 02, 2016 Ruben added it
I liked this chapter because everyone is fighting someone who seems to be the one that they can't beat. Eruka, a witch working for Medusa, is on her way to revive the first kishin. My Eruka's side is an immortal werewolf who has the power that gods can only dream of. This is one of shibushen biggest enemies.
Scott Lee
May 11, 2016 Scott Lee rated it it was amazing
Continues the plot arc from Volume five in which Medusa & co. attempt to free the original Kishin, who has apparently been imprisoned beneath DWMA. Nice moments for all involved including seeing Shinigami-Sama in the field...
Starfire1511
Oct 10, 2014 Starfire1511 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
I think that more action could have been implemented into this volume. Not much fighting took place and the fact that it kept switching between characters at times kind of confused me. However,it may not be my favorite in the series but it definitely it a great book. I still recommend it to anyone!
A Broken Zebra
This one is pretty much all action. We get some insight on Crona and there are strong moments between the four pairings: Black☆Star and Tsubaki, Maka and Soul, Kid and the Sisters, Stein and Death.

Loving this series.
Kendal    o((◕ฺ∀ ◕✿ฺ))o
Was a little confused by this volume so it took away from my enjoyment, but overall was still an awesome volume
Kay
Jan 09, 2012 Kay rated it it was amazing
seriously intense!
Mal
Jul 13, 2014 Mal rated it it was amazing

the fear of dealing with other people, huh...? even i'm scared of that.
meanwhile stein like: i think a very devout clergyman such as justin-kun here, for example, is less likely to be affected.
and me like: *spoilers* man, buddy, pal ... you be wrong.

old: (view spoiler)
Shiori
Feb 13, 2012 Shiori rated it really liked it
MEDUSA IS DEAD! YES! Though Crona is a girl because it said Daughter!
Nina
Jul 23, 2016 Nina rated it really liked it
*4.5 stars*
H.K.
Sep 03, 2016 H.K. rated it really liked it
Yay Crona!
Nidah (SleepDreamWrite)
The art designs are kind of cool. Kind of reminds me of something, maybe a little Final Fantasy or something like that. I don't know. Anyway, good volume.
Sara
That ending was sooooo GOOD! I didn't expect it at all, I'm starting to love all these characters more and more, even the evil ones!
Casseroll
Nov 24, 2012 Casseroll rated it really liked it
Great series. Some plots are too easily solved/explained instead of left to imagination or a conclusion. GREAT ARTWORK!
Claire
Nov 15, 2016 Claire rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga, read-2016
Love this series!
Mariah A
Sep 03, 2014 Mariah A rated it it was amazing
really good book i enjoyed it and encourage you to read if you like fantasy manga- well atleast i call it fantasy ^-^' Acton packed as well.
Heather Miller
May 05, 2016 Heather Miller rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own
can't wait to find the next few and continue
Carolina
Sep 01, 2012 Carolina rated it it was amazing
Ese Kishin está bien jodido de la cabeza... Btw esa "Pelea" entre Blair y la Bruja Mizune es el sueño de un pervertido XDDDD
Takashi Sakai

死神様vs鬼神

メデューサをシュタインが切る一枚絵いいよね.
  • D.Gray-man, Volume 11
  • Zombie-Loan, Vol. 6
  • フェアリーテイル 16 [Fearī Teiru 16] (Fairy Tail, #16)
2018764
Atsushi Ōkubo (大久保 篤 Ōkubo Atsushi?), also romanized as Atsushi Ohkubo, is a Japanese manga author and fantasy artist known for his work on the manga series Soul Eater, which has been adapted into an anime. Okubo worked as an assistant under Rando Ayamine, on the manga series Get Backers. He also created artwork for various cards for the Lord of Vermillion game.

Atsushi Ōkubo was not a model studen
More about Atsushi Ohkubo...

Soul Eater (1 - 10 of 25 books)
  • Soul Eater, Vol. 01 (Soul Eater, #1)
  • Soul Eater, Vol. 02 (Soul Eater, #2)
  • Soul Eater, Vol. 03 (Soul Eater, #3)
  • Soul Eater, Vol. 04 (Soul Eater, #4)
  • Soul Eater, Vol. 05 (Soul Eater, #5)
  • Soul Eater, Vol. 07 (Soul Eater, #7)
  • ソウルイーター 8 [Sōru Ītā 8] (Soul Eater, #8)
  • Soul Eater, Vol. 09 (Soul Eater, #9)
  • ソウルイーター 10