Start by marking “Chesapeake Blue (Chesapeake Bay Saga #4)” as Want to Read:
Chesapeake Blue (Chesapeake Bay Saga #4)

Chesapeake Blue (Chesapeake Bay Saga #4)

4.17  ·  Rating Details ·  25,503 Ratings  ·  636 Reviews
Number-one New York Times-bestselling author Nora Roberts returns to Chesapeake Bay and her beloved Quinn family for the story of Seth Quinn, the long-awaited conclusion to the breathtaking drama of "Sea Swept", "Rising Tides", and "Inner Harbor."
Published November 4th 2002 by Putnam Adult (first published January 1st 2002)

Jana
The main thing I object is, cliché. Am I that stupid? Yes, I am. I really enjoy romances, quick light fix of alpha male and alpha female, just it’s hard to find an intelligent romance. But it is. Most of them are so badly written, that every time when I see so many 5 stars, I think about the readers and the old lady and her cats metaphor. Don't you have any whatsoever criteria if you rate THIS book 5 stars?

Why do they have to be so transparent? Quick fix doesn't necessarily need to be shallow a
Val
It's always sad when you finish reading a book or a series, to say goodbye to characters you fell in love with, characters that become part of you while reading.
Each character from the Chesapeake Bay Saga became a part of me, made me want to be part of their amazing family and it's so sad to know Chesapeake Blue was the last book.

Chesapeake Blue brings us back to Seth Quinn, the last boy Ray rescued and who Cameron, Ethan and Phillip took care of after Ray died.
Seth's coming back from Europe, h
jenjn79
Apr 23, 2008 jenjn79 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: romance readers / Nora Roberts fans
Recommended to jenjn79 by: continuation of a series / favorite author
The 4th and final book in the Chesapeake Bay / Quinn Brothers series. And yet another highly enjoyable book. I love rereading this one simply for the story (though the romance is good as well).

It's been 18 years since the Quinn brothers took Seth in and gave him a home. Eighteen years since he escaped the horrible life his mother led. He's never forgotten how lucky he is, and how much he owes to Cam, Ethan, Phillip and their wives. For the last few years, he's been traveling the world, painting
Kristalia
Final rating: 4.25/5 stars

It seems it's Nora's thing to end the books suddenly. I'm not fan of that and that makes gets me thrown off the rail. Not really a good idea as all books need some sort of epilogue - especially when most things are sorted out, even if it is just 2 more pages about a week later, month later, year later.

But I came to love her writing and her stories and will definitely read more books by her.

Loved this one too, but it was a bit weaker than the previous three books in the
Vinaya
Nothing But Nora Week, Book 2

Chesapeake Blue is the last book in the Chesapeake Bay Saga. It's the story of Seth Quinn, the youngest of the Quinn brothers, who has just returned home after a few years in Italy. Seth is now an up-and-coming painter who's making waves in art circles, but his heart, as always, lies with his family in St.Christopher, on the Maryland Shore. Soon after moving back, he encounters the fascinating Drusilla Whitcomb Banks, who has just opened a florist's shop in St. Chris
Jacob Proffitt
Definitely the best of the series, but not truly outstanding. I really wish Roberts had grown past the whole Gloria DeLauter nonsense. Those parts dragged this down a whole star, though not just for her appearances. The problem with Gloria in this one that didn't impact the others is that she fundamentally altered Seth as a character. That she still had power over him weakened him in ways that felt untrue. We've spent three books and eighteen years telling Seth that "if you take on one Quinn, yo ...more
Laura V.
Estoy un poco decepcionada con esta serie. Para mí, Aubrey y Seth terminarían juntos en mi cabeza lo hicieron. Se conocen desde niños, tienen una gran amistad, están cómodos con el otro y se aman, se aman, se aman.

Pero para la autora eso no le pareció chispa sufiente y le dio a Drusilla, si el nombre no es un indicio suficiente, puedo describirla como rica, elegante, distante y fría. Otra vez.

