Start by marking “Pandora Hearts, Vol. 6” as Want to Read:
Pandora Hearts, Vol. 6

Pandora Hearts, Vol. 6 (Pandora Hearts #6)

4.47  ·  Rating Details ·  2,982 Ratings  ·  60 Reviews
Though Oz’s sudden appearance in the midst of Pandora wreaks havoc, the initially chilly reception to the prison-breaker runs more than warm when Jack Vessalius, hero of the tragedy of Sablier and the man from Alice’s memories, manifests in Oz’s body. Sensing Oz’s resultant inner turmoil, Uncle Oscar drags Oz and company on a “mission” to Lutwidge Academy, where Oz’s littl ...more
Published July 19th 2011 by Yen Press (first published August 27th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Pandora Hearts, Vol. 6, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pandora Hearts, Vol. 6

Mary
"If you treat your own life lightly you don't deserve to protect anyone else's life!!"

Meet Elliot, heir to the Nightray family and the adoptive brother of Vincent. He puts Oz in his place, and quickly secures his spot as one of my favorite characters in this series for his memorable quotes and ideologies pertaining to the meaning of self-sacrifice.

We meet this awesome guy in the library, where Oz and he quickly fight over a book series, favorite characters, and where Elliot spoils the ending for
Amy Keeley
Oct 23, 2012 Amy Keeley rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of a little philosophy in their action, twisted Alice in Wonderland
Shelves: manga
I have to admit, I had a couple problems with this volume. First, it tries to cover a lot of ground. Usually that works. Here, it feels a little bit of a reach.

Second, part of it takes place in a school. I cannot begin to tell you how tired I've grown of school settings in fantasy manga. Thankfully, the point here is not the school. It just happens to be the place where a few necessary characters are, and nothing about the plot suggests that it's going to become a recurring setting. But it stil
Lanie
Jul 11, 2016 Lanie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Black butler fans
Fucking brilliance. After the confusing-ness of the last two volumes, this was wonderful. Getting to focus on -mostly- just the reunion of Oz & Ada, these Baskervilles jerks, & the addition of Leo and Elliot was a nice change of pace after the last two volumes' journey into the Cheshire Cat's lair, this was great!

By far my most favorite volume of the series. So much humor mixed in with more serious stuff! That seen in the library! Poor oz! :( :( :( no one likes spoilers, but this scene
Mal
Feb 28, 2015 Mal rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
ᴀ real ғᴀɴ ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴛʜᴀᴛ

(view spoiler)
✿ cassandra ✿
The art is lovely, and I adore the majority of the characters... But what is going on? Does anyone know when the series starts making sense, like which volume is it? I'm going crazy over here!
Gabriela Paige
Mar 04, 2017 Gabriela Paige rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Of course it is going to end like that. Wow. This is insane. I love it! And there are some new characters that I really like! They treat Oz so differently from everyone else.
Hannah Heath
Feb 04, 2016 Hannah Heath rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
2.5 stars. Lottie (AKA: creepiest female character ever) kind of ruined this volume for me. But the addition of Sharon and another Nightray was fun, and Oz's character developed quite a bit more. There was just a lot going on, too many storylines running at once, and, as I said, Lottie. Here's hoping that she dies in the next volume. Probably won't happen, but I can dream, can't I?
Jenny
Jun 21, 2009 Jenny rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga, shounen-manga
[Ch. 23-26:]

Sharon and Break are very cute together~! (:

It was nice to see Ada. I wondered what happened to her. It's funny that she's in love with her family's rivals.

Hehe, Alice was so jealous of Ada. xD

Hm, so nearly all the houses have met up again. I can't wait to see what'll happen next.
Chiara (delicate eternity)
Aug 12, 2014 Chiara (delicate eternity) rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Eek, new characters and AHHHH THE COMMENT FROM OSCAR ABOUT OZBERT. IT'S CANON, I TELL YOU. CANON.
Elevetha
3.5 stars.

Lottie is disturbing, on a number of levels.

THE HAT WAS FROM ADA?!?!?!

Lutwidge Academy? Mochizuli simply adores Lewis Carroll references.
Lisa
Dec 08, 2014 Lisa rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3,5
Jeffrey
Xerxes Break and Vincent Nightray face off over Sharon and the memory Xerxes' captured from Cheshire's realm, then Oz's Uncle Oscar drags Oz, Alice, and Gilbert off to an exclusive private academy, ostensibly to check on Oz's Ada, Oz's sister's and find out who is her boyfriend.

Once we work through the denouement of the previous arc, the school visit sets up as a typically silly side story designed to lighten the mood a bit. Everyone dresses up in disguise, nothing goes as planned, and inevitabl
Abigail Lynn
Apr 11, 2017 Abigail Lynn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Ahhhh... there are sooo many great quotes from this volume, I'm afraid that if I managed to list them all it'll be quite a few pages long! Thus, I will try to keep the quotations to the bare minimum of my absolute favorites.

While I don't really have too much to say on the beginning of this volume, I do need to make a few comments!
Break. Oh, Break. I just love how he's pretending to be carefree and acting immature most of the time, but he can still have serious scenes. Too often characters (ESP
Tan
Mar 07, 2017 Tan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5
MissAnnThrope
30 June 2013

This series still confuses me to all heck with its ADD-type storytelling, but the engaging characters and stunning artwork keep me coming back for more. I have yet to fall in love with this series; however, I do adore the characters. Pandora Hearts, Vol. 6 shows Vincent to be quite the delicious villain. I thoroughly enjoy the prickly chemistry between him and Xerxes. I'd love to have an entire volume dedicated to just the both of them.

This volume kicks off with a lot of silliness, w
Nic
Oct 03, 2012 Nic rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novel
Not sure what to think of this one. Two characters, one new and one who had until now appeared only infrequently, get a lot of face time: Elliot (with valet Leo) and Lottie. And I have feelings about them.

I rather like Elliot and Leo, and find it hilarious how they meet over the book series that Elliot and Oz both read. (Elliot gives Oz a terrible spoiler, assuming that any fan would be up to date on the series - he doesn't know that Oz has been stuck in the Abyss for the past ten years.) What I
Mackenzie Hartman
Feb 12, 2017 Mackenzie Hartman rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Review for volumes 4-7 since I kinda read them all together. I have absolutely no clue how this manga can be so dense with story, reveals, twists and character development 7 volumes in (with 17 more to go!) and it's certainly different from what I'm used to pacing wise.

Before I get into just spoiling what happens in these I will say that if you're wondering whether or not to continue and you're already enjoying it then I would definitely have to say yes! On the flip side if you didn't like it u
Lottie Eve
Oct 05, 2012 Lottie Eve rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Miss Ryoko
Dec 23, 2011 Miss Ryoko rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga, library-book
Hee hee... I like how this volume started out sort of silly and then ended with me going "WHHHAAAAT!!!???" LOL! I love those moments.

Here is all you need to know:
1) Break is awesome!
2) Sharon used a paper fan like Sanzo from Saiyuki, which made me go ♥_♥ (I know, I know, the use of a harisen is not strictly a Saiyuki thing, but it's where most of my experience with the harisen comes from and gives me fond memories, so shut up :-p haha)
3) Elliot Nightray is kind of a stud
4) Jack Vessalius IS a st
Jamie (Books and Ladders)
Actual Rating: 3.5*

This one has a bit of a drag period between action sequences that don't seem to serve any purpose except get us from one action plot point to another. I think this is a good story and there is a lot going on, but it's almost like there is a disconnect on how to get there. Still will be continuing with this series, though.

I started breaking down chapter ratings with the subsequent volumes

Books and Ladders | Queen of the Bookshelves | Books Are My Fandom | Twitter | Instagram |
Corley
Jul 05, 2011 Corley rated it it was amazing
Chia-Tung
Jun 15, 2013 Chia-Tung rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
We learn how it actually went with Break saving Sharon by handing Alice's memory over to Vincent.

After that, Oz and the company(?) are off to investigate who his little sister, Ada Vessalius (I just realised that I'd spelt it wrong in my other reviews), fancies. At Ada's school, Oz is reunited with his little sister and meets Elliot Nightray and Leo.