Un flechazo a primera vista, una chica que (otra vez) no quiere saber nada de tener relaciones y que p
Brenda (b)
Definitely a keeper - the whole series is. I loved them all, this one included. Chesapeake Blue is a truly fitting conclusion to the original trilogy. The theme of family coming together in love and understanding is just as strong as in the first 3 books. I loved seeing Cam, Ethan, Phillip and their wives again, plus meeting their kids too. And Seth is one terrific guy - gorgeous, talented, considerate. The fact that he survived Gloria and was able to flourish with the Quinns makes him even more ...more
Caro
Apr 04, 2011 Caro rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: roberts-nora, own
Really good. Draws you in from the beginning and me deep into it before I knew what I was doing. Good, strong characters, emotions, fun and humor, aggravation, some touching moments, great family and a good HEA. This definitely has me wanting to read the whole series. Gotta love it!
Glamdring
*Buddy reading with Blacky <333*

Review to come
İlkim
Bizde yayınlanmış bir Nora kitabı bende nasıl olmaz diye düşünerek fuardaki sahaftan görür görmez kapmıştım kitabı. İyi ki de almışım. Polisiye kısmı olmasa da yine beğendiğim güzel bir hikaye oldu. Quinn ailesi bir harika. Tabi ki sevgili epsilon serinin ortasından giriştiği için şimdi bu ailenin diğer erkeklerini okumam gerekecek.
Elena
overall ok ... ok conclusion to the story, but a bit over the top with the mother blackmailing him, etc...

Something was confusing me though - how much time passed between the last book and this one ?! Cam and Anna already have teenagers - so are we to believe that Seth spent 15 years in Europe?!
Cathy

This turned out to be the best of the bunch for me. I was more into the romance than any of the previous ones. Still could've done without Gloria DeLauter rearing her ugly head again (even though it was expected, I'd still been hoping Roberts would've been done with that part of the storyline but nope) (view spoiler).

And I liked how, when all o
Maria
May 24, 2016 Maria rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of the best books I have read by Nora Roberts. I felt like I was in the story as one of the characters. I Recommend this book to anyone who loves Nora.
Yolanda
Jun 28, 2015 Yolanda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Me ha encantado la saga. Cam, Philip,Ethan y Seth son encantadores, cada uno con sus cosas y con lo suyo a su espalda.. me ha gustado muchísimo.. me dan ganas de ir a vivir a la bahía!!!
Teresa
Mar 28, 2017 Teresa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved being back with the Brothers Quinn, seeing where all of them are now, and finally getting Seth's own story.
Alex is The Romance Fox
I am so happy that I was able to read Seth Quinn’s story.

From the time I first meet him in Sea Swept (1st book in the Quinn Brothers Saga), I fell in love with the lonely, distrustful abused grandson of Ray Quinn, the amazing man, who with his now dead wife, Stella, had adopted Cam, Ethan and Phillip as broken children and with love and care enabling them to become strong and good men.

Despite the emotional damage in his childhood, with the love and support from his brothers has grown into a fin
Jane Stewart
2.5 stars. Weak characters, relationship development, and plot. Enjoyable teasing and conversations among family members.

THE SERIES:
The Chesapeake Bay series includes four books which tell a continuing story about a family. Ray and Stella Quinn adopt three troubled boys who came from abusive homes. In the first three books the boys are about 30 years old. They left home, have good jobs and are single. Stella died several years earlier. In the beginning of the first book Ray took in another boy,
Lover of Romance
In Chesepeake Blue, Seth Quinn returns home from Europe. After a successful career as a painter, he knows he needs to return home. Ever since he was fourteen years old, there is a secret that has been haunting him and feels a need to return home and to his family. After a family homecoming that lightens Seth heart and spirit. After overcoming his childhood that was a hellish nightmare, he is now more than ever determined to find joy in life and with his family now that he has returned home for g ...more
Nicole R
I always tell people that I never reread books. I'm starting to realize that is a lie. While I do not reread often I do like to revisit some books, especially when they are written by my favorite author and I've read everything she has written! It has been almost 10 years since I last read of the Quinn Brothers, but this has always been my favorite trilogy.