The Baskervilles are here as well! Lottie, Dug, and Fang have kidnapped Oz to talk to Jack.
Lottie comments that Oz's self-sacrifice idealogy(?) is
Courtney (Storybook Slayers)
More reviews at Rondo of a Possible World: YA Book Reviews

The whole revamping of Alice in Wonderland into a dark and twisted manga following a Boy named Oz and an chain named Alice (B Rabbit) definitely caught my eye when searching for a new manga to read. The art work is astounding and I fell in love from page one. Not just that, but the chilling mystery behind Oz and what he is truly guilty of does peck at my skin, the anticipation of knowing the secret haunts me every time I read :) A truly
Jordan
Dec 27, 2011 Jordan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was wrong about the eye. And I was so certain...

Break is even more amazing now. I aspire to be like him in all ways x3 The two new characters are two new favorites. I really liked the theme (and Eliot's blunt pep talks!) It's like CLAMP but more... blunt. Art remains amazing, adorable, hilarious, and emotional. Storytelling is still addictive.

Rating PG13
Up to s***, once or twice, I think. In a flashback, a hand is shown holding an eye with blood and stuff hanging from it.
Yume Yoru
(Leído para el Cramathon.) Un poco más ligero que los anteriores tomos, aunque me ha dejado con la curiosidad de qué pasa después. Además, parece que Oz por fin va tomando conciencia de sus capacidades. También nos intenta explicar un poco de lo que le pasa por la cabeza (mira que el niño es raro). Y me ha encantado la aparición de Ada, aunque se haya convertido en la pechugona de la serie. A ver qué pasa en los siguientes.
Sarah Hayes
Sep 09, 2011 Sarah Hayes rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga-lns-misc
/wibbles/ Oh, Oz. Why are you so perfectly screwed up? I - I really have nothing else to say about this volume other than OH OZ VESSALIUS~ and a little bit of 'oh ho ho' about his love for valets, fictional or otherwise. Needed more Alice, though. Always needs more Alice. I love my tsundere B-Rabbit so much :3
S. M. Metzler
Jul 21, 2016 S. M. Metzler rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
I loved this volume. Leo and Elliot are now my new favorites and they each get 5 stars. Lottie, though, is the worst female character. She gets 1/2 star. She ruined this book and kept it from getting a 5 star from me.

I love Elliot's relationship with Oz (particularly the scene where they're discussing that book series). Can't wait to read more about Elliot and Leo.
Kerry
Mar 05, 2011 Kerry rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga, 2011-releases
I love this series, but for some reason I really struggled with this book. I couldn't get into the story line and I had to force myself to finish the book. I could simply be distracted by other things and now was not the time for this one. I may have to revisit it at another time because I can't imagine being this disappointed in the series.
Nga Linh
Nov 10, 2015 Nga Linh rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
I'm disapointed with some of the characters in this volume.

Eliot is just too ridiculous, his actions are always loud to the point of ridicule.

Ada is a disapointment. From her dressings to her cat, it is so cliche. I expect more of that.
But what annoyed me most is Lottie, her actions are unbearable
ArdnAskelA
Nov 15, 2012 ArdnAskelA rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga, fantasy
Yaaaay, un peu plus de personnages féminins ! Ainsi que de nouveaux personnages masculins (dont un autre Nightray (il y en a encore combien? ôô))
Dans ce tome à part l'arrivée de nouveaux personnages, l'histoire n'avance pas trop je trouve (j'ai pas appris grande chose de plus sur le mystère d'il y a cent ans quoi) x) J'espère que le 7 rattrape l'affaire ^^
  • D.Gray-man, Volume 13
  • Black Butler, Vol. 10 (Black Butler, #10)
  • Karneval, Vol. 2 (Karneval, #2)
Jun Mochizuki (望月淳 Mochizuki Jun) is a Japanese comic artist (manga-ka), best known for the fantasy shounen series Pandora Hearts/パンドラハーツ.
More about Jun Mochizuki...

Pandora Hearts (1 - 10 of 24 books)
  • Pandora Hearts 1巻
  • Pandora Hearts, Volume 9
  • Pandora Hearts 10
  • Pandora Hearts 11巻

“It's impossible to live without hurting others.” 56 likes
“People who think so lightly of their own lives, don't have the right to protect anyone.” 23 likes