Cam, Ethan, and Philip Quinn are all called home to their fathers unexpected deathbed, and find a surprise: a ten year old boy named Seth who
QiJia 치쟈
This is a really good book but to enjoy it you must read the Chesapeake Bay series in order
The main theme of family, love and understanding is beautifully portray and I can't help wishing I'm part of the Quinns too!
We see a lot of Anna and Cam , I love their sarcasm and humour and the unconditional love for every Quinn
getting to know Anna,Cam,Ethan,Grace,Phillip and Sybill with their kids made me feel so contented
Aubrey turned into such an amazing woman too!
I really really wish that I'm a Quinn
valee
Aug 26, 2011 valee rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cont-romance
God I just love this woman! Nora Robert's cont-romances are just too good to be true. This was the perfect ending for an amazing series, I just couldn't have asked for more.

Be ready to read a series with amazing characters, a lot of terrific values and some mixed feelings. A touch of the paranormal world is also on it so we wont miss the pnr-romance genre so much. Sigh... there better be more books of this genre I still haven't read from this author or I will be royally pissed.

Thanks NR for th
Cristina Aguado rodriguez
4.5 Estrellas. Me encanta Seth y en lo que se ha convertido pese al horror que pasó de niños. Me encanta esa pasión que pone cuando pinta y me gusta mucho su relación con Dru (aunque tengo que decir que me decepcionó que no acabara con Aubrey, la verdad es que me ha gustado mucho como han tratado ese tema) Me gusta muchísimo la relación de esta familia, y me ha dejado un muy buen sabor de boca. Genial Serie.
Mancho283
ชอบความผูกพันธระหวางพีนองและครอบครัวมากๆ แตเรืองราวพระนางไมไดมีอะไรนาตืนเตนเทากับตอนของพวกพีๆไมได โดยเฉพาะตอนของแคมนีคือชอบทีสุด มันคือความเขาใจระหวางคนสองคนทีเปนผูใหญเนอะ ถาคิดกันคนละแบบการคบกันมันกยาก แตสรุปโดยรวมตอนนีกสนุกเปนการปิดชุดไดแบบครอบครัวสุขสันตมากมายเลย ...more
Nancy Steinle gummel
What can you say bad about Nora Roberts? Her book Chesapeake Blue is no exception. She has a talent for creating characters that are so vividly real.S
Tonya Burrows
Jun 18, 2016 Tonya Burrows rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved seeing Seth as a grown man, and revisiting the other Quinn brothers and their families. Satisfying conclusion to a satisfying series.
Dija
Feb 23, 2015 Dija rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
loved this series! so sad now that it's over. an absolute must-read for lovers of small town, family love stories.
Evalunasylva
Mais uma série terminada :-D
Sonia
Mar 30, 2017 Sonia rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: contemporanea
Me ha aburrido el personaje de Drusilla porque otra vez tenemos a la elegante y refinada pobre niña rica cuando el tema ya lo trató mejor con Sybill. Lo peor el cambio que le da al personaje de Seth, los tres libros anteriores nos preparan para un hombre que ha crecido disfrutando del apoyo y amor de su familia pero la autora decide pasárselo por el forro y mostrar a un tipo débil y asustado por una madre-monstruo cliché.
Tampoco le dedica demasiado entusiasmo al romance o a mi me lo ha parecido.
Alayne
Feb 11, 2017 Alayne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Quite an enjoyable end to the Chesapeake Bay Saga, and an entertaining read.
  • The Official Nora Roberts Companion
  • Survivor In Death (In Death, #20)
More about Nora Roberts...

Chesapeake Bay Saga (4 books)
  • Sea Swept (Chesapeake Bay Saga, #1)
  • Rising Tides (Chesapeake Bay Saga, #2)
  • Inner Harbor (Chesapeake Bay Saga, #3)

“It's not an exaggeration to say that they saved my life. Ray Quinn, then Cam and Ethan and Phil. They turned their world around for me, and because of it, turned mine around with it. Anna and Grace and Sybill, Aubrey too. They made a home for me, and nothing that happened before matters nearly as much as everything that came after.” 8 likes
“I want to come home. Not just for a few days or a couple weeks. I want to stay. Can I stay?"
Cam drew off his sunglasses, and his eyes, smoke-gray, met Seth's. "What the hell's the matter with you that you think you have to ask? You trying to piss me off?"
"I never had to try, nobody does with you. Anyway, I'll pull my weight."
"You always pulled your weight. And we missed seeing your ugly face around here."
And that, Seth thought as they walked to the car, was all the welcome he needed from Cameron Quinn.”
5 likes